Primerica Financial Planner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Primerica

1.5

Financial Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Grove, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Primerica (Pleasant Grove, UT) in October 2010.

Interview

They were: Unprepared, Unprofessional, a Pyramid Scheme, Didn't know who I was despite they contacted me for an interview, A marketing scheme rather than interview. We will train you how to do the job.

They really did not have questions about my experience/talents, but more about my interest level to foster their company program to set up business. We will train you how to do the job.

1. Pyramid Scheme
2. Unprofessional all around
3. Makeshift office in a strip mall
4. No benefits, commission pay
5. did not match my career background, goals, or education

Other Interview Reviews for Primerica

Financial Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Primerica (Saint Paul, MN) in October 2017.

Interview

I would have a hard time calling this an interview. It was a sales presentation, because this company is a multi layer marketing campaign, or pyramid scheme. You are as much a customer as an employee. Bringing in more recruits under you is as important as selling their services, because you get a percentage of everything they sell. And all of this is supposed to come from your personal contacts. I went to one of their group meetings to get a feel for the culture and I couldn't run out the door fast enough afterwards. They are not experts on investing, none of them have a degree in finance. They have weird cult pep rallies with yelling and declaring they are on a crusade. Sorry, but I wouldn't trust you with a cent of my money, you have no clue what you're doing. I do believe their employees make good money though, which ticks me off because they are giving two bit advice and then tell themselves they are "helping" people. Yah, to the tune of 6 figures a year. The investment advice they give is under what you would get in a economics class in high school. And they do such a good job brainwashing that everyone there believed they were just helping the poor man out and all other financial planning companies were evil. After I went to this rally where they were all super pumped about being "winning" I had to be honest and let them know I wasn't interested. The guy then proceeded to try to sell me into staying, and nothing I said would get him to drop it. Then as I was starting to leave, he asked "how about we do a financial planning for you right now before you go?" Yeah, I have my own investments in the market right now bud, thanks. The whole experience was so, so greasy. I wonder if they disclaim to clients that there are risks to any investing, including a 401k? They probably don't even know. If you get a call from this company ever, just say no. In less of course you are able to convince yourself that you deserve 6 figures a year for telling people information they can find online in 10 minutes and enjoy preying on people who don't know better. /endrant

Interview Questions

• Do you understand the rule of 72?   1 Answer