Pratt & Whitney Interview Questions in Connecticut | Glassdoor

2.7

89 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Quality Assurance Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Hartford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pratt & Whitney (East Hartford, CT) in May 2017.

Interview

I was called a month after i had applied and was invited for an interview that took place on East Hartford. Very friendly and very informative people serve me. I was interviewed by one of the supervisor, the supervisor i was interviewed by informed me about the job and the company also, about the importance of quality inspection. We went over my resume and chitchat for a little. I was told i was going to be called within a couple of weeks. I am still waiting for the call.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Pratt & Whitney (Hartford, CT) in April 2017.

Interview

Was contacted directly by the hiring manager. Good start. Had a strong (phone) conversation and they said they'd get back to me after they interviewed a few more candidates. Within a week, HR contacted me and said the hiring manager wanted to bring me in for a panel interview. They gave me some dates and I verified my availability. I reached out a week later after hearing nothing ...

Well, here we are 4 weeks later. With SIX unanswered emails/vmails to HR and the hiring manager.

Unacceptable and unprofessional. I'm glad I learned this now before going to work for such an organization.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous experiences that will best show your ability to succeed in this position.   Answer Question

Senior Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pratt & Whitney (Hartford, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

Awesome "super day" the whole process was amazing, logistic and welcome personnel did a great job, I had the opportunity to interact with some other collegues which gave me a different points of view of the company

Interview Questions

• Everything lol, my background and interpersonal skills   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pratt & Whitney (Hartford, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

Very casual. I spoke to my supervisor and not someone in HR. Happy, positive mood. Made some chit chat about my school's football team and other stuff. Then asked why I'm interested in Pratt and Whitney, why I think I'm qualified for the position, and some design team stuff I had on my resume.

Coatings Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pratt & Whitney (East Hartford, CT) in February 2017.

Interview

I initially was called about a month after applying and was asked to come in for an interview. I attended one of their Super Day events and met with one interviewer, everything went very smoothly. A couple days later I was asked for a second interview with a couple of the supervisors. Great experience, laid back and very informative about the job. About 45 minutes later a HR representative came down and offered me the job. Overall a great experience!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No need for negotiation. Very pleased with offer.

Associate Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pratt & Whitney (Hartford, CT) in January 2017.

Interview

Attended an interest session in September 2016 at my University and interviewed on-campus. Didn't hear back for that particular interview, but was contacted again in December 2016 for a phone screen, and was invited to an on-site Superday in January 2017. It was held in the P&W Hangar Museum, and there were three interviews in a round-robin style (~45 min each). I actually applied to a Structures position, but was also set up for an interview with a Design manager since they felt I would fit better, and ended up being offered a design position about 2 weeks later.

Standard behavioral questions, didn't get any technical questions since I had already elaborated in my prior interview.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your leadership experience and how it makes you a good fit for this position.   Answer Question

Procurement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hartford, CT

Interview

I was invited to super day and had to take ful day off, multiple interviews with people in a 3 hr session. I was told I would hear back but no one has contacted me since, Tried to contact HR, was redirected through operator to Global support which they could not help me.

Interview Questions

• Situation questions with prior work experience.   1 Answer

Thermal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pratt & Whitney (Hartford, CT).

Interview

Four back-to-back interviews. First with an engineer from the team I would be joining. The next two were technical fellows. The last was an executive that oversees the department I would be joining.

Associate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Hartford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pratt & Whitney (East Hartford, CT) in December 2016.

Interview

Behavioral questions, talk about your resume. 3 different interviews, one of them with two employees. Employees were in positions for which you are being considered. Review some material related to position youre looking for, it impresses them.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral, How would you approach a teammate who is not controbuting his part?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pratt & Whitney (Hartford, CT) in December 2016.

Interview

They have a Super Day and interview several candidates. Breakfast at 7:30 am followed by a business overview/history. Then a candidate has three 45 minute - 1 hour interviews until 11:30 am. Everyone reassembles, they review the reimbursement process and then say goodbye.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you lead a project and had difficulties?   Answer Question