Power Home Remodeling Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017

2.3

Various Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Chester, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Power seems like a really promising opportunity. Everyone you meet with appears genuinely authentic, sweet, excited to have you. I applied for a position and did not make the cut in the last round of interviews (third interview), but received a call from my recruiter that I was being considered for other roles. After about 6 interviews, a meeting with the CEO total and a verbal job offer, I have encountered nothing but radio silence for 2 months. Unsure how to feel about this company - I'm of the opinion that they are young and eager but rather disorganized and often unable to follow through.

Interview Questions

• what motivates you, what kind of management do you work best with, etc etc. Really simple, no curveballs.   Answer Question

Remodeling Consultant/Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenbelt, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Greenbelt, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview . Took a couple of days to hear from from the HR Team after phone interview. Was called in for 1st interview . Met with VP of marketing if the area. Went very well . The people was very nice. I got invited in for a second interview 2 days later. More about the position and told me I'll have to start out in Marketing which is door to door sale pretty much . Caught me off guard but didn't scare me at all.
    Really expressed they looking for people they can move up within company . Massive growth.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Woodbridge, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

There are three steps. Initial phone call, interview with a low level manager, and interview with VP of marketing. I interviewed at the MD location. I was given a start date at the end of the third interview, then nothing. No phone calls, no emails. I left numerous voicemails with zero answer. My issue: if you don't want a candidate that's fine, but have the professionalism to let them know. This isn't high school.

Interview Questions

• Generic, dull, questions they probably pulled off yahoo answers.   1 Answer

Extremely unprofessional. If you're college educated run FAR away. This is a glorified frat house with children pretending to be managers.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chester, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Chester, PA).

Interview

I met with the recruiter first, as well as the person in my current role. I met with my manager as well as the Founder on my second interview. The whole process was three interviews, each of which had purpose.

Interview Questions

• How would you enhance this role if you were hired?   1 Answer

Entry Level Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Went to three interviews that were all very laid back. The first one being a phone interview. The second you are invited in and then they have you fill out a personality survey and have a brief chat with you. The third you finally find out what the job entails, which is door to door sales job.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fun and got me excited about the job. I was asked some questions and got to see some presentation on the company and fun events that they host and provide

Interview Questions

• The interview was more similar to a discussion about myself and the company than an interview   1 Answer

Remodeling Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

Required a phone interview, sales aptitude test, and two in person interviews. The in person interviews are essentially sales pitches for the company. EVERYTHING at Power is a script including the interview process. Word for word.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle an irregular schedule   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Detroit, MI).

Interview

It starts with a phone interview. It is very different than your typical phone interview, more of an opportunity for the office recruiter to get to know you. It is also a time to hear about the company and about the positions available. After that you will be invited for an in person interview with the RVP. After that if you impress you may be invited for a second interview and then a potential job offer. Then you begin training soon after that.

Remodeling Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Rosemont, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screen with a recruiter, lasted about 30 minutes with mostly behavioral questions and about work history. After that, set up an interview in their office with the Regional VP of Marketing. Fairly casual, he asked a lot of questions about my background, situational questions, behavioral, etc. Also talked about the role, why they have been successful, and the company in general. After that, was invited for a follow up interview in office, where they could answer any question I had about the company and/or position.

Interview Questions

Partly declined due to the pay structure being commission based - it is set up well so that the reps can do extremely well, but it is just different. Also the nature of the job would require working nights and weekends, and I was looking for something more structured.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Denver, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

The process was very laid back. I felt comfortable and welcomed in the interview. I could sense a good energy in the office almost immediately. My interviewer was I guy I could see myself working for.

Interview Questions

• Are you prepared to knock on homeowner's doors and generate appointments in order to make sales?   1 Answer