Primerica Account Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Primerica (Columbia, MD) in May 2009.

Interview

I was cold-called by a recruiter shortly after updating my Information on Monster.com. She claimed to have a position open that fit my needs and invited me to come to an interview. When I arrived at the interview, I was lead to a classroom with about fifty other people in it. My first indication that something was wrong was the fact that I was the only one in the room wearing a suit aside from the yes-man they had running the show. The guy sitting next to me was in a Ravens Jersey. It looked like they were just bringing people in off the street.

They showed us a video that made insultingly unrealistic promises about the advantages of working for Primerica and then handed out employment packages. When Yes-man finished the video he asked if there were any questions. I asked him to clarify that it was a multilevel marketing organization. He wouldn't give a straight answer. When I used the term "pyramid scheme" he became defensive and agitated. I then asked about the training fee, and why it was necessary. He suggested that I leave if I wasn't comfortable. I did, but made a big enough scene that about a dozen others followed me out.

Interview Questions

Primerica is a pyramid scheme, plain and simple. I'm not a sucker. The last straw was when they asked me to pony up $150 for training and recruiting costs. I walked out.