Primark Interview Questions in Birmingham, England | Glassdoor

Primark Interview Questions in Birmingham, England

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Primark (Birmingham, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back 2 weeks after (I'd nearly forgotten that I had applied for this) to come for an interview. Reached 10 mins earlier, and was directed to the staff's cafeteria to wait for the manager. Waited for around 5 mins, and the manager came and he was a friendly and cheerful guy. Asked for my passport and NI card to be photocopied, before starting the interview. The questions were quite easy and straightforward, mostly competency-based, and availability and all that. No store floor activities. Got a call back on wednesday (interview was on a friday) offering me an 8-hour weekend contract. Unfortunately my offer was withdrawn and put on hold as I could not make it for the induction; they were only having it for one day (and it was on a friday, though i was offered a weekend contract. Just thought it was weird).

Interview Questions

• A customer is searching for a dress that they saw from a display at the front of the store, but is unable to find it in her size. What do you do?   1 Answer
    • Why Primark?   Answer Question
    • What do you expect from this role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Primark (Birmingham, England (UK)).

Interview

I was really nervous but the Manager and staff were nice. I applied online, answered a few questions and uploaded my CV and cover letter. The following day I was invited to an interview in a couple days and was told to go to the customer service desk and bring some documents with me. The interview was one on one and I was given some scenarios and was asked some questions about my skills. It lasted about 15/20 mins.

Interview Questions

• A customer sees a dress on tv, what do you do?   1 Answer
    • A customer is in a rush and wants to try a dress on, but the fitting rooms are busy. What do you suggest she does?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • What relevant skills do you have?   Answer Question
    • What are you hoping to gain from this job?   Answer Question

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Primark (Birmingham, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online for the new store opening in Birmingham Fort for a weekend position. I was soon after invited for an interview. I received an email asking me to select a time slot for the interview. I actually missed the interview and wasn't expecting to hear back from Primark again. However, surprisingly, I received an interview email again a few weeks later. It was the same, asking me to select a time slot. This time I did attend. As it was a new store opening, it wasn't the same as standard interviews. We were given a presentation on Primark in a group. Then we were taken to a large room with several tables and managers where there were several interviews going on. The lady who interviewed me was very nice and I felt the interview went well even though I felt I could've done better. Two days later I received an email saying I've got the job! As the role covers many different positions, they've assigned me to cash desk, which I'm pleased with. I've only been contracted 4 hours which is a little disappointing however, I have another job alongside this and there's always overtime available so I accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I don't think there is room for negotiation yet however I am going to discuss my offer when I go to my induction in a few days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Primark (Birmingham, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online for the job and got an email the following day. They interview hotel the interview was very good as the manager was very calm and friendly therefore, manager helped whenever I got stuck with a question and helped through giving hints.

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Primark (Birmingham, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

easy, calm relaxed atmosphere. Person conducting the interview was very positive. Researched on glass door prior to the interview and most of the questions came up in the interview. Expected it to be more difficult

Interview Questions

• Why Primark, time when you faced a difficult customer, primark competitors (most on glass door)   Answer Question

Retail Operative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Primark (Birmingham, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was very simple and the interviewer made it feel like a normal conversation with one of my close friends. He was very friendly and understood that it was a nervous time for everyone.

Interview Questions

• Name primarks top competitors on the high street?   1 Answer