Premera Blue Cross Interview Questions in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 31, 2017

2.8

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountlake Terrace, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross (Mountlake Terrace, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview w/ recruiter (easy)
    Phone interview w/ current employee in the role (easy and very informative)
    In person interview w/ three other PM's on the team (asked really archaic style interview questions)

They did a terrible job at 'selling' this role and describing the actual duties of the position. It was more of a 'Let's try stump the applicant' type of interview

Interview Questions

• Best Strengths?
      Weaknesses?
      Communication style?
      Very specific 'what-if' scenarios?
      (ex. If you're working with an engineer who is stuck in their ways and have been the last 15 years-how would you go about trying to get the engineer to perform 'outside the box' task who is clearly reluctant?)

Other very specific questions for the role that an applicant would have no way of accurately answering

Data Analyst Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountlake Terrace, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross (Mountlake Terrace, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online. took them about a month to get the initial email from the recruiter.
    1) phone screen with the recruiter (basic recruiting question are you 18+, do you need sponsorship
    2)talked to two managers over the phone (why Premera ? why this position? what are your career goals? what do you want to leave your current employer? what do you like the least? most about your current job?)
    3) on-site interview with 4 groups consisting of 2 people in each group total of 8 people over 2 hours 15 min. I felt roasted afterward.

Interview Questions

• tell me how you do under pressure?
      tell me how ou manage multiple tasks?
      tell me about the time you did not agree with the majority?
      tell me about your most exciting project?
      what is the format of a simple query
      How do you join two tables?
      estimate number of Starbucks shops in WA?
      and lots of detailed questions about your resume...what did you mean by XYZ in your resume?
      how you did ABC projects, give me a detail description of the project, methods and outcomes.
      what is one thing that you could have done better in XYZ project?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

However, my recruiter was open to the idea of negotiating over the phone, I chose not to negotiate since I did not want to prolong the process.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

First a phone interview with the recruiter, then an in-person interview with several managers, one peer. A developer assessed technical skills with a white board coding session.

After the interview I received absolutely no contact from anyone at the company, even though I sent a Thank You note and inquired about how the decision was going about a week after.

Interview Questions

• The standard questions - we discussed my background, why I was leaving my current position and why I wanted to work at Premera.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross (Bothell, WA).

Interview

I applied, received an email 2 days later to set up an in-person interview in Bothell.
    Once I arrived, I waited in the HR waiting room until it was my turn. I wore a blazer, blouse and black slacks and I was extremely over dressed compared to the other ladies interviewing. My friend was wearing a summer shirt and leggings and was 45 minutes late. How she got hired and I didn't, I'll never know.

The interview was 15 minutes late (thanks friend!). I talked to an HR rep for about 20 min. She seemed. Pleased that I had worked in health insurance company call centers before, and was also familiar with their operating system.
    Then they brought me to another building to have another one on one interview with one of the leads. Let me tell you, she seemed to immediately not like me. Not sure if my hand shake was too strong or what. With her rolling her eyes at almost all of my responses...I knew it wasn't good. But I was courteous and gave it my all anyways.

Overall it took about an hour.

I received an email 2 days later telling me I wasn't chosen because someone else with more experience got the job (probably my friend who has zero experience...because yes she got hired lol)

Interview Questions

• Have you ever disagreed with a policy and how did you work around it?   Answer Question

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountlake Terrace, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross (Mountlake Terrace, WA).

Interview

First a technical phone interview followed by in-person interactive technical interview by two or more "peers" followed by in-person interview with two potential managers. Peers asked relevant questions to evaluate my background and current abilities.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I had any ambitions to moving to management at some point.   Answer Question

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountlake Terrace, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross (Mountlake Terrace, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a pleasant, timely, well-organized and well-executed experience. The recruiter and interviewers were very warm and welcoming throughout the entire hiring process, making me feel quite comfortable in interacting with them and answering their questions.

After seeing the job announcement on LinkedIn, I sent the recruiter an email to find out more about the position. She called me very soon after that and conducted a telephone candidate screen while providing me with more information about the position and the company. She arranged a telephone interview with the hiring manager about a day later. Soon thereafter the recruiter called me to arrange face-to-face interviews with several of the company's HR professionals with whom I would be working if I got the job. I spent most of a day participating in individual and group interviews, during which time the HR team shared a lot of information on the company and the role that the HR team played in supporting the organization. The final round of interviews took place a few days later when I interviewed individually with the executives and senior leaders whom I would support if hired. A short time after that I received the job offer from the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• No specific question comes to mind, but most of the questions were open-ended, behaviorally based questions to find out more about my background relevant to the position, as well as how I had resolved work-related issues and challenges in the past. Some of the questions were challenging, but there were no "gotcha" or off-the-wall questions.   Answer Question

Business Continuity Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross (Seattle, WA) in December 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews after submitting my resume through their website, followed by a day of interviewing with the teams this position would be supporting as well as the overseeing director.

Interview Questions

• What are some things you would change about your leadership style? Leadership weaknesses?

What are some things you think make a good leader?

Tool experience? (SQL, Excel, Sharepoint, etc.)

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountlake Terrace, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross (Mountlake Terrace, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy a phone interview and then a face 2 face interview with two supervisors. There was a conditional offer based upon a background check and a long survey about prior work history and potential conflict of interest questions.
    I waited about a week for a confirmation and final offer. The communication was very timely and hr bent over backwards to send us everything we would need for our first day.

Interview Questions

• Tell about how you solved a challenge at work and what was the outcome.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Its non negotiable.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross (Seattle, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

Submitted online application. Received email reply from HR Recruiter same day. Screening phone call with Recruiter within a week of applying. Invited to Mountlake Terrace headquarters for in person interview a couple weeks later. Interviewed with 4 potential peers, one on one, plus an unscheduled interview with another department head. About to leave and recruiter said VP would also make time to talk with me. Spent most of a day there. Recruiter followed up with me about a week later and said the position had been cancelled.

Interview Questions

• Some were very casual conversations about the role, my skills and experience and the fit. Some were awkward, asking cliche and outdated questions like what's your best strength and weakness, what's not on your resume that I should know...interviewer wasn't prepared to discuss the position.   Answer Question

Enrollment Analyst (Contracted) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross (Seattle, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

Asked previous experiences, did couple computer proficiency tests, they performed a background check, asked about how much background information I had with Premera. The interview process went by pretty quickly. Interview to hiring took a total of 1-3weeks