Priceline.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 27, 2017

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Priceline.com in December 2016.

Interview

A phone call was setup by recruiter with the technical guys. It was an intense interview . They grilled me on basic concepts of core java.It surely is not a typical phone interview. Only a guy who has some real programming experience could answer those questions.

I was called for onsite interview. Flight and hotel expenses has been taken care off. I was flown in the day before the interview. The interview was for about 4 hour 45 minutes.

The first 15 minutes is HR asking my background. All the rounds from here on has two interviewers.

First Round: It was for about 90 minutes. Web services, Spring, Core java, White board coding. Average difficulty. I managed well except for a couple of questions. I did well.

Second Round: It was for about one hour. Informal interview. Took out for lunch. No technical questions.

Third Round: It was for about one hour. Two interviewers. I think they are hiring managers and are the same people who took my phone interview. The interviewers were extremely knowledgeable. This round is not about specifically any thing but my overall application development knowledge was thoroughly tested. I did poorly in this round and my knowledge was clearly exposed. I felt that there is no way you could prepare for this specific kind of interview Only the knowledge one has built on really working on application development over a period of time helps. Every question requires coding on whiteboard.

Fourth Round: It was for about one hour. How do you perform validations? How do you trace a bug in production environment?etc. and few other questions that do not have any specific answer. I did OK in this interview. I was already down because of the previous round.

The very next day I got the standard reply that I was not selected. But I am happy with the interview process. I was given a fair chance to show my skills and I did not meet their expectations.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Priceline.com in January 2016.

Interview

I just did a phone interview. The questions seemed easy but I didn't pass the next stage. The interviewer was really nice and friendly. It took a total of 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What is your work experience and why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Priceline.com (Norwalk, CT) in June 2016.

Interview

Some basic questions and intial phone screening and later you will get a call from the HR to schedule an inperson interview
    Interview will be of 3 rounds
    which has 2 technical and one non technical
    techincal will be taken by very senior people of the company and will a white board test.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Priceline.com.

Interview

One HR round, one telephonic round.

HR was not very responsive from the beginning. Telephonic technical round was conducted by 3 people. CS 101 though really intriguing. Even if you have not worked on something/dont know something, they will keep on asking the same question. I felt like disconnecting the call in between. The interview was conducted for one and half hour. It was really long. I did not get a good feel from this interview. The interviewers were really mean and overall culture did not seem good. Not a good fit for me! Prepare really well for all the basic CS fundamentals. Collections, sorting, complexity, what if questions, be prepared to give lots of examples, even the basic advantages of JAVA - inheritance, composition, polymorphism, abstract/interface, threading, jvm, static, exception handling.

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Priceline.com (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online, got a call back to discuss the position in more detail. Then came a technical call with one of the lead frontend developers. We had a short technical talk followed by some javascript-specific coding questions using the collaborate mode on jsfiddle, and one simple coding problem to solve.

After that they brought me in for an in-person interview; they reserved me a hotel for the night since I live about 4 hours away!

The in-person interview involved 3 separate rounds, the first two each consisted of 3 other developers interviewing me and the final one was with a pm. I was asked to solve 3 coding problems involving manipulation of strings and javascript objects / json.

The interview process required very specific javascript knowledge, to a deeper extent than most other interviews I've done. That didn't seem difficult to me but I'd say it was more technical than average for a front end developer position.

Everyone was very friendly, respectful, and knowledgeable and I was happy to accept their offer.

Interview Questions

• Several short but advanced questions about javascript variable scoping   Answer Question
    • Manipulate some json data to filer out some of the objects   Answer Question
    • Code some code that checks if any items in an array are greater than 10   2 Answers

Director, Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Priceline.com (Norwalk, CT) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with HR, phone interview with hiring manager, three in-person interviews. HR was very involved and helpful throughout process. People were friendly throughout but ultimately they went with a different candidate.

Interview Questions

• What does high availability mean?   1 Answer

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Priceline.com (Norwalk, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

Very rude and opinionated. One phone interview followed by face to face interview by 6 people, another phone interview by hiring manager and final interview with Sr. executive in technology and three others like a group panel interview People were so rude checking their phones and laptops during interview walking out to take up calls in between. HR team is very friendly and good thru out the process.

Interview Questions

• What are the types of roles in a software project, how one computer talk to another computer :)   Answer Question

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Priceline.com (Norwalk, CT) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online and within 3 weeks I received a call back. The recruiter asked me basic questions about work history and in 15 minutes we were setting up an official in office interview.

I met with the manager first for about 30 minutes. Then i met with two other members of the team for another 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Out of all the guests that stayed at the hotel you worked at which was the most memorable and why?
      Have you ever had to make a sales quota?   Answer Question

Customer Care Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Priceline.com.

Interview

Lengthy, antiquated and gives insight into the company in a bad way. I submitted for this role end of December and had an initial call with HR that was brief about my background. The second call was with the hiring manager and was more personable. Next, was an interview process involving eight people, asking the same questions about my background then leading off into more personable questions. Only one of the interviews seemed to be prepared but, that same person gave off an air that they were arrogant. The rest rambled on about current events, sports, their role and other irrelevant things that were not about the position. This lasted for four hours, aside from the fact of the hour plus commute from the city. Most of the interviewers focused on my commute up to the office, which shows they have a problem retaining talent due to the location.

After numerous follow ups with HR for several weeks and receiving generic responses stating they'd get back to me at x date, I gave up. I feel my time was disrespected, they had no vision of the direction they want to go on and they are stuck in a mindset that they can afford to wait for the perfect candidate in their eyes.

Interview Questions

• If you were an ice cream flavor, what kind would you be?   1 Answer

Training and Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Priceline.com (Norwalk, CT) in January 2017.

Interview

Received an email to set up a phone interview in mid December with HR. Following week received an email for a phone interview with Hiring Manager. Two weeks later got an email for an in person interview. After a three hour in person interview (I met with all team members and was invited to participate in a 30 minute brainstorm session with the team), I was told I would hear from HR within 2 weeks. Never received a response