Praxair Process Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Praxair Process Engineer Interview Questions

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

Expected a lot of engineering knowledge. Asked many general process engineering questions. Need to have a firm grasp of the operation of units such as compressors, columns and exchangers. Know how some of Praxair's engineers have innovated the industry.

Interview Questions

• Comparing pressures at two different points on a flow diagram.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Praxair

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Praxair (Houston, TX).

Interview

The first one was a phone interview with the dept manager. After 3 weeks, I received an communication from the recruiter saying that I was going to a person interview. The company was paying for the interview trip. The next one was a panel type interview with 4 people. One of the Directors, two managers and a HR representative. The presentation and questions took an hour. The people were very very nice. Knowledgeable and interesting to talk. They made all to make me feel comfortable. Overall, from the first interview to the final offer took 2 months.

Interview Questions

• No trick questions. Be careful what you put on the presentation. Most of the questions are coming from your presentation. Many of the questions were situational questions and behaviour based questions.   Answer Question

The offer was in a different city that I applied for.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Praxair in September 2012.

Interview

Interview on college campus. Typical interview. Senior employees with similar job roles as the one you're applying for are the ones who interview you. My case was unique, as my interviewer went through my resume, but did not ask me many questions about my experience (though I had very little). The rest of the interview time was filled by my interviewer going through their own day-to-day job.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Praxair (Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)).

Interview

Know the position requirements and functions from the manager and have an exam to know if my skills are good for the position. Getting to know who I will be in contact and what where my salary expectative.