Power Home Remodeling Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 14, 2017

2.5

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

A recruiter called me from their company. First interview went well. The position seemed to match everything that the woman had told me. They called me in for a second one after that. They then completely changed the position being offered. I was promised hot leads and that I would just be a "closer" on preset appointments. Upon the second interview they wanted me to do door to door sales setting appointments for 3 months as "training ". Beware if you interview and make sure You verify everything on your first visit.
On the plus side everybody there was really nice.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Power Home Remodeling

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Waltham, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a great interview that had questions that really showed the values that the company had. They seemed to show a real interest in how you are as a person and really wanted to make sure that you would be a right fit for the culture that the company had.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling in October 2016.

Interview

the process sarts off with a phone interview, then one on one interview proving you can have a conversation for an hour . then you are told you will have second interview

Sales Interview

Interview

They have the rudest security people working in their building. Bring your id with you. I wasn't very fond of the personality quiz in the reception area. It was like something a 17 year old girl would fill out in a teen magazine. I was interviewed by VP of Marketing. It was awkward. He didn't once ask me about my past experience and went on a twenty minute rant about how great the company was. Anyways, they didn't even bother to personally notify me about the job after either way. However, they did update the candidate portal like an hour after to say it was declined. Harsh way to find out. I'm surprised for such a "professional" company. I'm assuming it is because I'm a female. It's all guys there walking into the office.

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Waltham, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

All they do is sell you on the job. They make it seem like you will make great money right out the gates however most people need close to $10,000 saved up to comfortably get by the first few months before you get the hang of the sales role if you do at all.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

It was friendly and very transparent. It was more conversational than anything. We talked about what my goals where and we also talked about the job. We also talked about the hard parts of the job and if I was willing to take on those challenges.

Anonymous Employee in Brookhaven, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Brookhaven, PA) in March 2009.

Interview

refreshing.
    they actually cared what i had to say

Interview Questions

• where do i see myself in 3 years   1 Answer
    • what do yo think you can contribute to the business   1 Answer

Negotiation

100% commission

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling in June 2010.

Interview

I've been in sales a long time. I did my research on this company prior to my interview. Checked bbb and the web for info. I was prepared and ready with questions to ask. First I was given the personality test. The dopey most like you least like you questions. Can't believe companies actually use this as a barometer. I then met with the mgr. Looked like he hadnt shaved in about 3 days. He began by telling me a little about the company. Gave me an inaccurate founding date.
    Cmon dude- you're from corporate and you don't know the date? Then he gave me last yrs sales numbers- again different from whats on their website? Cmon dude- do i look that stupid. So at this point he has absolutely NO credibility. Like the other poster said i was asked- what do you for fun? what are your goals yadayada. He couldn't give me an answer a basic question. So after i asked how long does a typical sale take and he tells me 2-5 hrs, I say to myself- my time is valuable I don't care what your selling, but if you cant seal a deal in say 2 hrs, I'm done. Says to me they have a script- They don't let the customer off the hook. Gave me an estimate of 40% closing to lead ratio, tells me i can make app 85-115k my first year and i said to myself- at best its prob 20%, and i bet a nickel I don't see 60k. Then I was told I would have to come back 2 more times before they would make an offer. Also told me there is low turnover- might be right from an administrative/support level bet i am pretty confident they go through a lot of salespeople.

Interview Questions

• the personality test- 28 questions that in some cases left me shaking my head as to which one i was least like- kind, honest,supportive, engaged   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling in January 2010.

Interview

I was called in for an interview the very next day after I submitted my resume online. When I arrived, they had football playing in their waiting room. I observed that they called their female receptionist a variety of "pet-names"- however, she did not seem to mind. I was called into the room where the interview was to be held and I waited there alone for a bit. Two men entered the room; one was silent and merely observed while the other stressed to me the importance of "family" in this company. When I attempted to ask questions about the position itself, they said they didn't talk about that in a first interview.

Interview Questions

• How much money did you make last year?   1 Answer
    • What do you like to do for fun?   1 Answer