Praxair Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Praxair Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2017

2.9

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Praxair in December 2014.

Interview

I turned in a resume at a career fair at a University where I did not attend because Praxis did not come to my University. I was contacted about a month later for an initial phone interview. I was contacted a week later and told that I would have a second phone interview with a separate HR manager. I did not get that call, but I was told by my first interviewer that I was offered an onsite visit and interview.
    I was flown to the Burr Ridge, IL site, given a nice hotel stay, and taken to dinner for an informal get together where the managers could get a sense of our personalities. The next day was busy. There were 8-9 interviews by different hiring and engineering managers. I had to give two presentations with question and answer sessions. After the interviews were concluded, I was taken to a local plant where we were given a tour of the operations. I asked previous candidates about their experiences and feelings about how they were treated. It was a pleasant overall experience.

Interview Questions

• I gave a presentation about a technology used in a different industry and I was asked how Praxis could benefit or contribute to that industry.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The position I was interviewing is an entry level position and there wasn't an negotiating phase.

Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Praxair (Buffalo, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Interviewed at Tonawanda. They asked me to give a presentation on my research topic. Day long process. The interviewers were very friendly and asked many behavioral questions. Mostly focussed on the topics listed in the resume. No information yet regarding offer.

Interview Questions

• Main questions were on the research projects that I had listed in my resume. Why did you use so and so method? What was the underlying reason behind choosing this university for pursuing graduate studies? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Developmental Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Praxair (Buffalo, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied through career fair. Very lengthy wait process for the interview. I was interviewed by around 10 people all day. They expressed their interest in making an offer. Did not get back to me at all and did not even have the courtesy to send a reject mail after I wasted almost two days flying to Buffalo.

R&D Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Praxair.

Interview

Signed up for interview through campus. Met them at career fair. There was an info session, which was useful. Got an on-campus interview three weeks later. Still waiting for an offer

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your major? Tell me the time when you have to make a decision when there is little information provided. Tell me the time when you solved a problem that others can't. Describe a time when you seize an opportunity. Any disagreement at work and how you solve it.   Answer Question

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Praxair (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

I had two phone interviews and one on site interview. It was different in any other in that it seemed like they were trying to impress me and get me to take the position and couldnt get me through the steps fast enough to start. Hardly any questions about my skills were asked they just wanted to know repeatedly how much i wanted the position.And how much better their company was than the one i currently worked for was.

R&D Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Praxair in October 2014.

Interview

We were first required to apply through our university's online job portal. They shortlisted candidates from those applications and then called for an on-campus interview. They were very amiable and friendly. The interview went on for 45 minutes. At the end they described about the further procedure.

Interview Questions

• Most of it was based on the kind of research I had been doing. They talked about the projects and internships. They want to know if your background is well suited to their needs.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Praxair.

Interview

There was one phone Interview and one Onsite Interview with 3 teams . The questions were from the internet and interview was very 4 hrs . The interview was very easy .

Interview Questions

• how to link one database from another databse   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Praxair in July 2014.

Interview

A representative from Praxair contacted me on a Monday after viewing my resume on CareerBuilder. The representative described the position to me, asked me a few general questions about my background, and then asked me if I would be interested in conducting a phone interview. The phone interview was the Thursday of that week. The phone interview was with the hiring manager and a member of the HR team. The phone interview was a chance for me to verbally discuss my resume and then a few behavioral questions were asked. After the phone interview was complete the hiring manager told me that I should hear from them within the next week or two. I was emailed the following Monday that I was selected for an in person panel interview. My in person panel interview was held at The Woodlands office the following Wednesday. I was then contacted on the next Tuesday to schedule one last phone interview with the Executive Director for the next day. I was called and extended an offer on Thursday.

Interview Questions

• None. All questions were directly applicable to the job or my experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was acceptable, I did not have to negotiate anything.

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

Expected a lot of engineering knowledge. Asked many general process engineering questions. Need to have a firm grasp of the operation of units such as compressors, columns and exchangers. Know how some of Praxair's engineers have innovated the industry.

Interview Questions

• Comparing pressures at two different points on a flow diagram.   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cahokia, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Praxair (Cahokia, IL).

Interview

Apply on website with a very long detailed application. Then get a call from HR recruiting to screen for a first interview. Then 2 more interviews just so they could tell me they chose someone else. Took a total of 5 hours between application and interviews just to not get the job.