Potawatomi Bingo and Casino Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 28, 2017

2.5

Beverage Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Potawatomi Bingo and Casino (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

On line then interview , easy they hire anyone , can’t keep help much so you’ll get hired , just have customer service behind you and no worries 😉

Interview Questions

• Back ground,drug test , not much   1 Answer

Web Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Potawatomi Bingo and Casino in April 2016.

Interview

I applied through their website. The initial email for an invitation for a phone screen interview came two weeks after I applied. During the interview, the HR person asked questions very specific to technology that is expected to be used and it was kind of a hard interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the specific CSS called to make HTML all uppercase?   Answer Question

Banquet Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Potawatomi Bingo and Casino (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2016.

Interview

It was an easy interview which lasted only a few minutes. She asked if I had experience and that was about it. She didn't say the s***** hours banquets was going to be though. This place isn't that great, if I were you I would work some where else. The summers are the slow season but you can pick up in other departments.

Cage Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Potawatomi Bingo and Casino (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2016.

Interview

very simple math test, followed by a sit down with a manager then a long wait to hear if you were hired, once you are offered the job then the background and drug test.... your hired as long as you tell the truth, even if you were arrested but not convicted. They just want to see if you are a truthful person

Housekeeper/Room Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Potawatomi Bingo and Casino (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process went very smooth and easy. I recieved valuable information about the position, and was told I would hear from them in about 3 to 4 weeks. The guy that intervied me was very easy to talk to and friendly which made the interview very comfortable. He told me what he expects of his employees and that quality is better than quantity.

Interview Questions

• What I could add to there company?   1 Answer

Reservations Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Potawatomi Bingo and Casino in December 2015.

Interview

Very long process. State specifically which days you aren't available to work and reiterate it before a job offer is made. Basic interview with easy questions. The only issue I had was availability which I felt they didn't care about.

Human Resources Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Potawatomi Bingo and Casino.

Interview

HR called to set up an I person interview with me about 2 weeks after I applied. They are very good at communicating the process to you. At the end of my interview they gave me insight on what to expect next, said I should expect to hear from someone in two weeks, which I did. Great first impression!

Interview Questions

• All typical questions. What do you know about our company? Why should we hire you? Give lots of examples of work situations.   Answer Question

Table Games Dealer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Potawatomi Bingo and Casino.

Interview

The casino contacted me for a "group interview" which is really just a conference room of about 30 new-hire candidates going over what the basics of the job are. They'll include wages, hours, what shifts are available for hire & everything else in this presentation. Management will field questions from candidates afterward. The "interview" itself then takes place in a mock training room with several blackjack tables. Dealers from the casino will deal to the candidates a in fun exercise that really is just an opportunity for you to be engaging. You literally DON'T HAVE TO KNOW A THING ABOUT BLACKJACK for this. All you gotta do is be engaged, smile, make eye contact with the workers and you'll be fine.

After a bit the employers will ask you to take a short math test. THIS IS WHERE YOU MUST BE ACCURATE. You won't be allowed to chicken scratch or use calculators because you must demonstrate you're proficient doing math in your head. The test includes addition, subtraction, multiplication of numbers by 1.5, and division. IT'S IMPORTANT TO DOUBLE CHECK YOUR ANSWERS BEFORE YOU SUBMIT IT. Even one question wrong could disqualify you from consideration.

If you pass the math the test, your name will proceed forward into an extremely thorough background check before hiring you. Some weeks later their employee screeners will task you with documenting all of your police encounters, citations, speeding tickets, etc. I had a few underage drinking tickets from back in the day and they were okay with that. Stuff like theft charges might disqualify you. The important thing is to be as completely transparent and honest with them as possible. You won't want to mischaracterize anything you've done, because these guys are pretty much like FBI and they WILL find out anything and everything you've done.

Upon completion of the criminal background check, they'll contact you in about 6 weeks to let you know you've been hired.

The blackjack dealer training class is about 3 1/2 weeks long and it is very, very, very thorough and procedural. Monday-Friday for 8 hours a day. If you've played blackjack and you think got it locked down first day of class because you can add cards up to 21, you're wrong. There's about 40 other procedures you must memorize before you're ready to be on the gaming floor. All of these things are covered extensively by the training staff, however. They will work with you exhaustively if you struggle. Out of my class of 15 candidates, only one did not make it.

Negotiation

Non-negotiable base pay upon first hire. Vast majority of wages are made from tips.

Call Center Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Potawatomi Bingo and Casino (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with two department managers. It was a pretty standard interview process. I received feedback within a couple days after the interview and an offer was made.

Cage Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Potawatomi Bingo and Casino (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2014.

Interview

Fast and smooth process. Interviewer was very polite and professional. The Questions were very easy to answer. The interview took place in a quiet area. One on one.