Price Chopper Supermarkets (NY) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 5, 2017

1.9

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oswego, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Price Chopper Supermarkets (NY) (Oswego, NY).

Interview

I did the interview online and got a call about a week later for a interview. I came in and the lady interviewed me and said there was 4 departments needing people and I said I was interested in 3/4 and she wanted me to meet with the Deli Supervisor the next day. I came in and waited and eventually met the Supervisor and everything seemed great. The interviewer called me 2 days later to tell me they chose another candidate

RMA Co Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schenectady, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Price Chopper Supermarkets (NY) (Schenectady, NY).

Interview

Recruiter Reached Out, Had a 20 minute phone interview. Then was invited to head quarters for a 2 hour panel interview with 6 different managers, from different levels and sectors of the company. Questions were not difficult and treated interview as a discussion opposed to a interview where you are grilled with questions.

Interview Questions

• Being that you have no solid work experience, how do you feel about working Overnight, Mid Morning, or any time of day because our business runs 24 hours?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Price Chopper Supermarkets (NY) (Canton, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of 3 people and myself in a tiny space at the front of the store, it was not very private. The three people that were included were the store manager, the assistant store manager and the Pharmacist. The questions were quite normal beginning with questions about my background, why I chose to apply to Price Chopper, behavioral questions etc. Overall it was a pleasant interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you perform customer service, and how important is it to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Clifton Park, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Price Chopper Supermarkets (NY) (Clifton Park, NY).

Interview

I put in an application online, went through an online test in basic calculation and thinking skills, went into the store and asked for an interview and was given the job basically on the spot. No real interview questions, no time at all to wait, all I had to do was give them my availability and personal information for their records and I was given the job

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrington, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Price Chopper Supermarkets (NY) (Torrington, CT) in April 2016.

Interview

Walk in, sat at a table, answered a few questions on basic ability, talked about my family, and was hired then and there. Nothing really difficult, actually much simpler than I expected.

Interview Questions

• Do I have reliable transportation?   1 Answer

Baker Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Price Chopper Supermarkets (NY) (South Burlington, VT) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straight-forward. I went to a 1 on 1 with the HR lady, got asked a few questions, and then was offered the job. There was no drug test involved.

Sample and Sales Demonstrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrington, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Price Chopper Supermarkets (NY) (Torrington, CT) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was about thirty minutes long. The Hiring manager took the time to get to know me as a person. In doing so, she found a position in the store that she thought would be the perfect fit for me. I originally applied to be a cashier, but after speaking with her she decided that I would be perfect as a product and sample demonstrator. I expressed an interest in cooking, and that is what decided it for both she and I. I am very excited, and was offered the position before leaving the room.

Staff Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Price Chopper Supermarkets (NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Met at local Price Chopper with a Pharmacy Specialist (district manager). He was rather cold and unwelcoming and it seemed he was quite irritated to be doing an interview in the first place. He asked maybe 6 questions, but he seemed more interested in finding out the metrics (volume, MTM rates, vaccination we provide) than learning about me as a candidate. At interview end, he told me a specific date I'd hear back from him. Needless to say that date came and went with no call or email. I waited 7 full days, then emailed an inquiry. 2 days later he responded. I did not get the job, but in hindsight I really wouldn't want this guy for a boss.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about your job?
      What is one thing you really dislike about your job?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Price Chopper Supermarkets (NY) (Binghamton, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

You're called in to the HR room and asked questions by the supervisor of one of the departments. They ask you a series of questions like work experience, hours willing to work, and what you'd like to be paid. They're front end department was full but they offered a spot in the bakery department which is really understaffed.

Anonymous Employee in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Price Chopper Supermarkets (NY) (Binghamton, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Simple behavioral interview. Applied online, got a call a month later. Came in for an interview, only about 15 minutes long. Basic questions, friendly manager conducted the interview, relaxed environment. Offered me the job on the spot, sent me information and paperwork to complete the process later that day. Orientation and training started the next week.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question