Find jobs for Human Resources Generalist

PrimeSource Building Products Human Resources Generalist Interview Questions

Updated May 4, 2016

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at PrimeSource Building Products

Interviews for Top Jobs at PrimeSource Building Products

Found 1 candidate interview
PrimeSource Building Products
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PrimeSource Building Products (United States) in May 2016

Interview

I was invited via email to complete a digital interview approximately five days after submitting an application. To clarify, a digital interview consists of answering questions directly to your camera. There is no interaction with an actual person. A few days after completing this part of the process, I was contacted by an individual who was either eating or chewing gum while asking if I would like to come in for an interview. I was provided very little information and had to ask whom I would be interviewing with at which point I was told the HR manager and the current HR generalist. I received a confirmation email from an internal recruiter that indicated I would be meeting with her and the person who initially called me, who turns out to be the current HR generalist. I'm not sure why she didn't just identify herself when she called me, but I digress. Concerned with this conflicting information and the fact that at no point had anyone asked if I had any questions about the role or the company, I decided to send over a partial list of preliminary questions I typically ask during a phone screen and requested that they provide additional information to help establish whether this was going to be an initial fit on my end. The recruiter refused to provide answers to any of the questions, even the most basic and told me that they would be covered when I came in and to let her know if I would like to withdraw from the process. I respectfully rescinded my acceptance to interview, as this showed inflexibility on their end and basically verified the negative Glassdoor reviews from people who currently work there. It's bad enough that they are conducting interviews in a way that potentially profiles protected classes, but to not be open to answering a candidate's questions prior to meeting shows a lack of engagement and understanding of recruiting best practices.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about the HR generalist experience from your last job.
    Answer Question