Praxair Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 5, 2018

2.9

Commissioning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tonawanda, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Praxair (Tonawanda, NY).

Interview

Applied online. Resume reviewed by HR in Tonawanda, NY. Telephone interview with couple of managers followed. Then was asked to come in for a face to face interview at the office. Interviewed with several engineering managers over a period of 5 hours. Final interview with HR. Got the job!

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions are tricky. Be consistent in your answers. Situation given and was asked what would you do if you were to take a decision and why.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate pretty good since I already had a job offer from another company. Take advantage of multiple job offers and ask for "sign on bonus" and relocation package.

Planner Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Praxair in March 2017.

Interview

We had a simple over the phone interview then I was brought in and interviewed by the GM. After the interview with the GM I was brought back in and interviewed with the GM again and another manager. It was a very simply generic interview process, nothing to crazy.

Interview Questions

• What do you do to ma manage your time?   1 Answer

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Praxair (Danbury, CT).

Interview

Took over 3 months and I had already written off them company as a potential employer when the call came. IT was least expected. Drove up, met with staff and went back twice for on site interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was straight forward. But they go through an in depth hiring process.

Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cahokia, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Praxair (Cahokia, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

Interviewed in Cahokia with three people and one on the phone. I was told if you are what we are looking we will call you. Got a call about 5 weeks later and invited back for a 2nd. interview. This interview went really well, I thought, they told be what the salary would be and that I would be going to Chicago for a month of training. I was then told by the plant manager that I would be contacted in a couple of days with their decision. I was contacted later that afternoon by the plant manager in Chicago who said that she wanted to set up a phone interview with me for the next day. This phone interview lasted about 45 min. I then got a call from HR asking me to fly to Chicago in two days to tour the plant that I would be training in. I spent the day in Chicago and every thing went well,I thought! They flew me back home and I did not hear anything for about three weeks so I called the plant in Cahokia and was told by the plant manager that everything was still looking good and that it was now in his bosses hands. I then contacted them again about two weeks later and was told by the plant manager in Cahokia that the girls in Chicago did not think that I had the leadership qualities it took to run the lab. I contacted the HR person in Chicago and she said that Cahokia had sent two people up that week and she thought I did fine with the interview but who they hired was up to them. Have not heard anything since and the job has reposted on the Praxair web site

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate if needed.   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Praxair (Houston, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

Called for a first interview, then called for a second, some additional forms to fill out for HR and I was hired.

Negotiation

None.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Praxair (Torrance, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Called in for an interview, only the one lab manager was available as opposed to the two that the previous applicant received (he was just walking out as I walked in). I was asked to go through my resume, asked standard questions, and then given a short walk around of the testing and filling stations. I asked a few questions and it seemed to go reasonably well.

Clerical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trevose, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Praxair (Trevose, PA) in June 2013.

Interview

It was a very pleasant interview with the worker. Being that it is a government paid nonprofit organization, the overall process took a lot of running around getting paperwork together. I did not like the fact that I had to get a statement from my neighbor, as i am very new to the neighborhood

New Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Praxair (Bethlehem, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by recruiter with basic questions (it was quickly evident that my resume essentially read like the job description). Follow up by hiring manager with positive outcome, date to be set up to be interviewed in Headquarters. On next call was told that there had been a mistake and that someone else who they did into think was going to take their job did. I smelled ageism just by the way the hiring manager stumbled and tried to give me the new story. It was not convincing in the least.

Interview Questions

• Give an explanation of a typical day as a business development engineer.   1 Answer
    • What sorts of value added approaches would you present to potential customers?   1 Answer
    • How much travel do you envision this job requiring?   1 Answer

Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hahnville, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Praxair (Hahnville, LA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very nice and friendly people who did the interview. I found that they really cared about the safety of their employees and the leadership support towards it, as they really focused their interview on it by asking for many different answers to different scenario.

Operator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Praxair in March 2013.

Interview

Pretty easy interview. Asked the basic questions. Work history and previous salary. Asked if I was able to work off shift and weekends. Told me there was a drug screen. Pretty friendly people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time where you had a disagreement with a co worker   1 Answer