Press Ganey Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Press Ganey Interview Questions

Updated Dec 20, 2016

2.9

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Press Ganey (South Bend, IN) in February 2014.

Interview

My process went as follows: submitted application online, received an invitation to interview, started with video interviews (which were kind of awkward!), then panel interview with six Press Ganey representatives.

Interview Questions

• Very basic interview questions. Be prepared with examples of how you've handled various scenarios in the past.   Answer Question

Phone Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Press Ganey (South Bend, IN) in January 2013.

Interview

In person interview 1
    In person interview 2
    Background check
    Drug test
    Hired
    My only complaint was the company they used for the background check. They called me over 10 times to ask the exact same question. They also harassed my references (who were professionals) and made me look bad to my references.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job?
      What do you think you can add to Press Ganey?
      1 Answer

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Press Ganey (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

A phone screen was conducted first, followed by a one-way recorded video interview. Following that were several phone conversations with the hiring manager and finally several in-person interviews with various people in the company.

Interview Questions

• Work history, many 'getting to know you' questions to determine if drive and personality are a good fit for the position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

An offer was presented, I asked for a few items which some were provided, some were not.

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Press Ganey (South Bend, IN) in January 2013.

Interview

Very drawn out - you won't get a call back from a recruiter unless someone internally tells them to reach out to you - someone like the hiring manager. Plan on the process taking at least two months. Probably the biggest frustration is they don't manage your expectations throughout the process. They may call you back in a day, week or month. You really never know where you stand with them. And base salary is not negotiable. I think they realize that their name is a big advantage for your career advancement, so they leverage that.

Interview Questions

• Behavior-based - tell about a time when...
      Also asked "are you more of a strategic thinker or detail-oriented?" Loaded question - they want both!
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Press Ganey (South Bend, IN) in April 2014.

Interview

Started as an intern, then got referred by an employee. I thought the interview process was pretty standard. Initial phone interview, then two weeks later a panel style interview. Felt pretty intimidated because I was interviewed by 2 panels, both times just reading from a sheet of provided questions. The panel interviews were 30-45 mins each, with repetition since I don't think they communicated which group was going to ask which questions. Interview could have been more organized.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when...
      How would you deal with a certain situation if it came up...
      Answer Question

Managing Engagement Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Press Ganey (Charlotte, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with a lot of people who at times asked the same questions. The process was pretty drawn out as I had phone interviews and onsite interviews and a presesntation. However, the overall experience was good.

Senior Product Analyst, Physician Engagement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Press Ganey (Charlotte, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted about a week after applying online to set up a phone interview with the VP for the following week. I spoke with the VP as he told me how great I was and how I had relevant experience for the position. a three months later and still no response to inquiry about the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Press Ganey.

Interview

I was contacted 2-3 weeks after applying to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was with a young HR rep who was nice enough but clearly just reading off a list of basic questions and typing my answers. Not a lot of interaction. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes, and the HR rep said she would be sending the info to management who would then make decisions about candidates to invite to in-person interviews. She said that she would be in contact within a week to notify me whether or not I would advance to the next round. After two weeks of not hearing anything, I reached out to her to ask whether the position had been filled or if she had any updates, but it has been a week and I have still not heard back.

The experience has been very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview questions were pretty standard. Mostly about experience dealing with clients.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Press Ganey in February 2014.

Interview

Terrific communication. Relaxed interviewing atmosphere. Friendly and easy to talk with. Discussed company culture, history and future. A great company and wonderful team of people. It would be an honor to be part of such a great company.

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Press Ganey (South Bend, IN) in January 2013.

Interview

They first conduct a telephone interview and then select people to come into the office and meet with all of the account management team managers and one person from HR (usually the person who you did the phone interview with) who need people/are short people on their team. After the interview the managers meet to discuss pros and cons of each potential employee and argue over who gets who on what team. Most account mangers last less than one year before moving to another company. The account management position has a very high turnover rate. During the interview the managers take turns reading from a paper of preexisting behavioral interview questions, each then take notes to aid them in their discussions and decision making process later. This is a process driven company and they have a specific process to follow for every task, including very heavy documentation and checklists to complete for EVERY process. They like details and are looking for very detail oriented people.

Interview Questions

• This is a pretty straight forward behavioral interview. Just look up behavioral interviewing on the web if you are unsure or have not participated in a behavioral interview, and you'll be good to go.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They do not negotiate salary with account managers. It is a take it or leave it job offer, and that is a company wide thing in the account management department.