Post University Admissions Counselor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Post University Admissions Counselor Interview Questions

2.3

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Admissions Counselor Interview

Interview

There was an initial phone screening followed by an interview in the offices of the Online Education Institute. The questions were guided toward past related experiences and how they related to the Admissions Counselor position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Post University

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Post University (Waterbury, CT) in June 2013.

Interview

Brief phone interview and then in person interview with HR and 2 managers. Not an overly welcoming environment when interviewing. Standard inside sales type questions were asked with a couple tough ones thrown in. I answered them thoroughly and with a lot of thought, but did not get an offer. They did also mention that the position requires at least 100 outbound phone calls per day. Sounded to me like more of a high pressure sales job than admissions.

Interview Questions

• What would I do to change someone's mind about enrolling.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Post University (Waterbury, CT) in March 2012.

Interview

I went through a staffing agency, they placed me and I got an interview that week. Two hours after my interview they gave my staffing agency an offer who told me if I would like I could start in two weeks. Overall it was a very simple hiring process. Simpler if you go direct through Post's HR and not a staffing agency.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want the job?   1 Answer
    • What skills do you have that will help you be successful?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, but that is because I went through a staffing agency so the power was in their hands, not sure how direct recruits are treated in this regard.

Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Post University (Waterbury, CT) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview process for me was very laid back. I was contacted just a few days after submitting my application. I spoke with the HR rep for a few weeks via phone before I could make it to campus. Once I arrived, I interviewed with one of the Assistant Directors. We talked about hobbies, my career goals, and a little bit about the culture of school. My second interview was a bit more formal with some harder work-related questions. From the moment I walked in each time, I saw smiles on faces and everyone said hello. It seemed like a buzzing environment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer is competitive especially in this economy. Most people working in admissions are young and just starting a career, so the benefits and salary are often worth it for the experience.