Potashcorp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 14, 2016

2.8

Environmental Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Potashcorp (Charlotte, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

The interviewer head of the Environmental Department, The Interview determines whether you are able to handle the job in less than 20 minutes. A few questions, include type of work, experience related to Air Compliance, NOV and other irrelevant questions.

Interview Questions

• Experience in Air Compliance, The interviewer ask you about your job experience related to Air, experience and expect that you know the entire Clean Air Act in its entirety, Subparts of the regulations, you had experience working with in less than 20 minutes interview   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Potashcorp (Aurora, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

Submit resume and 3 weeks later recruiter called me. Month later they started the enquiring process at previous employers. About six weeks later recruiter informed me the Supt wants a phone interview. After that the process went a lot faster. Two weeks later they wanted me for on-site visit. Interviewed with plant Supt and Gen. Foreman and 5 other senior personnel including Human Resources Manager. Also had a tour through the different sections of the plant. Week later went on-site again to meet all the Department managers and had lunch with them. This time I met with 9 senior managers.
    The whole time ALL these people were extremely pleasant and went out of their way to make me feel at home !! VERY pleasant experience !!!!

Interview Questions

• What manager will bring out the most in you ?
      How would you get someone to do something that is required but he don't really want to do it ?
      Name occasions where you failed ?
      Name cases where you realized later you made a mistake and how did you rectified it ?
      Answer Question

Staff Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Potashcorp (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume directly through the PotashCorp website. Within two weeks I was called for a phone interview. The phone interview took place with supervisor over the position, not HR. I liked this because it gave me the opportunity to see if the person on the other end of the line seemed like someone with whom I'd want to work. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and was very standard- I was told about the position and told the interviewer a little about my qualifications. I was contacted the next day by the HR department and asked to come in for a face-to-face interview. I was asked to complete the PotashCorp standard application, to prepare a 10-15 minute PowerPoint presentation about myself to present to a panel of interviewers during the face-to-face interview, and given instructions on when to arrive for the interview. From the moment I stepped onto the grounds, I was greeted warmly by all staff with whom I came in contact. The interview began with my presentation which was followed by the HR manager and supervisor over the position taking me through a "Behavioral" style interview.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral style, typically beginning with "Tell me about a time when you experienced...". The questions were all very pertinent to the position and straight forward. I didn't feel they asked me anything that didn't fit the job or that was difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Potashcorp (Raleigh, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

On campus interview was used to determine the list on individuals to be interviewed by each department. The department interview was much more casual. The manager seemed interested in finding a position that would work for the company's and my own goals. Interview was a full day due to location and lunch was provided. There was also a neat tour.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Potashcorp (Raleigh, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

Brought in for first round interviews after a career fair. It was a 1:1 interview which was more about getting to know the applicant as well as get a feeling for their credentials. The process was very quick but only heard back over a month later by mail.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the related operations and overall business?   Answer Question

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Potashcorp (Deerfield, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview started off just speaking about the company. Afterwards, I was able to talk with current team members about their job in customer service. I asked what about what they liked and disliked working with the company, and the culture of where the customer support people were located in the office.

Interview Questions

• Have you had experience communicating with upper management levels?
      Strengths & weaknesses etc.
      1 Answer

Chemical Engineering Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Potashcorp (Gainesville, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Replied to posting through a university advertisement. Pretty simple process in which you e-mail human resources about the position along with an attached resume and cover letter. After this, response was quick and was notified that I would be contacted in the near future to continue the application process. Then had a phone interview with engineers that would be my supervisors.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about phosphoric acid and fertilizer?   Answer Question

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Potashcorp (Baton Rouge, LA) in May 2014.

Interview

I believe I applied online. several days later I received a call from the recruiter and went through the usual rigamaroo before they submitted me to the client. I was told a week or so later that the HR rep would like to schedule a phone screen. I interviewed by phone a week or so later and was very surprised and pleased with his demeanor. In fact, we were on the phone for near and hour and half just "shooting the stuff" so to speak. he flew me in a week or so later. strangely enough, I have seen this type of "good cop, bad cop" interviewing technique and so I asked the recruiter what to expect. also, its been my experience when a company wants you to produce a "presentation" to a panel, they are really just looking for a reason to dissect you.in public. public humiliation training is what I call it. and its not a healthy work culture. just my .02 cents, but I digress. anyway, I asked the recruiter what to expect from the panel. were they pleasant, or a nasty bunch?. his exact words were, "act like you are going to war." he stated the last guy they "let him have it " and it seems he was correct in assessments.
    during the presentation everyone including the HR rep had something to say. I thought the questions would be asked towards the end. nope. not here. don't get me wrong, they were pleasant, but sneaky and underhanded in the manner if you ask me. also, I really didn't get a sense of a "team" ethos here. in fact, later in the interview when I spoke with the engineering manager he even stated "well, the HR manager is the only one on the panel that isn't a chem E..." and this is a "team" environment?! felt like everyone was kind of afraid to speak or be themselves for fear of the same type of treatment I was getting during the presentation. and they continued throughout the interview to ask questions. and they thought they were slick but I knew exactly what was going on.
    I really got a sense that they felt inadequate as a company with all the big wig chemical companies right next door or down the street from the campus. you can tell they are a Canadian company, in their values and mannerisms. very polite, but sneaky. I will say if they offered me a job I would have had to think long and hard.
    on a positive note, they have had the quickest turnaround with reimbursement expenses. so that's a positive.

Interview Questions

• just the under handed comments and questions during the interview   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Springs, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Potashcorp (White Springs, FL) in February 2011.

Interview

I got a call from Aerotech person to drive to site and spoke with Supervisor at Potashcorp Inc. I spoke with Supervisor at Potashcorp Inc. After our interview, the supervisor asked me if I had any questions. I did not have any questions. He told to report to work the next day. I reported to work the next day. I went though the system and started working.