Precision Castparts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Precision Castparts Interview Questions

Interviews at Precision Castparts

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Precision Castparts (Cleveland, OH) in October 2012.

Interview

The first interview was on campus after the career fair. It was with one current MDP and an HR manager. It was pretty generic behavioral questions. A few weeks later I had an on site interview that I had to drive 4 hours to. It was a short talk with that same HR manager, followed by 2 very short (~15 min each) interviews with engineering managers. There was supposed to be 3, but one of them had something come up. I was supposed to go on a plant tour after the last interview, but once he left the room I was left there sitting alone for about 15 minutes. At that point I just left.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked on a multi-disciplinary team.   Answer Question

MDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Precision Castparts.

Interview

Phone interview focused on behavioral questions followed by 5 different cognitive, personality, and math tests. Interview went well with the hiring manager, focused on behavioral questions and scenarios where I was in a leadership position.

Interview Questions

• If you have to choose between buying a new piece of equipment for a large up front capital investment or repairing an old one which do you choose?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Precision Castparts (Cleveland, OH) in February 2018.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview based on a recruiter that came to my campus for a career fair at my university, and I thought I answered the questions well, but ultimately they chose to go with other people. The process lasted about 1.5 weeks until they rejected me from the process.

Interview Questions

• Is it more important to be smart or hardworking?   1 Answer

President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Precision Castparts (Farmington Hills, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

First few interviews was with the recruiter then the VP of HR via telephone. In between these steps I took a battery of assessment tests that took about 3 hours

Interview Questions

• The biggest question from all was if I had thick enough skin to withstand a very aggressive "in-your-face" management approach and culture.   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Precision Castparts (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview when great. I was interviewed by the plant manager and once we finish the interview the manager give me his card and said, "if you pass all the background and drug tests it's your job. I passed all the tests and then it came down to my salary. The salary was based on 72 hours a week. If the salary would have been based on 40 or 44 hour a week then it would have been acceptable. I have 22 years in my profession and they wanted to pay me like I was a fast-food operator. .

Interview Questions

• 1.Are you still with Wyman? 2.How long did you work for Wyman? 3.Can to explain why you think we should hire you.   1 Answer

Production Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Precision Castparts.

Interview

Applied online and within a couple of days was emailed for a date and time to set up a phone interview. Had my phone interview within a week of applying.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Precision Castparts (Tacoma, WA).

Interview

Received email thanking me for my interest, but they had chosen to interview other candidates. Then a couple days later I received a phone call stating the hiring manager's interest in interviewing me.
    Showed up for interview a few minutes early. Hiring manager was 15 minutes late and dressed in jeans and tennis shoes.
    He didn't have any prepared questions, didn't take notes during the interview, and was very vague in answering my questions. Not too impressed.
    I was told to fill out the application and give it to hiring manager. When I brought this up, he was unaware of why company requires this and didn't know if he should take it or not.

Interview Questions

• Asked about work history, experience in project and program management, and why interested in this specific industry and organization. Again, no specific outline of questions prepared for discussion.   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groton, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Precision Castparts (Groton, CT) in November 2015.

Interview

I went to a Job fair at my University and spoke with the company representatives. I applied to positions online and was contacted for a phone interview. First I spoke with a HR representative followed by a second phone interview with an engineering manager. I was then asked to come in for an in person interview as I was a finalist in the selection process. I met with the engineers and managers in person totaling approximately 4 hours. It included a group interview as well as a few 1:1 interviews. It also included an interesting tour of their facility.

Overall they were very nice and professional it was a good experience and I was glad to have had the opportunity though I did not receive an offer. They are looking for candidates who express a high level of self motivation.

Interview Questions

• Questions about previous experiences and my own personal traits and abilities. Nothing earth shattering.   Answer Question

Logistics Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Precision Castparts.

Interview

2 interviews. 1st with director of supply chain and HR director. 2nd with director of supply chain and operations manager. GM did not interview. Interview was more of a question of personality and fit rather than skill set.

Interview Questions

• What is your daily process?   1 Answer

Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Precision Castparts (State College, PA) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview was a 30 min interview at my university's career fair. Then I had testing to do followed by an on-site interview. The whole process was a little stressful but you just have to stick to it. They like people that can handle a lot of stress.