Precision Castparts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Precision Castparts Interview Questions

Interviews at Precision Castparts

2.8

Rotational Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Precision Castparts in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview first with a follow up online quiz if selected
    STAR behavioral questions were asked
    Some questions regarding resume but mainly behavioral and how would you work in manufacturing

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a managerial problem on the floor?   Answer Question

CNC Machinist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Precision Castparts (Santa Ana, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Basic yes or no questions, the HR person was only interested in getting someone to work at the lowest rate. I have not been considered for a raise or other compensation

Interview Questions

• How long have you been a machinist   2 Answers

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Precision Castparts.

Interview

Very fair and professional interview process. I was initially contacted by one of their HR Recruiters via LinkedIn. The arrangements and scheduling of interviews was very professional. The recruiter was very responsive and communicated with clarity on any next steps. Once I was determined as their #1 candidate the job offer and compensation process was more than fair.

Interview Questions

• How will someone like yourself with no manufacturing background adapt to PCC's strong emphasis on manufacturing?   Answer Question

Negotiation

very fair

Purchasing Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Precision Castparts (Bothell, WA) in December 2014.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a college career fair and gave him my resume. About a month later I got a call to set up an interview. I received an offer on the spot after my interview.I was interviewed by three members of the purchasing team, it was friendly and conversational. They mainly focused on my resume and past experiences. I asked a lot of questions - which they seemed to appreciate. To prepare I thoroughly researched the company and came up with a list of questions related to my specific job functions. Drug test and background check required.

Quality Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mentor, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Precision Castparts (Mentor, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview and then they called me for an on site interview. It lasted about 3 hours while meeting with 3 different engineers. There was a tour of the facilities to get familiarized with everything.

Quality Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Algona, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Precision Castparts (Algona, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

Clear and concise. Very straight forward and Informative. Professional and efficient. Starts with how much knowledge I have about the company and technical questions follows throughout the process. At the end, the director gives chance for me to ask him any question regarding the job and the company.

Interview Questions

• Willingness to work and Technical expertise.   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Precision Castparts (Corona, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Called by HR to come for an on-site interview. The interview was with engineering director and HR Manager. They asked about experience on resume and talked about the job and its heavy workload. A few days later, I was asked to complete an online personality/leadership assessment.

Manufacturing Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Precision Castparts (Irvine, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I gave my resume to the company's booth at a college career fair. I was contacted to interview with an HR representative on campus, and then brought in to interview with an engineer for an opening at Shur-Lok.

MDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Precision Castparts.

Interview

Hired from a on campus career fair. Initial interview followed by an interview at the nearest plant to your location.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared with a real-life experience to tell and how you overcame a difficult situation in a manufacturing or team based environment in a leadersdhip position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very straightforward. As a newly graduated college student, I didn't negotiate the salaray because the compensation was excellent.

MDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Precision Castparts.

Interview

First interview was a short on campus interview. I was then sent to one of the manufacturing faciities for a second interview. The interview was 4 hours long and very structured. It included a lot of walking and unexpected bursts of interview questions in the middle of the plant tour. After the interview was over I received an email with a link to take a personality test. Roughly 3 weeks later I received my job offer.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were very typical interview questions, but they did ask if I made any observations about their current facilities I was willing to share.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They sent a job offer that was exceptional compared to others I have received so there was no negotiation necessary.