Priceline.com Interview Questions in Norwalk, CT | Glassdoor

2.8

39 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Priceline.com (Norwalk, CT) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a short phone interview with HR initially. after that there was a video interview with the lead which was technical for about an hr. It was pretty straightforward and about core java( couple of questions about JVM heap space and Exceptions).

I drove down to Norwalk for face to face. The first interview was with couple of engineers of which one of them was too annoying. I tried to explain the complexity of the problem he gave but he was too uptight/dimwit to understand my explanation and rude. I mentioned a for loop inside a for is not always N^2 complexity, it will be N1*N2 where N1 is the iterations in the 1st for loop and N2 in the 2nd for loop(For ex, if N2=2 then the problem complexity is 2N1 i.e., linear). In my scenario N2 was variable and N1*N2 was turning out to be constant O(N). Anyway, I learned my lessons for a future interview.

The worse part was the HR sending a rejection email and not replying when asked for expenses. I ended up paying for the stay and travel myself. Like really, what would you gain out of saving 100-200 bucks ?. I am one who usually takes stuff in stride and not vent frustration but I thought at the end of it how they dealt with everything was pretty cheap

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Priceline.com (Norwalk, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

Very rude and opinionated. One phone interview followed by face to face interview by 6 people, another phone interview by hiring manager and final interview with Sr. executive in technology and three others like a group panel interview People were so rude checking their phones and laptops during interview walking out to take up calls in between. HR team is very friendly and good thru out the process.

Interview Questions

• What are the types of roles in a software project, how one computer talk to another computer :)   Answer Question

Manager, People Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Priceline.com (Norwalk, CT) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with the recruiter and an in person with the recruiter, VP of HR, and the self identified "mayor" aka Director of External Reporting - each for 45 minutes.

The mayor spent 30 minutes talking about finishing a project before she can work in Amsterdam for 6 months. She went into great logistical detail about turning her 2 bedroom condo into a 1 bedroom condo and locking her things up so she can rent it out. She was concerned that someone wouldn't want to rent it out for 6 months. She also doesn't believe she should pay for her rent while working in Amsterdam and wants the company to pick up that bill. A fellow colleague is currently going through internal mobility so she is hoping he can give her some answers. For the last 15 minutes she asked if I had questions, I attempted to steer the conversation back to the role and given her finance background, I asked about one of the role objectives, equality in gender pay. She went on for 15 minutes about there not being a problem and she is a very good negotiator. She believes Priceline pays well and went on for a few minutes about waiting for the current controller to leave or retire before she can get promoted.

After that interview I waited 1.5 weeks with follow up emails just to get ghosted. The recruiting coordinator sent me 2 system Jobvite rejection notices for the wrong job as well as sent me an email and referenced the wrong job.

Training and Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Priceline.com (Norwalk, CT) in January 2017.

Interview

Received an email to set up a phone interview in mid December with HR. Following week received an email for a phone interview with Hiring Manager. Two weeks later got an email for an in person interview. After a three hour in person interview (I met with all team members and was invited to participate in a 30 minute brainstorm session with the team), I was told I would hear from HR within 2 weeks. Never received a response

Learning and Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Priceline.com (Norwalk, CT) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a long interview. This was an interview where they don't really care about getting to know you but how fast and well you can answer difficult or curveball questions. They had me create an imaginary itinerary which was extremely time consuming and was not even discussed during the interview- the woman just took it.

Director, Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Priceline.com (Norwalk, CT) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with HR, phone interview with hiring manager, three in-person interviews. HR was very involved and helpful throughout process. People were friendly throughout but ultimately they went with a different candidate.

Interview Questions

• What does high availability mean?   1 Answer

Senior Software QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Priceline.com (Norwalk, CT) in August 2016.

Interview

I got a call from HR and then I was scheduled for technical phone screening. After 4 days I got invited to attend and onsite interview. Onsite interview took 1 day and I had 4 rounds of interview. I was exhausted by the end.he technical round consisted of logical problems and technical problems. I was give a laptop to explain the program and also to write simple code. The staff was very friendly and showed me around the office.After the interview I was told by HR that I will be contacted in a week as they had other candidates to interview and haven't heard since then.

Interview Questions

• Question were average and not very difficult like write a for loop to iterate on list.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Priceline.com (Norwalk, CT) in July 2016.

Interview

1st round: HR screening. 2nd round: Tech phone interview. 3rd round: on-site.
    After phone interview I waited about 1 month to proceed to the on-site round. HR just kept saying: still waiting for feedback.
    No algorithm questions during the entire process, which made me confused.
    The interview was not so difficult, but i just didn't get the offer.

Interview Questions

• Impl a stack using a queue; multi-thread related questions; Design patterns; etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Priceline.com (Norwalk, CT) in June 2016.

Interview

Some basic questions and intial phone screening and later you will get a call from the HR to schedule an inperson interview
    Interview will be of 3 rounds
    which has 2 technical and one non technical
    techincal will be taken by very senior people of the company and will a white board test.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Priceline.com (Norwalk, CT).

Interview

First a phone interview with multiple people, asking mostly CS101 questions. The recruiter got in touch immediately after the phone interview and scheduled an onsite interview. I had to do an online coding test before I came in: all questions can be found in Cracking the Coding Interview or any interview prep resource online.

The onsite started with the recruiter greeting me in the lobby of Priceline's office in Norwalk, CT. He was extremely friendly and made sure I had water, coffee, etc. There was a delay before the first round started because one of the interviewers wasn't in the office or available; seemed like something that should have been taken care of before I came in. A total of three engineers were present in the first round, two of whom were seemingly dragged into the interview unexpectedly. I was asked a few typical algorithm questions, as well as a SQL question. The interviewers seemed uninterested in interviewing me, and didn't voice any opinions on their work at Priceline; one of them was on his computer most of the time.

The second round was actually a great experience. I was asked to test a feature the engineers were currently working on. The two engineers who interviewed me were genuinely interested in the product, and made the interview emulate a conversation we would have if I actually worked at Priceline. I learned a lot about what my potential duties at Priceline would be, as well as the product itself.

Unfortunately, the third round robbed me of any positive thoughts I had about Priceline. The interviewer, who was a higher-up in the engineering department, immediately told me that he hadn't read my resume, and proceeded to ask me whether I was a programmer (a superficial glance at my resume, which was right in front of him, would have been able to answer that). I was taken aback as I do expect some preparation to occur on the end of the interviewer. The interviewer's brusqueness didn't end there: he cut me off whenever I would answer one of his questions (only one of which was technical, all others were brain teasers). The interviewer certainly seemed like he had some expertise in talking down to others, especially those with fewer years of experience.

After my onsite interview, I was told I would receive an answer in a week because they had other candidates to interview. I never heard back, despite several hours of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Look at Cracking the Coding Interview and tech interview resources across the web.   Answer Question