Power Costs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Power Costs

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Power Costs (Norman, OK) in July 2020.

Interview

I was contacted by a hiring manager. Had an initial video interview with two of the people on the project. They just went through my resume and asked about my experience, and what I'm currently working on. Once this was over, they said they'd contact me for a final interview. Recruiter reached out for a final interview and said the CTO would call me directly.

I got the phone call and they were all over the place. They would give me a question and I would be as descriptive as possible, but I don't think they were understanding me at all. Once the interview was over, which was about an hour, they said they would contact me whether I got the job or not. Never received a call back, and I reached out to the recruiter, no response.

My suggestion is to never apply here, it was a huge waste of time. Completely disrespectful and discourteous getting back to me. Also they had no idea what they wanted for their project and had no structure.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

I apply through a manager. Then they contact me through email. It is a phone interview. Just interview by phone call, no need through the screen. They said they will contact me in a week. But they didn't.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Power Costs.

Interview

First round interview was a quick phone call then was invited for on site interview. After speaking with recruiter and answering some behavioral questions, recruiter found manager of a team to sit down and speak about the team. Manager asked more questions about resume and then a developer gave a technical question to solve.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Power Costs (Norman, OK) in November 2018.

Interview

It was a waste of time and energy. I was contacted by a recruiter and went through 2 lengthy on-site interviews (2 hours each). The first on-site was technical and it was easy for me: they asked me to spend an hour learning the components of the software that is used within the position and interviewed me for an hour after that to test my knowledge of the software that I just learned.
    The second on-site consisted primarily of situational-focused questions about your experience. Nothing too complicated.
    I spent over 1 week waiting after the 2nd on-site. No update. I followed up with recruiter. Never got a reply. Yes, they ghosted me.
    I got an offer somewhere else so that doesn't bother me that much. But I really hate the way they handle the candidate. And usually interview processes reflect the company itself.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about the software you have learned during the technical task they gave you   1 Answer

Software Engineer() Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Power Costs (New York, NY).

Interview

After submitting an application I was quickly emailed about setting up a phone interview. Later I met with 3 different people, each asking roughly the same questions, the last being CTO.

Interview Questions

• CTO asked me to explain one of my previous programs, no matter how detailed I was, he never seemed to understand.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Power Costs (Norman, OK) in September 2018.

Interview

I was contacted through a recruiter via email asking for a phone interview. Following the phone interview, I was selected for an in person interview. The interview was considered more unstructured, in the sense that it seemed as if it was based more on getting to know the applicant. I never heard back from them regarding an offer.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Power Costs.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and she set up a phone interview on certain day at certain time ... and I was waiting for the phone call... but guess what ? They never called me !! After almost an hour I called her but she didn’t pick up neither she replied to my mail... then I called on the company’s number and told them what had happened... the guy on the help desk put me on hold for 5 mins and then he asked me for my contact details saying we’ll get back to you in sometime and that never happened too ... now look,
     I wasn’t the one who applied for that position their recruiter called me and if they didn’t want me to give interview or whatever the reason was they should have at least told me. I called and mailed not because I was desperate for that job but because they did this horrible thing to me ! Never trust this company if you get interview call or something...

Interview Questions

• At what time will you be available for a telephone interview which is not going to happen, but, we want to waste your time!   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Power Costs.

Interview

I was mostly asked about my previous experience and the technologies mentioned in my resume: SQL, Java etc. PCI is technology centered company and any experience with Java would give an edge to a candidate's profile

Interview Questions

• Write an example of SQL self-join query   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Power Costs.

Interview

I had three total interviews. The first was a phone interview with a recruiter just to talk about the company, then to talk about myself. The second interview was with the head of the team that was interested in taking me on. Basic questions about OOP concepts, as well as any outside projects I'd worked on. Third interview was with the CTO. He asks tough questions that really make you think, but he's very friendly and helps you work through them. I think he really just wants to examine what you do and don't know, as well as your thought process.

Interview Questions

• What types of projects have you worked on outside of school?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Power Costs (Norman, OK) in December 2015.

Interview

With a team of Senior Engineers, basically technical talks to see how one could fit into their culture. Then one to one interview with Directors and VP of development and CTO. People there were super nice. And HR seems doing best to get best talents with their limited resource.

Interview Questions

• Explain the architectures of my past applications and web services?   Answer Question