Power Home Remodeling Field Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Power Home Remodeling Field Marketing Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2016

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Melville, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Very laid back. I was recommended to the job by a friend so the whole interview process went very quickly. Almost too quickly. The whole process took about a week and a half from the first time I contacted the company with my name, email, etc. I had one phone interview followed by two interviews in person. Got the job offer at the end of the second interview.

Interview Questions

• What do I look for in a manager?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Rosemont, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Very short, simple, and easy interview process. Generally they ask questions to figure out your personality. Doesn't ask a lot about your resume, As long s you have excellent interpersonal, communications, problem solving skills you are good. They are vague about the job description They sale you on the free trip to Cancun. Which you have o buy your own ticket and receive $200 back.

Field Marketer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling.

Interview

They respond quickly to job applications but my interviewer was 30 mins late. I had to take a "personality test" before my interview while sports news blasted on a big screen in the waiting room and tons of young guys passed being being pretty loud.

Field Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilton, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Wilton, CT) in August 2015.

Interview

Ok first off understand that this job whether it is advertised as Field Sales or Marketing is a door to door sales job. They wont tell you this upfront but that is exactly what it is. You will contacted by a very happy HR manager who will act like you are the one employee theyve always been looking for and they will conduct a brief 20 minute interview over the phone. Then theyll set up an in person interview with a specific branch. I completed my interview at 9:00 am but since the company works odd hours the Branch Manager was late and didnt show until about 9:15. The questions asked were very generic, "why do you want to work for power?", "tell me about yourself", etc. But the majority of the interview was this manager trying to sell me on the company. Ive never once had an interview where they outline the benefits and perks before the actual job. The company honestly is looking for gullible young people to go do demeaning work for the promise of false riches.

Anonymous Employee in Greenbelt, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Greenbelt, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

hired in one interview and it wasn't too bad they just wanted to know how I would take rejection and the introduction to the world of field marketing, retail, and eventually sales. They asked about my past experiences with sales or marketing and told me about the company culture and were straightforward with me about door to door. It was a great experience in which taught me about the company with the marketing director. Everything was transparent and tehy dont try to hide anything from you. What you see is what you get.

Interview Questions

• how do you handle rejection?   1 Answer

Negotiation

nope

Anonymous Employee in Chester, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Chester, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Very easy process. Very simple questions. As long as you can sell yourself you will be fine. You have to be able to display basic sales skills and build relationships.

Field Marketer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling.

Interview

Initial interview was a brief phone conversation to talk about how I heard about the company, what interested me, and a little about my background. From there set up my first in person interview at the office. Briefly went over my resume then asked if i had any questions. Was invited back for a second interview where they really dig into the details. Pay structure, incentives, company culture, etc. Concluding the interview an offer was made

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling.

Interview

I submitted my resume to Power through Indeed.com and they contacted me the very next day. I set up a time for a brief phone screen which ended in setting up an in person interview a few days later. They have take a personality test upon arriving for the interview. I am told it does not prevent anyone from being offered a job, but there are certain answers they like to see. The interview lasted for over an hour, but was not very difficult. I was offered the field marketer position on the spot. Despite applying for the sales position, I was told they start most people in the marketing role, which I was not aware of until the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They have a base salary with commission and bonuses.

Anonymous Employee in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Stratford, CT).

Interview

Was referred by a field marketer currently in the company. About a week later was contacted by personnel headquarters in the hiring department and made an appointment to come to the satellite office in CT. The interview itself was done by the marketing vp who was a great person as well as salesman. He outlined his plans for me as far as pointing out timelines when I should be promoted to higher positions and detailed a specific plan he had for me. The interview process overall was fluid and precise, thus making my transition from leaving another job easier.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?   1 Answer

Field Marketing Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling in August 2014.

Interview

Good interview process. Didn't feel overly pressured or intimidated. As long as you be yourself and present your strengths and interests in a professional manner, you will be ok.

Interview Questions

I wanted to keep other job prospects open