Praxair Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Praxair Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2017

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Praxair (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

I received a phone call from a very rude secretary indicating that I was selected for an interview. Without giving me much time or option to choose my time slot, she scheduled for a next day phone interview. The phone interview went well and I was invited for an onsite interview and this is where everything started to fall apart. Although the questions were good, they were not appropriate. Even then I did not think it was much of a problem. The entire interview went well. The hiring manager even showed me the desk she had prepared for me. The problems started when Praxair, the multi-million dollar corporation, refused to reimburse my modest travel expenses. So much so that I had to escalate them to corporate office. Unfortunately, they also sent me a couple of emails indicating my reimbursement was in the mail and stopped corresponding. After this experience, I decided I did not want to work a company that cannot respect and fulfill it obligations. I withdrew my candidacy.

Interview Questions

• Do you think someone with your engineering discipline can transition into this role?
      How would you investigate a problem? Walk me through it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Praxair (Livonia, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview process consisted of a phone interview and in person interview.Both were laid back and really explained the position for which they were looking to hire and the expectations.It was nice to talk to higher ups in a company that actually took the time to explain the process and the position.

Interview Questions

• What different types of machinery did you work on while enlisted in the navy?   Answer Question

I was offered the job but ultimately declined after I did research on the cost of moving 40 minutes from where I currently lived.It seemed like a good opportunity but picking up and moving just wasn't financially feasible.

Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tonawanda, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Praxair (Tonawanda, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online through Indeed. Mainly work experience from my resume. The people interviewing are extremely smart so it the best bet would be to be absolutely honest. Then mostly behavioral questions

New Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Praxair (Bethlehem, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by recruiter with basic questions (it was quickly evident that my resume essentially read like the job description). Follow up by hiring manager with positive outcome, date to be set up to be interviewed in Headquarters. On next call was told that there had been a mistake and that someone else who they did into think was going to take their job did. I smelled ageism just by the way the hiring manager stumbled and tried to give me the new story. It was not convincing in the least.

Interview Questions

• Give an explanation of a typical day as a business development engineer.   1 Answer
    • What sorts of value added approaches would you present to potential customers?   1 Answer
    • How much travel do you envision this job requiring?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Praxair.

Interview

Very laid back team and friendly staff. Interview was a good mix between technical engineering related questions, personal questions and experience related questions. Overall a very pleasant interview process, the HR team is very responsive and accepting of any questions you may have. Seems like an excellent company to work for.

Interview Questions

• what is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Praxair (Torrance, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Called in for an interview, only the one lab manager was available as opposed to the two that the previous applicant received (he was just walking out as I walked in). I was asked to go through my resume, asked standard questions, and then given a short walk around of the testing and filling stations. I asked a few questions and it seemed to go reasonably well.

Mechanical R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Praxair (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Asked mostly about your experience from Resume and behavioural questions like "Describe the time you led a project". The first round is on-campus interview after which there will be a on-site where managers from each division interview you and decide which project you are most suitable for. Before on-site there will be a dinner with one of the managers the night before.

Pipeline Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Praxair (The Woodlands, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Very formal and round table setting. It was intimidating at first however I found comfort after the hiring manager introduced the meeting. She even gave a brief safety guide before we started going over emergency plans and exits. I was impressed with that along with the major managers on the interview panel.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions with an additional 15 minute presentation I was asked to provide about me.   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Praxair.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email the next from the hiring manager and had phone interview the next week. A few weeks later I received a phone call asking me to come on site for an all day interview. The night before I went to dinner with another employee. I met with a total of 8 currently employees, mostly line engineers.

Interview Questions

• What is the PID Controller equation?   2 Answers

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Praxair (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

My interview was before a panel of managers from the business unit (although I am told this is a pretty uncommon format). I believe most interviews for this role are now a series of 1:1 interviews with several different managers from the business unit.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about the one or two poorest grades I had from college. I don't remember much about other questions - - the interview was several years ago.   Answer Question