Priceline.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 14, 2017

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Priceline.com in December 2016.

Interview

A phone call was setup by recruiter with the technical guys. It was an intense interview . They grilled me on basic concepts of core java.It surely is not a typical phone interview. Only a guy who has some real programming experience could answer those questions.

I was called for onsite interview. Flight and hotel expenses has been taken care off. I was flown in the day before the interview. The interview was for about 4 hour 45 minutes.

The first 15 minutes is HR asking my background. All the rounds from here on has two interviewers.

First Round: It was for about 90 minutes. Web services, Spring, Core java, White board coding. Average difficulty. I managed well except for a couple of questions. I did well.

Second Round: It was for about one hour. Informal interview. Took out for lunch. No technical questions.

Third Round: It was for about one hour. Two interviewers. I think they are hiring managers and are the same people who took my phone interview. The interviewers were extremely knowledgeable. This round is not about specifically any thing but my overall application development knowledge was thoroughly tested. I did poorly in this round and my knowledge was clearly exposed. I felt that there is no way you could prepare for this specific kind of interview Only the knowledge one has built on really working on application development over a period of time helps. Every question requires coding on whiteboard.

Fourth Round: It was for about one hour. How do you perform validations? How do you trace a bug in production environment?etc. and few other questions that do not have any specific answer. I did OK in this interview. I was already down because of the previous round.

The very next day I got the standard reply that I was not selected. But I am happy with the interview process. I was given a fair chance to show my skills and I did not meet their expectations.

Undefined Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Priceline.com.

Interview

I was referred by a good friend of mine. I didn't hear anything from them for the first 2 week after my profile submission, but the process runs very quickly after that. I met some of the most incredible and smart people at Priceline during my interviews. They are very friendly, and smart! They are good at recognizing amazing talents and would like to retain and/or find how to make things work for both the company and its employees. I hope to work for Priceline in the future.

Interview Questions

• Management style, biggest career accomplishments, and also technical backgrounds on development, software, database, data warehouse.   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Priceline.com (Norwalk, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

Very rude and opinionated. One phone interview followed by face to face interview by 6 people, another phone interview by hiring manager and final interview with Sr. executive in technology and three others like a group panel interview People were so rude checking their phones and laptops during interview walking out to take up calls in between. HR team is very friendly and good thru out the process.

Interview Questions

• What are the types of roles in a software project, how one computer talk to another computer :)   Answer Question

Customer Care Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Priceline.com.

Interview

Lengthy, antiquated and gives insight into the company in a bad way. I submitted for this role end of December and had an initial call with HR that was brief about my background. The second call was with the hiring manager and was more personable. Next, was an interview process involving eight people, asking the same questions about my background then leading off into more personable questions. Only one of the interviews seemed to be prepared but, that same person gave off an air that they were arrogant. The rest rambled on about current events, sports, their role and other irrelevant things that were not about the position. This lasted for four hours, aside from the fact of the hour plus commute from the city. Most of the interviewers focused on my commute up to the office, which shows they have a problem retaining talent due to the location.

After numerous follow ups with HR for several weeks and receiving generic responses stating they'd get back to me at x date, I gave up. I feel my time was disrespected, they had no vision of the direction they want to go on and they are stuck in a mindset that they can afford to wait for the perfect candidate in their eyes.

Interview Questions

• If you were an ice cream flavor, what kind would you be?   1 Answer

Manager, People Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Priceline.com (Norwalk, CT) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with the recruiter and an in person with the recruiter, VP of HR, and the self identified "mayor" aka Director of External Reporting - each for 45 minutes.

The mayor spent 30 minutes talking about finishing a project before she can work in Amsterdam for 6 months. She went into great logistical detail about turning her 2 bedroom condo into a 1 bedroom condo and locking her things up so she can rent it out. She was concerned that someone wouldn't want to rent it out for 6 months. She also doesn't believe she should pay for her rent while working in Amsterdam and wants the company to pick up that bill. A fellow colleague is currently going through internal mobility so she is hoping he can give her some answers. For the last 15 minutes she asked if I had questions, I attempted to steer the conversation back to the role and given her finance background, I asked about one of the role objectives, equality in gender pay. She went on for 15 minutes about there not being a problem and she is a very good negotiator. She believes Priceline pays well and went on for a few minutes about waiting for the current controller to leave or retire before she can get promoted.

