Power Home Remodeling Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Power Home Remodeling Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2017

2.3

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call the next morning. The lady sounded nice and wanted to know more about my previous employment. My previous experience happened to be a very unique situation so I highlighted the significant points that made it so. The interviewer then informed me of the next steps and added that I would be getting a call from them within 48 hours.

So I waited and on the third day, no calls. I called the interviewer on the third day, no answer. I tried following up several more times after that 1-2x a week for 3 weeks, even calling the headquarters in PA. Apparently there is only one recruiter/interviewer in Texas and she handles all of TX.

Well, it's been almost a month now and still haven't heard back. I find it very unprofessional and honestly, quite disappointing. I had such high hopes for a company who was dubbed by Fortune Mag that they were one of the the best companies to work for. Oh well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Irving, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. No curve balls, just talked about past experience and why I wanted to work there. Interviewer went into detail about what the particular job entails and all of the perks of working at Power (great culture/workplace, great potential, good benefits, company trip).

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Power?   1 Answer

Field Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Denver, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

Now that it is apparent that I will not get the job, here it goes. So I did a phone interview with Patrick in Pennsylvania. That went excellent. He set me up for an interview at the Denver office. The "interview" at the Denver office consisted of about 3 questions from my past, none of which allowed me to sell myself to the interviewer. It was more about having me watch 2-3 videos about how wonderful it would be at Power. Here's the thing. It seemed that everyone who works at power was a chiseled 9-10, fresh out of a Barbie box, and that's not how I look. Not only that but I already had 3 other companies have me watch a series of videos only to then ask me for an "investment" to proceed. So it's my fault that my attitude changed once we got to the 2nd or 3rd video, as I was really expecting the next video to tell me how much it would cost to join Power. There are lots of scams out there that advertise themselves as "jobs". In retrospect, I don't think Power was a scam, but I wasn't offered a job

Interview Questions

• Of the few questions I was asked, one of them was how much did I want to make?   1 Answer
    • After I told him the amount, he asked me if I could see myself making $100-120k my first year!   Answer Question
    • The third and last question was to tell him about my sales experience at "the first co on my resume" which I am in a lawsuit with.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Woodbridge, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

There are three steps. Initial phone call, interview with a low level manager, and interview with VP of marketing. I interviewed at the MD location. I was given a start date at the end of the third interview, then nothing. No phone calls, no emails. I left numerous voicemails with zero answer. My issue: if you don't want a candidate that's fine, but have the professionalism to let them know. This isn't high school.

Interview Questions

• Generic, dull, questions they probably pulled off yahoo answers.   1 Answer

Extremely unprofessional. If you're college educated run FAR away. This is a glorified frat house with children pretending to be managers.

Entry Level Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Went to three interviews that were all very laid back. The first one being a phone interview. The second you are invited in and then they have you fill out a personality survey and have a brief chat with you. The third you finally find out what the job entails, which is door to door sales job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by their recruiting department. Had two in person interviews and then a phone interview.
    Round one was phone screen with recruiter.
    Round two in person with manager - a get to know you session.
    Round three you go over details of position and are asked a few standard interview questions. They play a heavy importance on being able to commit to the training to be successful in the field.
    Round four phone few final questions about the interview process and either an offer or nice to meet you.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in sales?
      Why would you be successful at PHRG?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

Was referred by a family friend. Waited for a call from an employer in NJ. Unannounced and unplanned phone interview. The employer didn't sound interested in what I had to say and his questioning was melancholy in his tone. He told me that he'll refer me to the higher up but never got a call back. Not a pleasant experience dealing with this employer.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect to learn or gain from this company?   1 Answer

Entry Level Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Chester, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

After applying online I got a call from a representative who asked me a few questions about my current situation and gave me a brief overview of the company. I scheduled an interview for the next week. The interview started with a short personality quiz and then I met with Ilysa Raphael for the face-to-face portion. It lasted about 45 minutes and was focused mainly on my resume and personality. I was told that the next stage interview would be geared towards the job itself while this one was more casual.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Was asked to interview for a sales role and when I got there I was told I was interview for a marketing position, which is basically door to door appointment setting.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about door to door sales?   1 Answer

Marketing/Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenbelt, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Greenbelt, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

Personality test, lots of listening to a big company history and sales pitch, accompanied by a lot of big numbers and goals that seemed completely unattainable personally. The "Co-VP" that interviewed me checked his phone no fewer than 10 times during the process of the interview, which lasted more than 2.5 hours, which struck me as extremely unprofessional. Thankfully they didn't extend this process into two interviews, as I was offered the job abruptly at the end of the first interview process, which I was told does not happen very often. Seems too much like a scripted interview which probably closely follows the scripted door-to-door sales approach they follow in the actual business practices once you graduate from a dismal week to week salary. Overall, I would say that the best fit for this company is someone who is completely comfortable with walking up to doors on a day to day basis for 6+ hours a day and attempting to sign unsuspecting homeowners up for free estimates in a fashion that is conducive to a high failure rate just to net a $200 commission.