Praxair R&D Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Praxair R&D Engineer Interview Questions

2.7

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

R&D Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Praxair in October 2014.

Interview

We were first required to apply through our university's online job portal. They shortlisted candidates from those applications and then called for an on-campus interview. They were very amiable and friendly. The interview went on for 45 minutes. At the end they described about the further procedure.

Interview Questions

• Most of it was based on the kind of research I had been doing. They talked about the projects and internships. They want to know if your background is well suited to their needs.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Praxair

Anonymous Employee in Tonawanda, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Praxair (Tonawanda, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Campus recruit on September 2013, met with two technical staff in campus job fair. Followed up with a onsite interview one month later. The night before interview day, the associate director who I will work with have a dinner with me (Praxair has this great tradition). Causal conversation and very delicious food (do not order too cheap or too expensive food for yourself. check out the menu before you go to the restaurant). The associate director is a nice guy and he shown me the list of peoples I will meet tomorrow during my interview day and what their background, which I found out very helpful. In the meantime, show him some passion of the relative works, but do not say too much.

During onsite interview day, first I gave a one hour technical presentation from 8 AM and answer some questions from them (total 8 peoples in the meeting room). Then individual meeting with department director and two associate director (each of them for 45 min, rest 15 min)... Have lunch break with two technical fellows who will work with... Afternoon met with 3 more technical fellows and HR manager. Left the company around 5 PM.

Got the call from the associate director after one month later and confirmed the offer.

Interview Questions

• 1. A behavior question from HR manager, "How can you handle the disagreement raised from your audiences when you are presenting your works on stage?"
      2. A technical question from department director, "Please work me through the knowledge that inspires your accomplishment?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer is very good, no negotiation was made..

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Praxair (Baltimore, MD) in October 2013.

Interview

Campus Interview

Interview Questions

• How do you handle the situation if the results are unexpected.   2 Answers
    • Why do you choose to study in this university?   Answer Question
    • Tell me the projects you have been doing.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tonawanda, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Praxair (Tonawanda, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

It was a long tough day. Eight people are scheduled to meet. Many behavioral questions were asked, for example, describe a case when there are different opinions in your group and how did you handle them, and what was the overcome. A seminar was given to mixed audience with tech and non-tech background people.

Interview Questions

• Give you half a million dollar, how will you keep doing your existing work to make further progress.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Praxair (Buffalo, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

It is a on-campus interview opportunity. The interview place is in my university. First, I was asked to apply online. After roughly a week, I received an email from the hiring manager to schedule an interview on campus. THe interview took about one hour. I was talking to hiring manager one-on-one in the career service. After two more weeks, I was turned down for further hiring process.

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Praxair (Buffalo, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

Interview with a presentation seminar.took a whole day,saw a bunch of people. all of them are nice.

after 3 weeks,have positive feedback. then waiting......very slow hiring process