Post University Interview Questions in Waterbury, CT | Glassdoor

2.2

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Post University (Waterbury, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview itself was quick and easy -- I just talked about my research, and they were like cool, you're on board. Everything else was slow, confusing, and frustrating. The amount of paperwork they required was extensive; I had to pay to have transcripts sent even from institutions I attended over 10 years ago. The worst, however, was a week-long online training that was tedious, patronizing, and at times disquieting (it seemed like they were trying to figure out how to get as much out of instructors as possible without paying them any additional income). It was just hoop after hoop, and then with days until the semester started, they came back to me and said they did not actually have anything for me to teach. They have contacted me a couple of times since then, but I basically said "thanks but no thanks." It was a weird experience -- they technically did hire me/offer me a position, but when it actually came down to it, there wasn't an actual position. I just had done all this training and paperwork for no real reason.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience working with non-traditional students and/or students from diverse backgrounds.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Post University (Waterbury, CT) in August 2013.

Interview

They brought me in through a temp agency and interviewed me. I arrived there and 3 people interviewed me in the conference room. They had my typing information and quizzes I took at the temp agency and my resume.

Interview Questions

• What I knew about the company.   1 Answer

Student Accounts Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Post University (Waterbury, CT).

Interview

Interview with the director and assistant director of the students accounts department. Just be professional, honest, and have a can do attitude with a decent resume and you should be in good shape.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Post University (Waterbury, CT) in June 2013.

Interview

Brief phone interview and then in person interview with HR and 2 managers. Not an overly welcoming environment when interviewing. Standard inside sales type questions were asked with a couple tough ones thrown in. I answered them thoroughly and with a lot of thought, but did not get an offer. They did also mention that the position requires at least 100 outbound phone calls per day. Sounded to me like more of a high pressure sales job than admissions.

Interview Questions

• What would I do to change someone's mind about enrolling.   Answer Question

Residence Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Post University (Waterbury, CT) in July 2012.

Interview

The interview was casual and low-key. The Dean of Students was friendly and easy to interact with. She was communicative, but the waiting process was a little drawn out and longer than expected, leading to anxiety.

Interview Questions

• What will you find most challenging about being a residence director?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Post University (Waterbury, CT) in March 2012.

Interview

I went through a staffing agency, they placed me and I got an interview that week. Two hours after my interview they gave my staffing agency an offer who told me if I would like I could start in two weeks. Overall it was a very simple hiring process. Simpler if you go direct through Post's HR and not a staffing agency.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want the job?   1 Answer
    • What skills do you have that will help you be successful?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, but that is because I went through a staffing agency so the power was in their hands, not sure how direct recruits are treated in this regard.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Post University (Waterbury, CT) in January 2012.

Interview

Contacted via email regarding unexpected opening - wanted to know my availability. I was. Both interviewers were the "management team" I would be working for. Lots of talk about we don't spoonfeed our kids but they need lots of special attention. They were both friendly enough and asked on point questions related to teaching style, integration within their system.

Advice: Just be yourself

Interview Questions

• How would you adjust your teaching to our students who don't read the books?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation - it is presented as this is what we offered. Later in conversations with other adjuncts I learned someone with a masters was being paid same as I with a PhD.

Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Post University (Waterbury, CT) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview process for me was very laid back. I was contacted just a few days after submitting my application. I spoke with the HR rep for a few weeks via phone before I could make it to campus. Once I arrived, I interviewed with one of the Assistant Directors. We talked about hobbies, my career goals, and a little bit about the culture of school. My second interview was a bit more formal with some harder work-related questions. From the moment I walked in each time, I saw smiles on faces and everyone said hello. It seemed like a buzzing environment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer is competitive especially in this economy. Most people working in admissions are young and just starting a career, so the benefits and salary are often worth it for the experience.

Teaching Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Post University (Waterbury, CT) in June 2009.

Interview

I floated my resume to several universities in the area. I was called in to present a teaching demonstration for a panel of teachers and students. I was called that same day to confirm my appointment as an adjunct. The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

Interview Questions

• No questions, just a presentation, but they included a panel of students and a very specific criteria for rating that I did not see beforehand.   1 Answer