Premera Blue Cross Interview Questions in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 11, 2017

2.8

67 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountlake Terrace, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross (Mountlake Terrace, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

I showed up early to my interview. The interviewer was 10 minutes late. As I was waiting, people kept coming in and out. It was like a revolving door. The lady I talked to basically filled out an application for me and did not even write down answers to questions she was asking me. She didn't even have my resume in front of her. Another person was interviewing someone else at another table. In my confirmation email, I was told to be prepared to spend 30-60 mins on campus. My interview was 10 minutes! I saw people going into the conference room to talk to another group after they spoke with the initial person. I knew something was wrong because I didn't. I asked the lady about that and she said she had to talk to the team and she didn't have time and they would get back to me. I was completely cut short. I had positive answers to every question and actually am more than qualified for the job. I know they were hiring several people and I am clueless as to why I was not allowed to complete the interview process. I was cut short and the lady was rude. This wasn't right. I have to say that I will never apply for another job at Premera. They are unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I was ok working with two computer screens and a headset. I was asked how I went above and beyond what was asked of me in a specific job situation. I was asked about constructive feedback in a situation.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

I applied online, got an email telling me they wanted me to choose from two days out of the week to interview. I replied with the day that worked for me, but did not hear back for a week. I had to email a representative to try and get some clarification. I finally got an email and a phone call the same day to set up an interview a week later. I arrived 10 mintues early, checked in with the front desk, gave them my info so my car wouldn't get towed and got my badge. I waited for my recruiter I guess to come take me to a busy lunch room where he asked me non sense questions about my old job, which had nothing to do with the job I was interviewing for. I tried my best to understand him, he had a very thick accent which was distracting and I made the best of what I was given. He then told me I would be interviewing with "team leads" and to give very specific answers. The interviews were literally robots with No customer service skills as far as I could tell reading from a script and judging your responses a 100 miles a minute while staring at you but typing the entire time while making eye contact. It was the most impersonable and awkward experience of my life.

Interview Questions

• They asked to talk about a time when something happend at work that maybe wasn't me fault but was put on my shoulders, how did I handle it?   1 Answer

Application

Interview

I am very surprised at how unprofessional this company is when updating applicants on the outcome of their interview. I was told I would hear back by a certain date and didn't. I sent an email and got no response. I honestly thought the interview went well but if I didn't meet their requirements, they should at least have the courtesy to send an email. I mean, let's get real, it could be a simple copy & paste format. The reason this is important for this particular position is because the start date was three weeks away and one should know whether to move on or not. So I am basically glad I didn't get the job b/c this is exactly the type of unprofessionalism that I was trying to avoid.

Interview Questions

• What is one mistake you have made as an employee and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Department Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountlake Terrace, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross (Mountlake Terrace, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

There were two phone interviews (one with recruiter and one with admin) followed by two in-person interviews (one with two team members and one with a director). The questions were behavioral based and were about trying to see if I fit Premera culture for the most part, I believe.

Procurement Specialist & Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

First and second interview was via phone. Basic interview to get to know you, explain the job description and understand the requirements for the position.

3rd interview was in person on campus. My experience was excellent. Very structured and no guess work on where to proceed and who to see. My interview was with my now supervisor and my co-worker. From the beginning I knew I wanted this position just from the family type feeling I got from both of them. I felt very welcomed and was encouraged to share my experience from past employers.

Data Analyst Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountlake Terrace, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross (Mountlake Terrace, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online. took them about a month to get the initial email from the recruiter.
    1) phone screen with the recruiter (basic recruiting question are you 18+, do you need sponsorship
    2)talked to two managers over the phone (why Premera ? why this position? what are your career goals? what do you want to leave your current employer? what do you like the least? most about your current job?)
    3) on-site interview with 4 groups consisting of 2 people in each group total of 8 people over 2 hours 15 min. I felt roasted afterward.

Interview Questions

• tell me how you do under pressure?
      tell me how ou manage multiple tasks?
      tell me about the time you did not agree with the majority?
      tell me about your most exciting project?
      what is the format of a simple query
      How do you join two tables?
      estimate number of Starbucks shops in WA?
      and lots of detailed questions about your resume...what did you mean by XYZ in your resume?
      how you did ABC projects, give me a detail description of the project, methods and outcomes.
      what is one thing that you could have done better in XYZ project?   Answer Question

Negotiation

However, my recruiter was open to the idea of negotiating over the phone, I chose not to negotiate since I did not want to prolong the process.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountlake Terrace, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross (Mountlake Terrace, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview w/ recruiter (easy)
    Phone interview w/ current employee in the role (easy and very informative)
    In person interview w/ three other PM's on the team (asked really archaic style interview questions)

They did a terrible job at 'selling' this role and describing the actual duties of the position. It was more of a 'Let's try stump the applicant' type of interview

Interview Questions

• Best Strengths?
      Weaknesses?
      Communication style?
      Very specific 'what-if' scenarios?
      (ex. If you're working with an engineer who is stuck in their ways and have been the last 15 years-how would you go about trying to get the engineer to perform 'outside the box' task who is clearly reluctant?)

Other very specific questions for the role that an applicant would have no way of accurately answering   Answer Question

Business Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountlake Terrace, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross (Mountlake Terrace, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview first with a company recruiter, followed by an in person interview with 2 BAS and the manager. Then a half hour meeting with the senior manager. I guessed I was getting an offer after meeting the sr. manager.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot about my experience - roles and responsibilities, how I approached my work, how I approached ambiguity, roadblocks, etc.   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountlake Terrace, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross (Mountlake Terrace, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

(1) Phone interview
    (2) In-person "conversation" with the team

There wasn't really anything more to it, it was pretty casual, and seemed based on my portfolio and skills instead of the interview itself.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your design process?
      How do you use research in your designs?
      How does your previous experience prepare you for this position?
      What do you know about the healthcare system?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

First a phone interview with the recruiter, then an in-person interview with several managers, one peer. A developer assessed technical skills with a white board coding session.

After the interview I received absolutely no contact from anyone at the company, even though I sent a Thank You note and inquired about how the decision was going about a week after.

Interview Questions

• The standard questions - we discussed my background, why I was leaving my current position and why I wanted to work at Premera.   Answer Question