Praxair Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 16, 2017

2.9

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Praxair (Torrance, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Called in for an interview, only the one lab manager was available as opposed to the two that the previous applicant received (he was just walking out as I walked in). I was asked to go through my resume, asked standard questions, and then given a short walk around of the testing and filling stations. I asked a few questions and it seemed to go reasonably well.

Mechanical R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Praxair (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Asked mostly about your experience from Resume and behavioural questions like "Describe the time you led a project". The first round is on-campus interview after which there will be a on-site where managers from each division interview you and decide which project you are most suitable for. Before on-site there will be a dinner with one of the managers the night before.

Pipeline Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Praxair (The Woodlands, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Very formal and round table setting. It was intimidating at first however I found comfort after the hiring manager introduced the meeting. She even gave a brief safety guide before we started going over emergency plans and exits. I was impressed with that along with the major managers on the interview panel.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions with an additional 15 minute presentation I was asked to provide about me.   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Praxair.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email the next from the hiring manager and had phone interview the next week. A few weeks later I received a phone call asking me to come on site for an all day interview. The night before I went to dinner with another employee. I met with a total of 8 currently employees, mostly line engineers.

Interview Questions

• What is the PID Controller equation?   2 Answers

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Praxair (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

My interview was before a panel of managers from the business unit (although I am told this is a pretty uncommon format). I believe most interviews for this role are now a series of 1:1 interviews with several different managers from the business unit.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about the one or two poorest grades I had from college. I don't remember much about other questions - - the interview was several years ago.   Answer Question

Advanced Process Control Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Praxair (Buffalo, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Onsite interview at Praxair, starts at 8:30 am, presentation for 45 mins, 15 mins Q&A, followed by 1:1 interviews with several senior engineers and hiring manager until 5:00 pm in the afternoon

Interview Questions

• where you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hahnville, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Praxair (Hahnville, LA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very nice and friendly people who did the interview. I found that they really cared about the safety of their employees and the leadership support towards it, as they really focused their interview on it by asking for many different answers to different scenario.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tonawanda, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Praxair (Tonawanda, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process for me as well as other interns was very easy. Our potentially future managers called us over the phone and gave us a 5-10 minute phone interview. Questions that were asked were very basic and simple, regarding our past experience and comfort level with much of the major topic that the specific work you may be doing covers. Very basic phone interview, nothing to worry about. I did however hear about a few interns who had to come in for a face to face interview, not sure how that went but everyone here is so friendly Im sure it wasn't bad at all!

Interview Questions

• Do you know how the cryogenic air separation process works?   2 Answers

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Senior Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Praxair (Spring, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

PowerPoint presentation in front of panel interviewers. Typical corporate environment with not much energy in the room. When I left the interview I felt I did not want to work for people who did not seem friendly and were so serious. People did not seem excited to work for the company. The interview process was very formal and I felt they did not want to know me as a person, but rather how I performed under pressure. This concerned me. Also, when I asked for feedback I did not get a reply. After working on my presentation for many hours for the interview and presenting in front of six people, I expected a more professional response.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why you want to work for Praxair   1 Answer

Procurement Manager Interview

Interview

First i was called for an informal meeting over lunch and didnt get a call back from them. Interview was good though. Normal hiring process is firts round telephone interview second round is onsite.