Praxair Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 1, 2017

2.9

Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Praxair (Buffalo, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Interviewed at Tonawanda. They asked me to give a presentation on my research topic. Day long process. The interviewers were very friendly and asked many behavioral questions. Mostly focussed on the topics listed in the resume. No information yet regarding offer.

Interview Questions

• Main questions were on the research projects that I had listed in my resume. Why did you use so and so method? What was the underlying reason behind choosing this university for pursuing graduate studies? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

R&D Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Praxair.

Interview

Signed up for interview through campus. Met them at career fair. There was an info session, which was useful. Got an on-campus interview three weeks later. Still waiting for an offer

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your major? Tell me the time when you have to make a decision when there is little information provided. Tell me the time when you solved a problem that others can't. Describe a time when you seize an opportunity. Any disagreement at work and how you solve it.   Answer Question

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Praxair (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

I had two phone interviews and one on site interview. It was different in any other in that it seemed like they were trying to impress me and get me to take the position and couldnt get me through the steps fast enough to start. Hardly any questions about my skills were asked they just wanted to know repeatedly how much i wanted the position.And how much better their company was than the one i currently worked for was.

R&D Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Praxair in October 2014.

Interview

We were first required to apply through our university's online job portal. They shortlisted candidates from those applications and then called for an on-campus interview. They were very amiable and friendly. The interview went on for 45 minutes. At the end they described about the further procedure.

Interview Questions

• Most of it was based on the kind of research I had been doing. They talked about the projects and internships. They want to know if your background is well suited to their needs.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Praxair.

Interview

There was one phone Interview and one Onsite Interview with 3 teams . The questions were from the internet and interview was very 4 hrs . The interview was very easy .

Interview Questions

• how to link one database from another databse   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Praxair in July 2014.

Interview

A representative from Praxair contacted me on a Monday after viewing my resume on CareerBuilder. The representative described the position to me, asked me a few general questions about my background, and then asked me if I would be interested in conducting a phone interview. The phone interview was the Thursday of that week. The phone interview was with the hiring manager and a member of the HR team. The phone interview was a chance for me to verbally discuss my resume and then a few behavioral questions were asked. After the phone interview was complete the hiring manager told me that I should hear from them within the next week or two. I was emailed the following Monday that I was selected for an in person panel interview. My in person panel interview was held at The Woodlands office the following Wednesday. I was then contacted on the next Tuesday to schedule one last phone interview with the Executive Director for the next day. I was called and extended an offer on Thursday.

Interview Questions

• None. All questions were directly applicable to the job or my experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was acceptable, I did not have to negotiate anything.

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

Expected a lot of engineering knowledge. Asked many general process engineering questions. Need to have a firm grasp of the operation of units such as compressors, columns and exchangers. Know how some of Praxair's engineers have innovated the industry.

Interview Questions

• Comparing pressures at two different points on a flow diagram.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cahokia, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Praxair (Cahokia, IL).

Interview

Apply on website with a very long detailed application. Then get a call from HR recruiting to screen for a first interview. Then 2 more interviews just so they could tell me they chose someone else. Took a total of 5 hours between application and interviews just to not get the job.

Project Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Praxair (Houston, TX).

Interview

Phone interview first, then face interview with a Board of 4-5 people, need to make a presentation of your experiance.Friendly atmosphere
    It took a lot of time for a background check, about 3 weeks

Negotiation

asked for more beenfits and better salary

Standard Plant Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Praxair (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by the area manager via phone two days after submitting my application. We discussed my background and what I was looking for from a career with Praxair. We scheduled an interview for the following week. I was offered the job the Monday after I interviewed. The process was quick for me. The interview consisted of visiting one of the plants and getting a brief overview of the process. Looking through P & IDs and more discussion on my skill set. Very friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as the pay and benefits were at what I desired.