PostcardMania Executive Assistant to Chief Operating Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at PostcardMania

2.5

Executive Assistant to Chief Operating Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PostcardMania (Clearwater, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview. The scheduled call was 10 minutes late. The gal from HR didn't even know what position I was applying for. She said: "Assist to the CEO, right?" I had to correct her that there were already two Exec's to the CEO currently (as I had found via my studies of their company profile), and that the position I was applying for was to assist the COO (not CEO). She seemed to fumble for a moment and then said "you're right." I thought to myself that maybe this was a test. Afterward, the interview seemed friendly and upbeat enough and I received all the normal questions you'd expect. Everything seemed to be going wonderfully and she was praising all my answers. Then, she told me the hours: 9AM-6PM...."Is that okay?" she asked. Yes, I replied... "and the pay is $13.00 hr., will that work for you?" I was a bit taken aback,as Exec Assistants supporting a COO make A LOT more money. I asked her if that figure was correct (remembering how she got some of the info incorrect in the beginning of the interview). She said it was. I let her know that I was making $40K in my last position (severe low end range for this position) and Exec Assistants supporting upper management usually get $40K-$60K yearly, so the fact that they only want to pay $27K a year to do the same thing is VERY surprising. She said: "Well, I guess this job isn't for you then...good luck." The salary was NOT negotiable and NOT up for discussion when I asked. In retrospect, I started wondering if the salary was a test to see what I'd say? I am uncertain, but if this company is playing games and testing you and can't be up front, then that's not good...and if they are that cheap on salaries, that's not good either. So, I was a bit bummed, as I was so very excited going into this interview, only to be severely let down at the end of the call. Overall, the interviewer was pleasant, until the end and how abrupt she was. I do not give thumbs up or thumbs down. I think it's just a draw at this point.

Interview Questions

• "How did you hear about our company, and why do you want to work for us?"   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for PostcardMania

Executive Assistant to Chief Operating Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PostcardMania (Clearwater, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I first attended the open house, and got a great overview of the company. I highly recommend doing the open house!! I submitted my resume and filled out their job application before I left. Within a few days I was called in for an interview, with Vendy from HR. The interview was pretty normal; she asked questions about my past success and failures and what made me Interested me in the company. After that I took a series of short tests..typing, aptitude, and IQ. The next day I was then asked to come and have an interview with the executive I would be working under. That interview was more like a conversation, I actually forgot I was being interviewed! haha. Jill was so nice and easy to talk to, it made beIng interviewed seem not so intimidating.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time a situation seemed impossible, but you succeed in the end.   1 Answer

PostcardMania Response

May 10, 2017 – VP HR

Thank you for your feedback on this and I am so happy to hear it went well for you! You've been such a great addition to the team!!