Prime 8 Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Prime 8 Consulting Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2017

3.5

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prime 8 Consulting in February 2017.

Interview

Great process and everything was explained properly, recruiting was very professional. I met with Jason and Carl. Jason's interview was very difficult which was a real case study- make sure you know your stuff as he will probe and get deep on your responses. Carl was more about culture, and he very nice and professional.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Prime 8 Consulting (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

Talked with recruiter/HR on the phone. Came out in person for an interview. Waited nearly two weeks, and after not hearing anything (no calls, no emails), I emailed him. Got a reply saying that Im still in consideration for the role and they were planning on making a decision the following week. I waited another two weeks, after not hearing anything again, and emailed him again. He again said they hadnt made any decisions yet.

When you're out looking for a new role it's important to remember that while the company is interviewing you, you should also be interviewing the company. How are you treated? Is the company accountable? Do they value your time? Are they responsive? Do they do what they say they're going to do?

It's a matter of professionalism, and in this area Prime 8 failed.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Prime 8 Consulting (Bellevue, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Initial phone screen to summarize background and experience, and describe the role and culture of the firm. Next was an in person interview with the HR/Recruiting person. This was a more in depth exploration of my specific project experience over the last few years.

Interview Questions

• What kind of projects do you find the most rewarding and interesting?   Answer Question

Business Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Prime 8 Consulting (Bellevue, WA) in December 2015.

Interview

I walked into Prime 8 Consulting right out of college to see if they were hiring. When I asked if they hire college grads, the office manager went to get the Talent Acquisition Manager to talk to me even though I had no appointment. We talked and he stated he wanted to set up a more formal interview. We did, and I shared with him my consulting project from the University of Washington. He stated that my little work experience was unusual for a Prime 8 hire, but that he would work on convincing the directors. He got me another interview with another director, and then the CEO and COO interviewed me! It was an amazing experience, and after I was offered the job, the CEO and COO took me to lunch on my first day!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The recruiter asked me what my salary requirements were and gave my position. He claimed that that was too high, given my little experience. He then told me it would be closer to entry level, so I told him I would think about it and get back to him.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Prime 8 Consulting in November 2015.

Interview

Multi-tiered interview process. Including behavioral and case study. Definitely want to make sure they hire quality. Met multiple senior team leaders. Make sure you really can do what your resume says you can do. Nice people felt welcomed but challenged.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Prime 8 Consulting.

Interview

Detailed, ask ton of questions, wanted to know areas of expertise, asked about past work at Microsoft, ask how I deal with clients and understanding of consulting toles. I enjoyed interviews and got hired.

Interview Questions

• Past expertise and personality type questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Prime 8 Consulting (Bothell, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

Spoke with the director on the phone, then met with the client at a coffee shop. Easy going, very transparent process, and was informed I got the job right away.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience, Strengths/weaknesses, interest in the role   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Prime 8 Consulting (Kirkland, WA) in December 2014.

Interview

Prime 8 seems like a wonderful company to work for, if only you can get them to respond. It took over four months, 8 emails, and pings from a client to get someone to respond back to me. After an initial one hour phone discussion with a recruiter, the next step was to measure fit with one of the other executives. This went well, and I provided some work samples on request. After this, I came in for yet another interview for a position they were staffing for--it's been about two weeks since that, with no updates. I followed up via email with the exec who I supplied the requested work samples to, and received the canned answer of "we're always looking for you but recommend everyone have 3-5 agencies they are working with". I was merely checking to ensure the info I provided fit their needs, not asking on job status.
    I'm disappointed in Prime 8 only because I've spent a good 10+ hours working through their process and providing them information they requested, only to get a vague "don't call us, we'll call you" response. Obviously they believe in fit and long term culture for their hires--I wish they had the resources to be just a little more on top of their hiring prospects.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Prime 8 Consulting (Kirkland, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

Recruiter called me, interviewed on the phone, came in for a 1:1 interview with a manager, meet some members of the team, did an interview with their client, had a background check

Negotiation

Very good, I had an offer from another company and I called Prime 8 to see if they could speed my review along and they came back with an offer late Friday afternoon (same day) which I could not turn down.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Prime 8 Consulting (Kirkland, WA) in November 2013.

Interview

I reached out to Prime8 and was immediately contacted for an interview. The interview process was great - conducted at Prime8's beautiful Carillon Point (Kirkland) offices, meeting with two Prime8 executives, combination of 'company fit' and client oriented questions, both Prime8 execs were prepared to answer my questions re Prime8, where the firm is headed, clients, growth opportunities, etc. All-all, a great interview process.

Prime8 followed up same-day as interviews with a 'thank-you for coming in' message. Nice touch!

I was offered a role, actually multiple roles, within one week of making initial contact with Prime8.

Onboarding was thorough and easy. The Prime8 HR/Ops team made onboarding easy - detailed information re medical/dental, 401k, FSA, required forms, email signatures, etc. was well communicated and the team walked me through the forms making the onboarding process painless.

Great work Prime8!

Interview Questions

• Consider me a new client and walk me through your project discovery process.   1 Answer