Power Home Remodeling Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 3, 2017

2.3

82 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Tampa, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

So it starts out with a quick 10 min phone interview with a recruiter asking you basic questions and telling you about the company. Then they ask you to come in for a second face to face interview with the vp of that department. It was an easy interview basic interview questions. This interview lasts about an hour. If they like you, you will then be asked back for a third interview which is about an hour as well but is more of them telling you about the job. At the end of the interview they will offer the job. Overall pretty easy interview process.

I declined because essentially it is door-to-door sales and i hate that and the hours are 11-7 which might work for some but were not attractive for my life. Also the base is $1000 bi weekly with compensation and the compensation is super confusing.

Interview Questions

• If your last boss were to say what your weakness would be what do you think he/she would say?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Wilton, CT) in October 2017.

Interview

Initial phone call from corporate recruiter, follow by the same day face to face with VP of sales for round one interview, followed by a second interview about an hour and half long.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

I received a call the day before in the morning, missed the call and then called back numerous times that day to reschedule.

Finally the next day I was called back. The interview was maybe 10 min. long. It consisted a few questions about me and then an info dump about the company.

I then was informed that the training was paid for, and then you're straight commission. I was under the impression that it's salary and commission like the description states.

I declined because of that but also because the interviewer didn't seem to be interested in me and what I'm about, more about the company, and "how great they are."

I felt as though the job description was always changing when he discussed the position, and that was a huge red flag.

Great start for someone just getting into sales, and college students.

Interview Questions

• Are you actively looking for work, and have you applied other places?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Interview

Interview was very brief. There's a 3 step interview process where you initially meet one of the managers of the company. The first step is just getting to know you and what you're trying to do. Nothing intense. Very laid back interview style

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Norcross, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

Very basic two interview process, I was one of the two hired out of about 8 or 9 individual applicants, the first interview was a hour long preliminary interview with the general questions pertaining to why you would suit the company and its vision. I interviewed with the manager of marketing, he was a great guy and made me feel very comfortable. Their was a questionnaire at the beginning of the process, take it serious, it is a determination of weather you will get a second interview or not as so will the quality of your first interview. I am naturally good at interviewing, i have never interviewed for a job i have not gotten, might have something to do with me being highly extroverted but thats just me. When i got the job i was told that stature and confidence was a big determinate so sit tall and and display confidence, anyways how can you sell their products when you cant even sell you-self. all together stand stall, confident, and cool and if you have the right stuff (background, credentials, and their i'm the best attitude) your solid.

P.S . the interview is business professional AKA a full suit, you HAVE to own a sit to get this interview and nail it, NOT EVEN JOKING. i dropped 900 dollars on suits before i even got the job but if you get the job you will wear them while at work often so its well worth it.

Interview Questions

• what should i think about you while i'm interviewing the other candidates.   1 Answer
    • why are your right for power?   1 Answer
    • how much do you see yourself making a power the first year?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Iselin, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Iselin, NJ).

Interview

Very in depth to see your personality and a fit for the company. But also asked different scenario situations to really see who you truely are and how you carry yourself.

Interview Questions

• What drives you? What makes you want to be successfull?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Southfield, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

This place doesn't prefer women with children. They have the receptionist/ office manager nicely grill you of your where abouts where are you going when you leave here? Do you have another job? ask you if you have any children? just to see if you would be a great fit for their company before the Vice President can me in to sit with you

Interview Questions

• Not very many questions they just want to know if you have a life/children outside of their establishment?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Chester, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied in mid April and had a phone interview a week later. They said they will give me a call back to schedule an in person interview, didn't hear from them for a month after following up several times leaving voicemail's and emails. Randomly I get another call late June with another phone interview and an Invitation to come in for an interview. I arrived early for the interview but it took them until a half hour after the interview was scheduled to speak with me. The interview was just getting to know me and finding out personality and background that your resume doesn't say they then proceed to tell you all about the business and every angle of the business. I was called back for a second interview with a different person who was far less pleasant of a person. They had me shadow someone on their call center floor for what was supposed to be 45 minutes but they may have forgot i was there and i ended up being there for nearly two hours. This interview started at 4 and I didn't leave until 7. I was told I would be called within 2 days to find out if they would give me an offer. They emailed me a week later saying they were pursuing other options.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call the next morning. The lady sounded nice and wanted to know more about my previous employment. My previous experience happened to be a very unique situation so I highlighted the significant points that made it so. The interviewer then informed me of the next steps and added that I would be getting a call from them within 48 hours.

So I waited and on the third day, no calls. I called the interviewer on the third day, no answer. I tried following up several more times after that 1-2x a week for 3 weeks, even calling the headquarters in PA. Apparently there is only one recruiter/interviewer in Texas and she handles all of TX.

Well, it's been almost a month now and still haven't heard back. I find it very unprofessional and honestly, quite disappointing. I had such high hopes for a company who was dubbed by Fortune Mag that they were one of the the best companies to work for. Oh well.

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Southfield, MI) in May 2017.

Interview

Three interviews: initial for personality tests, second and third to figure out if its a benefiticial mutual fit. I was told about the specifics of the position during the third interview, but hearing that "it was harder to get into Harvard than to get hired at Power Home Remodeling" immediately put a bad taste in my mouth.