Praxair Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 4, 2017

2.9

Health & Safety Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Praxair (North Haven, CT) in September 2017.

Interview

There was 2 phone screens and then an in plant interview with a panel: Tried contacting for feed back 3 weeks later, no one to answer questions. I put a lot of time in for these interviews and they could be professional and let you know either way.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my skills   1 Answer

R & D Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Praxair.

Interview

Got an on-campus interview after job fair. The interviewer was friendly and encouraging, and the questions were 90% about my research experience. I was under the impression of being a good match, and tried to follow up after the interview but didn't get any response ever.

Web Applications Developer Interview

Interview

I had applied for a position at Praxair sometime in June 2017. I was contacted by the recruiter and I later gave the recruiter my available date and times for an interview with the hiring manager.

The exact date of the scheduled interview was never confirmed with me by the recruiter and I suddenly received a call on June 28 from the hiring manager. Obviously I had to request that the interview be rescheduled because the date and time was not confirmed with me. The hiring manager agreed to that as well.

Since that day June 28, 2017 I am constantly following up with the recruiter for a date when I can reschedule the interview as asked by the hiring manager. She suggested some date and times and I even gave the recruiter a schedule from those suggested by her. After that I even took a half day from work assuming I would be receiving a call from the hiring manager but to no avail.

There has been absolutely no communication from the recruiter in this matter and I am aimlessly following up every week.

Praxair is a great corporation that I was excited to be interviewing with and with hopes of being a prospective employee. I am thoroughly disappointed at the way this process is being conducted and this leaves a negative impact.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Praxair (Lancaster, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied for job, heard from the hiring District manager within two weeks of applying. Had a 10 minute phone conversation with a few questions about safety and my background. Was called for a in person interview two weeks after that. At the in person interview, I was asked about my sales back ground and if I was a welder, or had any knowledge of the welding industry. Spent 45 minutes in the interview, that became more about the companies lack of a training program and that they had no internal way to cross train current employees to move into other roles. I asked about how I would learn the position and was told I would be handed the keys to the building and basically had to figure it out, and would have to have the counter sales associate fill me in. I was told the career path and given a tour of the location. I left the interview with a distinct felling that I was very over qualified for the job they were hiring for, and my lack of being a trained welder would be the deciding reason I would be passed on. They were not looking for a manager candidate, they wanted a salesperson that could do some paperwork. Two weeks later I received a phone call asking my salary at my current employer, after that I have not received any contact since. It has been a month and I am sure that they passed on me due to being over qualified as a manager, and to high of a current salary.

Interview Questions

• Are you an experienced welder? (This was more important that my manager skills.)   Answer Question

Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tonawanda, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Praxair (Tonawanda, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call for a phone interview and then had the on-site interview a few weeks later. The hiring manager was really friendly and encouraging and the panel of interviewers were really friendly.

Desktop Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Praxair (Danbury, CT) in June 2017.

Interview

A telephone interview where I was asked how I would handle certain situations which would come up in a day. They wanted to know my current salary and said would be in touch one way or another in the next two weeks. I did not receive any email or phone call after that. I understand that I was not their candidate of choice, but Praxair should show some professionalism and send an email at least, especially after saying they would get back to me.

Interview Questions

• How do you respond when three people come up to you at once and need your help.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danbury, CT

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Praxair (Danbury, CT).

Interview

If I knew what kind of wasted energy and time I would devote to the interview process then I would have declined their invitations. I was contacted by their internal recruiter and the entire process from beginning to end was pointless. I had 2-3 phone interviews before asked to visit their office. At the over 4-hour in-person interview, I spoke with 4 interviewers, completed 2 Excel tests (one of which was provided to me by mistake), and never even received a courtesy rejection phone call or email.

Interview Questions

• How strong is your Excel skills?   2 Answers

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Praxair in May 2017.

Interview

The recruiter called and we had a 45 minute conversation. Then there was an onsite that lasted a little over an hour. After the discussion there was a guided tour with a few Q&A about the process and the group. Five people in the room. Very relaxed atmosphere. Good solid questions but not a firing squad.

Interview Questions

• Most were general situational questions. A few around historical work and a few around application/technical processes.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Praxair (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

The interviewers are nice. I was talking to three managers in charge of the projects I will be working on. They asked about my research work listed on my resume. Most of the time, they are introducing their company. After the interview, I was given a lab tour.

Production Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Magna, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Praxair (Magna, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

Pretty long process between application and interview. Interview was conducted on-site which included general interview questions as well as some in depth fluid mechanics and machinery questions. Interviewers were operational superintendent and the plant manager. The interview was formal, but not entirely strict. The interview concluded with a tour of the plant by an operator.

Interview Questions

• Three strengths and weaknesses   1 Answer
    • Explain the relation between temperature and pressure   2 Answers
    • Describe what you would do if a pump breaker tripped open upon startup.   2 Answers
    • How would you handle a situation where an employee you worked with didn't get along with you.   1 Answer
    • Have you ever done something to cause damage to equipment? If so, how did you respond?   1 Answer