Portrait Innovations Studio Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Portrait Innovations Studio Associate Interview Questions

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Portrait Innovations (Dayton, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume online in May and was contacted by their recruiter in July. Answered a few screening questions about my company interests, experience, etc., and then was scheduled for an in-person interview a few days later with the regional and store managers. The interview was very informal, and took place in the client sales area. It lasted about 20/25 minutes and questions were pretty standard (Why Portrait Innovations? Biggest weakness/strength? Availability?). At the end, they said I should hear back within a week. Two days later, I received and accepted an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is one big strength you have? A weakness? What experience do you have with sales/working with kids?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Portrait Innovations

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Portrait Innovations (Oklahoma City, OK) in October 2015.

Interview

I got a phone call from corporate and immediately did a phone interview. Afterwards, I scheduled an in person interview. The manager and a traveling manager asked me some basic questions as well as some job specific (sales and photography) questions. I was offered the position from corporate a few weeks later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroeville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Portrait Innovations (Monroeville, PA).

Interview

I was offered an interview two weeks after applying online. The interview was supposed to start at 10 AM, but the manager didn't take me back until 11:20 and barely apologized for the wait. The interview itself lasted about 20 minutes. The manager asked me about my background, told me a little about the company, asked me why I wanted to work there, if I liked working with children, and if I was willing to work long hours, especially during the holiday season.

Interview Questions

Ultimately the the job seemed far more focused on sales than on photography and happy customers.

Studio Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Portrait Innovations in October 2013.

Interview

Spoke to the Manager over the phone and in store. It was a busier Sunday, so I got to take a look at how things would go down. I also spoke to a recruiting manager over the phone, but I don't remember which came first. I recall the questions being fairly similar between the two interviews, though the in-store one was of course a little more personal. Some managers will interview you in a quiet space, while others will intentionally sit you in the thick of it to test your ability to focus (hard to do with screaming babies around).

Studio Associate Interview

Application

I interviewed at Portrait Innovations in October 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiting director by phone to set up an in person interview. I interviewed with the studio manager in person. It was pretty typical questions. Nothing to fancy. What are your strengths? Weakness? Are you comfortable working with young children?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was pretty desperate for work so there wasn't a lot of negotiating. I was offered $12/hour and 40 hours a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Portrait Innovations (Kent, WA) in November 2011.

Interview

The corporate recruiter called me from North Carolina and conducted a phone interview to make sure I was an appropriated candidate for a 1:1 interview. My 1:1 interview was with the Regional manager and took place while a few families were getting pictures taken and selecting photos for purchase. The staff seemed warm and friendly. The Regional Manager was very nice and wanted to get a feel for my sales background as well as my ability work with children and their families. It seemed like a fun and rewarding place to work if you are a people person and enjoy working with children.

Interview Questions

• Do you have an interest in photography?   1 Answer

Studio Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Portrait Innovations in December 2010.

Interview

Pre-screening interviews are generally conducted over the phone by a member of the HR department. The phone interview consists of questions relating to your availability, photography, and sales experience. If you pass the initial phone interview, you are then scheduled for an interview with the studio manager. The in-person interview may take 30 minutes or so. The studio manager generally asks questions similar to the phone interview and tries to determine if you are a good fit. Impress the studio manager and the job is yours. The manager then sends a review to the HR department, who notifies you of the hiring decision.

Interview Questions

• Do you have an interest or background in photography?   1 Answer
    • Can you tell me about your sales experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation process. All new studio associates start out at the same rate, $12 with a bonus plan determined by the studio's age and performance.