Preqin Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Preqin Research Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Preqin

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Preqin (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process was extremely unprofessional. I had been connected with Preqin's recruiter through a career fair at my university. When I went in for the interview, the recruiter and another employee would not stop asking me about colleagues of mine that they had also spoken to at the event. Other than that, they had me take an assessment exam with questions relating to financial analysis, as well as a write-up portion.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Preqin

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Preqin (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Started with an initial phone call going through resume, skills and why you want to work for the company. if that goes well then they will schedule an in house interview with 3 people. They ask you about your work experience for 15 mins and general questions then 45 minute assessment on basic maths and writing.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 3 years
      why preqin?
      What do you know about alternative assets
      What do you know about Private Equity   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Preqin in June 2015.

Interview

Three rounds. First round is a phone interview. If you pass this, you move to the two in-person interviews. The first in person interview includes a short 20 minute exam. If you pass this, you move to round three, which is the last of the interviews. This is usually with the head of research.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions, basically looking to review your background, why you want to work for the company, career interests, etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Preqin (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Was referred by a friend. Got the initial 15 minute phone screen. This was exactly like all the other Glassdoor reviews. Then was invited for an in-office interview. Met with 3 professionals that asked me all the questions that were posted on Glassdoor previously (i.e. where do you see yourself in 5 years, what do you know about alternative assets, etc.). There was also a basic assessment after the interview testing basic math skills. Was invited for final round interview but did it over Skype because I was still in school, and it was more of the same. The people were very friendly, but everything on Glassdoor will help you with the interview. And the reviews from company employees were pretty spot on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Preqin (New York, NY).

Interview

I read all the negative Glassdoor reviews but really wanted a job in the city so I went through with the interview. The guys that interviewed me did NOT seem like nice people. There was an air of hostility in the whole office environment. There was a really basic test at the end that even a 5th grader can pass. Not sure why they make candidates do it because it was so basic that it was insulting.

WARNING: the title “research analyst” is misleading. This place is more like a data entry/call center. It will not provide you with any skill sets to get a job in finance. The job posters should change the name and not waste someone’s time.

I’m so glad I don’t work here. When I was job searching I might have accepted an offer because it’s hard to find a job in the city. As other posters have said, keep applying. And if you really need to pay the bills, then get a retail/waiter job and keep applying to other jobs. This place isn’t worth and won’t help you get another job in finance.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Preqin (London, England (UK)) in September 2012.

Interview

Phone conversation followed by interview with HR. 2nd round is a panel interview with 3 managers. About 1 hour each. Questions are general and not particularly intense. Little on problem solving and maths/logic puzzles. A 30 minute test with some questions involving %'s and summarising a paragraph. Not hard.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Preqin.

Interview

Pretty standard, Was given a phone interview to gauge my interest in the role. A week later, was invited to go down to the office for another interview. Questions were quite standard, was not caught off guard by most of them. Questions were also asked to gauge my personality and whether I was a good fit for the role and company.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Preqin (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied through Reed, got an email within days. First round interview with three analysts ran through CV, research skills, phone skills and knowledge of alternative assets. After the interview had to do a test which included very basic maths and short writing peices. Got invited to a second round interview within days for the following week. Was with three senior people, again running through skills and aspirations.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Preqin (London, England (UK)).

Interview

applied via reed and got invited with in 5 days. Interview was with 2 team managers, very friendly, general questions about previous experience, then interview was followed by a written assessment with a maths part but only % GCSE level and 2 texts had 2 be summarised.

Interview Questions

• "What do you know about private equity"
      In general it was avery pleasant interview and not difficult, however I could have needed more time for the assessment.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied on-line within a few days invited to a first interview. Interview was basic questions about past experience and skills ect. Followed by a test. Very easy and straight forward. Got an offer for a second interview the same day. The second interview was with 3 hiring managers, very strange interview, hardly any questions asked of me, spoken at about the different departments. Told I would hear within a few days. Over a week, and 3 emails from me I finally got a response and feedback which didn't even sound like my interview. But the person relying this information wasn't sure. I didn't get the offer, but I found Preqin to be very unprofessional in handling this process and would not want to work for them after this.