Potbelly Sandwich Works Shift Lead Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 11, 2017

2.0

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Potbelly Sandwich Works (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Four interviews total. First was with GM, second was with GM of another location, third was with DM, and last was with HR. Very tedious process, and I was never called back. Three weeks of running around for nothing. They have you work for 2 hours for free and call it IJP "In job preview".

Interview Questions

• The same thing over and over. How would you delegate a task to an employee.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Potbelly Sandwich Works

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Potbelly Sandwich Works (East Lansing, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

I was invited to attend an interview after applying online. Near the conclusion of the first interview, I scheduled a second interview. Within a day or two I got a call back inviting me to attend a third interview. I was told at the third interview that I would hear back by the following week. I never heard back, which was very unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Potbelly Sandwich Works (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online through Indeed. I was contacted very shortly after (about thirty minutes later) to set up an interview. Two days later I went in and interviewed with the DM. There were three pages of interview questions. We started by going over my resume and I explained my position at each job and why I left. I also had to explain the gaps in my employment. From there he started on the questions. Have many examples in mind if you are a slow thinker like me! They are basically listening to your answers to see what kind of leadership qualities you have. They didn't not asked the typical sooo tell me about yourself question. I suppose that's because there were so many other detailed questions to answer. Know some history about the company and why you want to work for Potbelly. My first interview went pretty well, but right after he told me there is a two step interview process. So I scheduled another interview with the GM for the following week. I completely bombed that interview. Some of the questions were the same, but a lot were even more detailed. The questions are set up where you have to use the S.T.A.R. method to answer them all. I'd Google that if you don't know what it is. I personally feel I'd be great at the job, but I don't think my true potential came across during my interview. I suggest to sale yourself in your responses whenever you can sneak in your good qualities.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Potbelly Sandwich Works (Portland, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

Pretty simple process. Had 2 interviews, one with the GM (store manager) and then a second one with the DM. Some of the questions were the same, but there were a few that were different. I got a verbal offer the same day as my second interview. I filled out a few pieces of paper and was sent a formal letter, which I had to accept.

Interview Questions

• What does courage mean to you?   Answer Question
    • Have you visited a Potbelly shop? What was your experience like?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where you had an unhappy customer. What was the situation, what did you do, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Potbelly?   Answer Question

Shift Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Potbelly Sandwich Works.

Interview

Got the job right on the spot, got offered shift lead, to end up going to work and being an associate for 7 months now....try to real you in with promises they cant commit.

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Potbelly Sandwich Works (Champaign, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with the district manager and the general manager. It was fairly casual and they offered me the job that day. The questions were very basic interview questions about strengths and weaknesses. Go in with examples of leadership.

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Potbelly Sandwich Works (Champaign, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

Pretty laid-back if hired within the company. I already knew my boss and she knew my work.