Pratt & Whitney Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017

2.6

Mechanical Systems Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pratt & Whitney Canada (East Hartford, CT) in March 2008.

Interview

Interview Questions

• No Questions asked, just called and offered me the position.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longueuil, QC (Canada)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pratt & Whitney Canada (Longueuil, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Excellent experience. Nice people. 3 interviews. Up to CIO. Not complicated. Medical exam required. Interesting benefits. A bit located far from he city. That's why I had to refuse the offer as I got another more paying job to work from home.

Interview Questions

Interview

Smooth, very smooth, be prepared to respond in both english and french (if applying in the region of Montreal.). Know the company products, how they work, be prepared to be confronted with an turboprop cross-section.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pratt & Whitney Canada.

Interview

I had a 1:1 interview where the person checked my Resumé. Did not ask many questions. Looked like she was not interested. Asked general questions related to the position and explained the main tasks. She was really easygoing. The interview took 15 minutes

Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longueuil, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pratt & Whitney Canada (Longueuil, QC (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

I was called for an on-site interview with two people. Interview was very standard with the usual interview questions. They also wanted to know what I had worked on previously and what would be my ideal job. They were trying to see if I was a good fit for the company. They offered me a job after a week (1 year contract).

Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Longueuil, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pratt & Whitney Canada (Longueuil, QC (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

I walked into a big conference room with my would be supervisor and the current intern. They alternated asking me questions about my resume, cover letter and about why I would be an ideal candidate for the job.

Sales and Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pratt & Whitney Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a coop interview at my university. The manager came on campus to interview a bunch of students that day. My interview was in the afternoon and the manager seemed extremely uninterested in what I had to say. The questions were not very professional and they barely asked about my skills or knowledge on the subject matter. Halfway through the interview the manage interrupted me to send an email to his boss (which he could have waited for). I didn't feel welcomed during the process, although it was an easy interview.

Interview Questions

• What does happiness mean to you?
      What are your weaknesses?
      What is your biggest failure?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Answer Question

Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pratt & Whitney Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

No technical skills. Interview was all about you (as the candidate).The supervisor is looking for a solid partner thus, be ready to talk about yourself, your accomplishments and your resume. Focus on the "why do you do this?". Easy interview but I didn't feel welcomed during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Customer First Centre Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pratt & Whitney Canada.

Interview

No technical questions, only questions about yourself and how you provide customer service. The guy is super super nice the whole department is super friendly just have a great personality and you shall get the job. B e honest with your answers because they see right through it

Interview Questions

• Tell me who is <Insert your name here>?   1 Answer

Assembly & Testing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ryerson University, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pratt & Whitney Canada (Ryerson University, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

More like an 1 hr exam. Highly technical, considering it is an internship. The interview kicked off with analysis of a turbofan engine drawing and identifying parts. Then it progressed on to questions on dynamics (analysis of a vibrating bug). Then few questions on basic thermodynamics and statistics. There were just a couple behavioral questions at the end and few housekeeping questions to close it off.

Interview Questions

• What happens to the engine shaft axially and radially due to the rise in temperature.   1 Answer