Praxair Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Praxair Interview Questions

Updated May 29, 2018

2.9

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Praxair.

Interview

Typical interview with the normal interview questions. First had a phone interview and then a panel interview with 3 managers. It was a fairly straight forward process. The most difficult part making sure I gave everyone equal attention.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Logistics Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Praxair (Buffalo, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

The process was around three hours. The process began with sitting an watching a current Logistics Planner work for an hour followed by two thirty minute interviews with two managers in each interview.

Interview Questions

• What did you learn from sitting with the logistics planner you observed?   1 Answer

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I interviewed at Praxair (Seattle, WA) in March 2018.

Interview

Panel interview focus on leadership . Lots of questions on problem solving and skills. Very focused on lean questions. Union question how do you follow the contract. Question on working with different people and culture.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Praxair.

Interview

Had an initial interview during a career fair. got selected for onsite interview at the technology center in Tonawanda. Lasted half-day from 8 AM to 12 PM. Back to back interviews that were a mix of behavioral and technical interviews. Interviewers came in pairs, asked similar type of questions ( so be consistent with your answers because they discuss them later on!) . Some were very friendly, others more serious

Interview Questions

• What are your long-term goals?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Praxair (San Francisco, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Several phone interviews with recruiter and also with District Manager. Followed by a F2F with District and Regional Manager. Overall, the process was satisfactory; however, it should be noted that the company asks illegal questions as they have to do with age, salary, etc. I kind of got the feeling through the process, they had an internal candidate in mind and they were just running me through the paces...

Procurement Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tonawanda, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Praxair (Tonawanda, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

First, there was a phone interview. About 2 weeks later I was invited to come in for a panel interview. I was asked to prepare a 15-20 minute presentation summarizing my résumé and why I wanted the job. They told me they'd have a decision within a week. More than 3 weeks later my contact emails me on a Sunday asking me to call the next day (weird...why not just call me?) I call, no answer. Follow up with an email, and I get excuses that they're too busy. Two weeks later, still haven't heard a word. If this is any indication of how the company runs, I don't want to work there.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation you were in and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • How did you make improvements to processes at your previous jobs?   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Praxair in September 2017.

Interview

It's a campus interview. I talked about my research for about 20 minutes, and then they asked my some technical equestions regarding my research. I asked them some question about their company and their daily work.

Interview Questions

• What will you expect after five to ten years working in their company?   Answer Question

R & D Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Praxair.

Interview

Got an on-campus interview after job fair. The interviewer was friendly and encouraging, and the questions were 90% about my research experience. I was under the impression of being a good match, and tried to follow up after the interview but didn't get any response ever.

Web Applications Developer Interview

Interview

I had applied for a position at Praxair sometime in June 2017. I was contacted by the recruiter and I later gave the recruiter my available date and times for an interview with the hiring manager.

The exact date of the scheduled interview was never confirmed with me by the recruiter and I suddenly received a call on June 28 from the hiring manager. Obviously I had to request that the interview be rescheduled because the date and time was not confirmed with me. The hiring manager agreed to that as well.

Since that day June 28, 2017 I am constantly following up with the recruiter for a date when I can reschedule the interview as asked by the hiring manager. She suggested some date and times and I even gave the recruiter a schedule from those suggested by her. After that I even took a half day from work assuming I would be receiving a call from the hiring manager but to no avail.

There has been absolutely no communication from the recruiter in this matter and I am aimlessly following up every week.

Praxair is a great corporation that I was excited to be interviewing with and with hopes of being a prospective employee. I am thoroughly disappointed at the way this process is being conducted and this leaves a negative impact.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Praxair (Lancaster, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied for job, heard from the hiring District manager within two weeks of applying. Had a 10 minute phone conversation with a few questions about safety and my background. Was called for a in person interview two weeks after that. At the in person interview, I was asked about my sales back ground and if I was a welder, or had any knowledge of the welding industry. Spent 45 minutes in the interview, that became more about the companies lack of a training program and that they had no internal way to cross train current employees to move into other roles. I asked about how I would learn the position and was told I would be handed the keys to the building and basically had to figure it out, and would have to have the counter sales associate fill me in. I was told the career path and given a tour of the location. I left the interview with a distinct felling that I was very over qualified for the job they were hiring for, and my lack of being a trained welder would be the deciding reason I would be passed on. They were not looking for a manager candidate, they wanted a salesperson that could do some paperwork. Two weeks later I received a phone call asking my salary at my current employer, after that I have not received any contact since. It has been a month and I am sure that they passed on me due to being over qualified as a manager, and to high of a current salary.

Interview Questions

• Are you an experienced welder? (This was more important that my manager skills.)   Answer Question