After that interview I waited 1.5 weeks with follow up emails just to get ghosted. The recruiting coordinator sent me 2 system Jobvite rejection notices for the wrong job as well as sent me an email and referenced the wrong job.

Training and Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Priceline.com (Norwalk, CT) in January 2017.

Interview

Received an email to set up a phone interview in mid December with HR. Following week received an email for a phone interview with Hiring Manager. Two weeks later got an email for an in person interview. After a three hour in person interview (I met with all team members and was invited to participate in a 30 minute brainstorm session with the team), I was told I would hear from HR within 2 weeks. Never received a response

Learning and Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Priceline.com (Norwalk, CT) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a long interview. This was an interview where they don't really care about getting to know you but how fast and well you can answer difficult or curveball questions. They had me create an imaginary itinerary which was extremely time consuming and was not even discussed during the interview- the woman just took it.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Priceline.com (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied Online. 10 min recruiter call then phone round. Phone round was terrible. The interviewers were not letting me complete my answers! All the exact questions as specified in some of the other reviews on Glassdoor, were asked. But, the interviewers were rude and very unprofessional. They are basically a Java shop and need someone who has memorized all the internals of Java. Need textbook definitions else they'll say your answer is wrong. They asked me about HashMap chaining and I said "...after hashing, we find an index and have a linked list in each index to handle any collisions. Then I iterate through the linked list and find the element needed." She said no, that not how you do it, you have to use the equals() method! At this point, I got furious as it was almost the 10th time she interrupted me and didn't let me finish. At one point I ended up saying "If you interrupt me, then I can know how much you know, if not, you can know how much I know" and she still didn't stop. I'm glad I got out of this mess. I wonder what I would do if I ended up getting a job here. Very unprofessional and rude. She even asked me how I got my present job as I was working for the Big 4 in the Bay area. I ended the interview to save some self respect and I was in shock for about 1 hour after the interview.

Priceline should seriously consider training their interviewers in communication skills, interviewer skills and most importantly some politeness. YOU CANNOT GET SOMEONE TO JOIN YOUR COMPANY IF YOUR INTERVIEWERS "YELL" AT INTERVIEWEES IN AN INTERVIEW.

My advice to people applying here, please please please save yourself some time and self respect and go apply elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• final, static, polymorphism, abstract classes, HashMaps, Multithreading, Blocking Queue, Interfaces, JVM Internals, Heaps.   2 Answers

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Priceline.com in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online in Priceline.com, got e-mail invitation of the phone interview by HR in around one week. Scheduled an initial phone screen with that HR. The HR asked me about why I apply and the salary range I desire. Then she scheduled an 30 mins phone interview for me with the hiring manager/ potential boss of this position for 3 days later.

Hiring manager was very nice. Ask me about the background, working experience, and let me describe a project I used to do. She go over the basic description of the job, and team environment. Then she give me chance to ask her question.

Get the rejection e-mail at the same day. Asked for some feedback but got no response. Overall experience is positive. At least they are in high efficiency and did not waste time.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Priceline.com.

Interview

One HR round, one telephonic round.

HR was not very responsive from the beginning. Telephonic technical round was conducted by 3 people. CS 101 though really intriguing. Even if you have not worked on something/dont know something, they will keep on asking the same question. I felt like disconnecting the call in between. The interview was conducted for one and half hour. It was really long. I did not get a good feel from this interview. The interviewers were really mean and overall culture did not seem good. Not a good fit for me! Prepare really well for all the basic CS fundamentals. Collections, sorting, complexity, what if questions, be prepared to give lots of examples, even the basic advantages of JAVA - inheritance, composition, polymorphism, abstract/interface, threading, jvm, static, exception handling.