Power Grid Corporation of India Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Power Grid Corporation of India Interview Questions

Updated Dec 26, 2016

Executive Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Power Grid Corporation of India.

Interview

was for 30 mints ......simple ques were asked question were related to taxation,audit my articleship eperience,powergrid, budget ques,companies act ques..........but all in all basic ques were asked of all the mentioned above

Interview Questions

• what do u knw abt power grid, ratio ques   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Power Grid Corporation of India (New Delhi (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

I was selected through GATE 2016. I applied online when application was announced through their site. A panel consisting of 4 people interviewed. They mainly focussed on your concepts related to power systems.

Interview Questions

• technical questions related to switchgear and protection. Questions about b. tech projects   Answer Question

Negotiation

no it was fixed

Executive Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Power Grid Corporation of India (Mangalore (India)).

Interview

Shortlisted based on CGPA during college placements. Direct interview for the shortlisted candidates. Asked questions regarding major projects, Internships, trainings. Switchgear and protection schemes. Basic electrical engineering concepts. I had done my project on synchronous machine modelling in MATLAB. I was asked for drawing phasor diagram of synchronous motor.

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Power Grid Corporation of India (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

GATE2015->cutoff=rank 170(approx)->GD(1 supervisor)+Interview(5 in panel)-> Medical test
    GD topics totally random. General issues. They tell you to write summary after GD in 3 mins time, which can be tricky. They give a call after about a month after declaration of GATE result and ask you to appear for GD and interview at their corporate office in gurgaon. The whole interview +GD process takes about 4-5 hrs. Youll be free by lunchtime mostly, not as lengthy as some of the other PSUs. Interview duration is also lesser, about 20-25 mins max compared to 45mins for other PSUs. Probably the most organised recruitment process of all PSUs. They strictly follow procedure with no hassles or ambiguity before or after interview .

Interview Questions

• First they ask you background+HR stuff. Then favourite topic/topic you most recently studied.
      Questions:
      1.Construction of tower? Whether made of conductor or insulator and why?
      2.Suspension and tension towers.
      3.Installed capacity and average load in india.
      4.Postive,negative and zero sequence impedance of a line
      5.Smart grid.
      6.Line traps
      7.structure of substations.
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Power Grid Corporation of India (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

First you will be called for Group disc,then Personal Interview HR along with Technical.
    In my panel around 5 to 6 persons were there ,all are good .They started with a personal question and slowly proceed towards chapter (technical) all most all from power systems only.
    The whole interview last for more than 20 minutes

Interview Questions

• about line parameters and power stability curve and What are on going projects of company another 4 to 5 questions   Answer Question

Executive Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Power Grid Corporation of India in August 2014.

Interview

shortlisted based on GATE rank.followed by GD and interview consisting of 5 member panel.
    interview begins with HR questions,they usually ask questions based on your background and help you to feel comfortable before actual technical interview begins.

in technical interview each member ask technical questions.questions will be pretty basic and mostly practical related,they do not expect u to do long derivations or proofs.

Interview Questions

• after joinging company if u get a prize of Rs\10000000, will u leave the job or continue with the job,,? this was the most unexpected question asked.   Answer Question

Executive Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Power Grid Corporation of India (New Delhi (India)) in July 2014.

Interview

The PGCIL shortlists candidates based on GATE test and as thumb rule they call 3 times the vacancy.
    The next phase is Group discussion (GD is easy one can speak freely in Hindi or English.
    ) and finally Personal Interv.iew

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation in salary.
    It is fixed for every E.T.

Executive Trainee (Electrical) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Power Grid Corporation of India (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in June 2014.

Interview

Process started with document verification. Then first nine people were called for GD. HR will explain the process very clearly, we have an option to speak in Hindi/English/both. One in the group should select a chit from ten, which consists of the topics for discussion. After the discussion, every individual will be given some time to write the summary on a paper. After completion of GD, they called for Interview. Interviewers will have the resume filled by the candidates which is submitted during document verification. For me, interview is mostly HR. They ask you a favorite subject, no matter what you say they ask question on power systems.

Interview Questions

• First they asked questions based on my resume
      1. Various kinds of FACTS devices (based on my fav sub)
      2. What are the various things you observe when you walk under a transmission line
      3. Why will you join power grid
      4. Will you go for higher studies (M.tech/MS/civil services)
      Answer Question

Executive Trainee ELECTRICAL Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

Interview

GATE 2014 score was required for initial shortlisting.
    I was interviewed at its HQ in Gurgaon.
    Process took a day.
    Interview started with HR question, family background. Then technical part started.
    4 persons were in panel.

Interview Questions

• Substation Design scheme
      Step and touch potential
      Automatic Generation control
      Answer Question

Electrical & Mechanical Engg Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vadodara (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Power Grid Corporation of India (Vadodara (India)).

Interview

depend on diploma in electrical & mechanical engg. level question.

Interview Questions

• depend on diploma in electrical & mechanical engg. level question.   Answer Question