Precision Drilling Floorhand Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Precision Drilling

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Floorhand Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Precision Drilling.

Interview

Put in an app online, got a call back in 3 days. They then scheduled me to come to their office 2 days later. Went, talked to a guy, mostly about football but just good conversation. Sent me to take drug test and physical that same day and was on a rig about 5 days after that. I have a year rig experience at the time.

Interview Questions

• Why did I have to be a LSU fan?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Precision Drilling

Anonymous Employee in Penn, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Precision Drilling (Penn, PA) in July 2012.

Interview

Very vague, job description wasn't even close, didn't even know if I was hired till 4 hrs later. Then said I was hired and did not start till 3 weeks later. Pay wasn't even discussed. Spent a lot of time sitting around waiting for answers.

Interview Questions

• You hear for a job or career.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Williston, ND

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Precision Drilling (Williston, ND) in March 2012.

Interview

Had a brief conversation with the HR lady. She explained the job and if I was up for it. I was former military so the work conditions were fine with me. Was fairly straightforward. No surprises. Had to take a test asking moral and work ethic questions. Drug test followed after the interview and offer. There was also a physical test that wasn't to difficult but did put stress on your knees and shoulders to see if you could physically handle the job. If you had joint problems it would be fairly apparent.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle the work life balance of 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off? Having to work holidays?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation the salaries are fixed based off of position.

Anonymous Employee in Williamsport, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Precision Drilling (Williamsport, PA) in February 2012.

Interview

After applying online, received call to schedule an interview. You then go into the office for a 1 on 1 Interview with district manager and or his assistant to speed up the process since there are usually five interviews per hour. If hired, a drug test and physical are conducted across, and orientation follow immediately after.

Anonymous Employee in Williamsport, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Precision Drilling (Williamsport, PA) in January 2012.

Interview

Received a call to set up an interview on a Friday and interview was on a Tuesday. Interviewed by HR (woman had no personality) and HSE (very encouraging). I went through the beginning stages of being hired the same day as the interview.

Negotiation

I would not take the offer. This company has little concern for its employees. The company told me everything looked good after the physical was completed and sent me home with work clothes. I was to start in 2 weeks. Called in the next day as requested by HR and was told I did not get the job and had to return the work clothes. The HR woman was condesending and did not apologize -no I'm sorry you no longer will be able to work with the company or anything. I would expect a reputable company to be considerate of people but I would say that Precision does not possess the characteristics of company anyone would want to work for. They are out for #1=them.

Anonymous Employee in Weatherford, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Precision Drilling (Weatherford, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

Interview process was fairly simple. Just convince them you can work long hours, and handle extreme weather conditions. You take a pretty basic physical including hand eye coordination, grip test, strength test, blood pressure test, eye test, breath test, balance, color test. Etc... simple and only takes an hour or two.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I could travel.   1 Answer