Praxair Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Praxair Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Feb 12, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburg, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Praxair (Pittsburg, CA).

Interview

Received a phone call from the Talent Acquisition Member of Praxair regarding a position I applied to about a few weeks back. Scheduled an in-person interview. I had gone to the plant in Pittsburg, CA and the first few people I had interacted with seemed rude with no professional behavior. However, I let that pass by. When I got inside the isolated office, I had to wait 20+ minutes for the interviewers only because they were too busy have cake for someone's retirement party. Talk about unprofessionalism and lack of respect for one's time. I was going to walk away within the next 5 minutes when the interviewers had called me in. The interview was OK in the sense that I was told to explain my interest, my background in more detail and then was given a brief tour of the facility. A third person later joined the interview and asked me chemistry related questions which I got right. I was told that I made the short list and that they get back to me 2 weeks later. Well, after writing thank you e-mails that I got no response from (no problem IMHO), I waited 3 weeks until I finally tried to get back in touch with the Praxair Talent Acquisition Member and even re-wrote e-mails to the managers expressing my interest. I was told by the Talent Acquisition personnel that the position was "on hold" and that they won't be filling this position. Talk about an extremely poor interview process.

Interview Questions

• Explain the process of gas characterization through GC and/or ICMS to meet customer demands?
    What is FIFO? Write down the combustion reaction of a hydrocarbon?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Praxair

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Praxair.

Interview

Very laid back team and friendly staff. Interview was a good mix between technical engineering related questions, personal questions and experience related questions. Overall a very pleasant interview process, the HR team is very responsive and accepting of any questions you may have. Seems like an excellent company to work for.

Interview Questions

• what is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tonawanda, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Praxair (Tonawanda, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process for me as well as other interns was very easy. Our potentially future managers called us over the phone and gave us a 5-10 minute phone interview. Questions that were asked were very basic and simple, regarding our past experience and comfort level with much of the major topic that the specific work you may be doing covers. Very basic phone interview, nothing to worry about. I did however hear about a few interns who had to come in for a face to face interview, not sure how that went but everyone here is so friendly Im sure it wasn't bad at all!

Interview Questions

• Do you know how the cryogenic air separation process works?   2 Answers

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Praxair (Buffalo, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter at a career fair and was signed up for a interview on the spot, interview was scheduled a week after career fair. Interview was about 45 min long with the original recruiter i met representing the mechanical side and an additional interviewer representing the chemical side. Interview was both behavior and technical, the behavioral was standard, nothing unexpected or challenging. The technical was very challenging, I was asked to read graphs, explain flow charts even recite equations and troubleshoot a potential problem.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult aspect of this interview was that i was never told the actual position (and responsibilities) i was interviewing for. I asked several times for more information and was simply told it was a general engineering position and the responsibilities were vague. However when interviewed almost all the technical questions were geared toward a equipment engineering position. All the questions focused on being able to size and choose the correct equipment for a situation, such as sizing a heat exchanger or compressor or choosing the correct type equipement for a given application. Had I known this i would have prepared for the interview much differently.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Praxair (Houston, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

Applied online and received an e-mail to schedule the phone interview. I thought the interview would be a real interview with the hiring manager. However, it was not. Some person on the phone just asked me behavoral questions and typed up my answers. The whole process took 1-2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Can't recall, but one question was "Tell me about a time you had to do something outside your responsibilities. What did you do?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Praxair (The Woodlands, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

Panel interview that was focused on the interviewee than what the company was offering. A presentation of project experience was required. This presentation was requested with adaquate time to prepare prior to interview.

Interview Questions

• How was the communications between the applications interfaced?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Minimal negotiations occurred.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tonawanda, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Praxair (Tonawanda, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

on campus interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Praxair (Houston, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

Company tests your knowledge of engineering fundamentals. Behavioral skills matter for engineers

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tonawanda, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Praxair (Tonawanda, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

process started with a phone interview, followed by a full day of interviews. Two 1-1 interviews, then a presentation, then more 1-1 interviews. Very organized agenda. People very knowledgeable.

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Praxair in March 2012.

Interview

simple process, can not remeber