Prime 8 Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 3, 2017

3.4

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Prime 8 Consulting.

Interview

Typical interview process, started with recruiter phone screen, then hiring manager phone screen, then series of in-person interviews.

In a nutshell, they presented themselves much more positively than their subsequent actions proved them to be.

Extremely relaxed, respectful and "adult" process. I was only scheduled for 3 in-person interviews, and the entire loop only lasted 2 hours. I was told I was one of only three candidates and was feeling very enthusiastic about the job and the company. It felt like a great fit, and I don't believe either party had any red flags. I was told by the recruiter aterward that they'd know something by the end of the week.

After not hearing anything from anyone until late the following week, I finally emailed them asking where they were in the process. Several days after that I received the standard impersonal boilerplate rejection mail. I responded immediately requesting any feedback as to why I was rejected. There was no response to this mail.

In the interviews, a great deal of emphasis was placed on integrity, transparency, and "we do what we say we're going to do". It made me feel like a respected peer instead of just another faceless applicant, and I was very impressed by their seeming commitment to this philosophy. However, turned out it was just words, and their actions did not back up the claims. If indeed there were only three candidates being interviewed, they had no excuse. A week later the job was re-posted online at about half the original salary range.

It continually astounds me that most recruiters do not understand Business Relations 101. Put yourself in the shoes of the person on the other end. Don't leave people hanging. Do what you say you're going to do. If you can't do it, don't say it. Don't hide behind being "swamped", that's amateur hour.

It would have taken all of 5 minutes for Prime 8 to treat me with more respect, and instead they're getting this negative review out on Glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with fortune 500 companies? Because we're looking especially for that   1 Answer

Prime 8 Consulting Response

Nov 7, 2017 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are sorry to hear it was not a positive one. It is always our intention to ensure a strong candidate experience regardless of outcome, and we clearly... More

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prime 8 Consulting in February 2017.

Interview

Great process and everything was explained properly, recruiting was very professional. I met with Jason and Carl. Jason's interview was very difficult which was a real case study- make sure you know your stuff as he will probe and get deep on your responses. Carl was more about culture, and he very nice and professional.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Prime 8 Consulting (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

Talked with recruiter/HR on the phone. Came out in person for an interview. Waited nearly two weeks, and after not hearing anything (no calls, no emails), I emailed him. Got a reply saying that Im still in consideration for the role and they were planning on making a decision the following week. I waited another two weeks, after not hearing anything again, and emailed him again. He again said they hadnt made any decisions yet.

When you're out looking for a new role it's important to remember that while the company is interviewing you, you should also be interviewing the company. How are you treated? Is the company accountable? Do they value your time? Are they responsive? Do they do what they say they're going to do?

It's a matter of professionalism, and in this area Prime 8 failed.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Prime 8 Consulting.

Interview

Detailed, ask ton of questions, wanted to know areas of expertise, asked about past work at Microsoft, ask how I deal with clients and understanding of consulting toles. I enjoyed interviews and got hired.

Interview Questions

• Past expertise and personality type questions   1 Answer

Business Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Prime 8 Consulting (Bellevue, WA) in December 2015.

Interview

I walked into Prime 8 Consulting right out of college to see if they were hiring. When I asked if they hire college grads, the office manager went to get the Talent Acquisition Manager to talk to me even though I had no appointment. We talked and he stated he wanted to set up a more formal interview. We did, and I shared with him my consulting project from the University of Washington. He stated that my little work experience was unusual for a Prime 8 hire, but that he would work on convincing the directors. He got me another interview with another director, and then the CEO and COO interviewed me! It was an amazing experience, and after I was offered the job, the CEO and COO took me to lunch on my first day!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The recruiter asked me what my salary requirements were and gave my position. He claimed that that was too high, given my little experience. He then told me it would be closer to entry level, so I told him I would think about it and get back to him.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Prime 8 Consulting in November 2015.

Interview

Multi-tiered interview process. Including behavioral and case study. Definitely want to make sure they hire quality. Met multiple senior team leaders. Make sure you really can do what your resume says you can do. Nice people felt welcomed but challenged.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Prime 8 Consulting (Bellevue, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Initial phone screen to summarize background and experience, and describe the role and culture of the firm. Next was an in person interview with the HR/Recruiting person. This was a more in depth exploration of my specific project experience over the last few years.

Interview Questions

• What kind of projects do you find the most rewarding and interesting?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Prime 8 Consulting (Bothell, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

Spoke with the director on the phone, then met with the client at a coffee shop. Easy going, very transparent process, and was informed I got the job right away.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience, Strengths/weaknesses, interest in the role   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Prime 8 Consulting (Kirkland, WA) in December 2014.

Interview

Prime 8 seems like a wonderful company to work for, if only you can get them to respond. It took over four months, 8 emails, and pings from a client to get someone to respond back to me. After an initial one hour phone discussion with a recruiter, the next step was to measure fit with one of the other executives. This went well, and I provided some work samples on request. After this, I came in for yet another interview for a position they were staffing for--it's been about two weeks since that, with no updates. I followed up via email with the exec who I supplied the requested work samples to, and received the canned answer of "we're always looking for you but recommend everyone have 3-5 agencies they are working with". I was merely checking to ensure the info I provided fit their needs, not asking on job status.
    I'm disappointed in Prime 8 only because I've spent a good 10+ hours working through their process and providing them information they requested, only to get a vague "don't call us, we'll call you" response. Obviously they believe in fit and long term culture for their hires--I wish they had the resources to be just a little more on top of their hiring prospects.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Prime 8 Consulting (Kirkland, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

Recruiter called me, interviewed on the phone, came in for a 1:1 interview with a manager, meet some members of the team, did an interview with their client, had a background check

Negotiation

Very good, I had an offer from another company and I called Prime 8 to see if they could speed my review along and they came back with an offer late Friday afternoon (same day) which I could not turn down.