Press Ganey Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Press Ganey Interview Questions

Updated Jun 1, 2017

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Press Ganey (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone Screen by someone on the recruiting team. If that goes well, then it will be followed by an in person interview with a specific department head. Questions were all behavioral (No case type questions). Interested in past experience and how it will fit into the specific role. Once I received the offer letter, I had to complete a drug screen and a background check.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be be a good fit in this role?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I think the salary for undergraduate interns is pretty strictly $15 an hour. I did not try to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Press Ganey (South Bend, IN) in December 2014.

Interview

There were 3 over the phone interviews. The first was with HR and it was a basic interview discussing the company and skills that are necessary for the position. An additional interview was conducted with the VP of Account Management to assess skillset. Lastly, there was a peer interview that confirmed the applicants ability to fit in with the team

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made an error with a customer and how did you resolve the issue   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very simple

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Press Ganey (South Bend, IN) in October 2009.

Interview

I applied by submitting my resume through Monster. No response, but I didn't give up because I thought I seemed like a really good fit for the job. A couple weeks later, I tried again, and this time received a phone call from HR. We did a phone screen, and then later then brought me in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• If you weren't working in this field, what would be your dream job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. I wish that I would have; I know others that did.

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Press Ganey (South Bend, IN) in July 2009.

Interview

the interview processed has changed several times over the past two years

Negotiation

there is no negotiating salary

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Press Ganey (Lexington, MA) in June 2011.

Interview

It is composed of the usual phone screens. The next step is a face to face where the candidate is evaluated for basic development skills and personality fit for the intended team.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your weaknesses and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pretty much take it or leave it. At the time, I felt that this was the best group of people that I had met during the job search process, the company was doing exciting things so I chose to sacrifice a little money for the expected enjoyment of my work life.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Press Ganey.

Interview

Panel style interview. More like an interrogation and intimidation. Ridiculous. Heard they do not do these any more, but still tag team you with 3 or 4 people.

Interview Questions

• You have 5 minutes to get as much information about the prospect next to you and then present this person to the group.   Answer Question

Not enough pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Press Ganey (South Bend, IN) in October 2014.

Interview

There was a video interview, followed by in person interviews. The interviews weren't bad, but the video one was pretty weird and a little awkward. I was told by a friend who is currently an Account Manager, to apply for the position. Although he was always stressed out and venting about the high volumes of work, he always said they had good benefits and there is room to grow there.

I got offered a position starting at 38K annually, eligible for yearly raises, and thought it was a joke. For the amount of work that they seem to do, that is not worth the work. I would be taking a major pay cut, so in the end, I had to decline.

Interview Questions

• It was pretty straight-forward. They asked for examples of times when I've had to do this or that. Typical   Answer Question

Pay was far too low.

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Press Ganey (South Bend, IN) in January 2013.

Interview

They first conduct a telephone interview and then select people to come into the office and meet with all of the account management team managers and one person from HR (usually the person who you did the phone interview with) who need people/are short people on their team. After the interview the managers meet to discuss pros and cons of each potential employee and argue over who gets who on what team. Most account mangers last less than one year before moving to another company. The account management position has a very high turnover rate. During the interview the managers take turns reading from a paper of preexisting behavioral interview questions, each then take notes to aid them in their discussions and decision making process later. This is a process driven company and they have a specific process to follow for every task, including very heavy documentation and checklists to complete for EVERY process. They like details and are looking for very detail oriented people.

Interview Questions

• This is a pretty straight forward behavioral interview. Just look up behavioral interviewing on the web if you are unsure or have not participated in a behavioral interview, and you'll be good to go.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They do not negotiate salary with account managers. It is a take it or leave it job offer, and that is a company wide thing in the account management department.

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Press Ganey in February 2014.

Interview

Terrific communication. Relaxed interviewing atmosphere. Friendly and easy to talk with. Discussed company culture, history and future. A great company and wonderful team of people. It would be an honor to be part of such a great company.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Press Ganey.

Interview

I was contacted 2-3 weeks after applying to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was with a young HR rep who was nice enough but clearly just reading off a list of basic questions and typing my answers. Not a lot of interaction. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes, and the HR rep said she would be sending the info to management who would then make decisions about candidates to invite to in-person interviews. She said that she would be in contact within a week to notify me whether or not I would advance to the next round. After two weeks of not hearing anything, I reached out to her to ask whether the position had been filled or if she had any updates, but it has been a week and I have still not heard back.

The experience has been very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview questions were pretty standard. Mostly about experience dealing with clients.   Answer Question