Primerica Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 10, 2017

1.8

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Primerica in November 2017.

Interview

The interview was good learned a lot about the company and have a second meeting scheduled. I liked the platform and what security licenses I can obtain through this internship.

Reinsurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Primerica (Duluth, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

Three weeks after I applied for the position I was asked to interview the next day. I sat down with HR, someone from the department and their manager. Initially the questions, process and structure were fairly standard. When I met with the final manager I had a difficult time assessing the situation. I wasn't quite clear as to what direction she was going. She talked quite a bit considering it was an interview and her questions were vague. It felt a little like an interrogation that I just wanted to get out of after a while. I was also given a blanket response about timeline. The same day I was sent an email instructing me to contact references in preparation. After waiting the quoted two weeks I called HR, who didn't answer or return my call. The next day I was sent a generic email stating the position was filled. Ultimately, I'm glad that I didn't get this position. A company this size should be able to send out generic emails when the position is filled not just after contact is made to inquire. This was particularly irritating because I have good relationships with my references. Id like to let them know that another candidate was chosen and they will not be contacted.

Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Primerica (Alpharetta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a joke!!! Someone called and said he was looking for someone to help him hire and train people for the new offices he was planning to open.

he asked me if I could go that same day (note: he called at 1:30pm). I dropped what I was doing to go. I arrived earlier than expected and was told he would see me in 20 minutes. I waited almost 1 hour. When one woman came to the reception to get the person she would be talking to and asked me if I was X. I said yes and she asked me to follow her. She said she was the wife of the man that called me and would be talking to the 2 of us at the same time. I thought it was strange.

Well, the recruiting and hiring is BS. It's a pyramid scheme. You recruit and get people under you to sell whatever their products are.
    I did not stay any longer than 10 minutes into the interview. In that short amount of time she started telling us how they met, and got married and started their business, then she had to step out to go "get another person" she had to talk to. I could not believe how disrespectful, besides they lied to what they were looking for.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Interview

I received a call from a Primerica recruiter for job placement. During the conversation they advised they would be interested in meeting with me for an office Manager job. They also referred me to the companies website for more information. I scheduled the appointment. The recruiter asked me to bring a list of my references to the meeting.
    I located no Office Manager posting on the company's site. I called the recruiter for a copy of the job posting, receiving no return call.
    I also saw reviews on Glassdoor of issues where interviewers were interested in candidates reference lists for recruiting purposes.
    Too many red flags and no information on a supposed Manager position.

Interview Questions

• Bring my list of references to the meeting   1 Answer

Opportunity Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Primerica in April 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call from someone who found my resume on a job search website describing a great opportunity with a great company working in financial advising for the middle class. I'd already interviewed with Banker's and realized this line of work isn't for me but figured I'd go for an interview and see if this company did anything special. I received another job offer and decided to cancel my interview but I was never given a phone number or email address to contact.
    I received another phone call from the same person, who still didn't identify the company insisting that I still come in for an interview. I requested a morning appointment but was only offered noon (I understand why now after reading other reviews). I agreed to come in.
    As I was driving to the interview I was increasingly bothered by the fact that I didn't know what the company was and why would a recruiter insist on interviewing someone who didn't show for a scheduled interview. I Google searched the recruiters name and found out it was Primerica. I turned around immediately and went back home. I've been recruited for Primerica in the past and I know it's not for me.
    I received another call asking to reschedule followed by several texts that got increasingly unprofessional as I insisted that I've done my research on Primerica and I'm certain that this isn't the opportunity I'm looking for.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous employer?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Primerica.

Interview

Called me about opening new offices. I am not new to this company and asked what role and the Regional Vice President as they are calling their selves said management opportunities. I even mentioned that I dont want to do sales. I really wish these people would stop. I have asked them not to contact me.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worthington, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Primerica (Worthington, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted directly and was told that my profile was found on LinkedIn. I was skeptical from the start, but because I'm in the beginning stages of my job search I felt that the interview practice would be helpful. I scheduled a time to meet with the hiring manager. When I showed up, I was told to fill out a profile sheet and take a seat...with the three other people also interviewing. (second red flag: cattle call) I was called back and spent about a half hour listening to my interviewer tell me how much money I was going to make using their tried and true method of changing lives (read: using my personal network of friends and family to sell insurance products). I cut it short at minute 40 by explaining the the position - whatever it was - wasn't for me.

Interview Questions

• Lots of very sales-y questions...I got the very distinct impression that I was being sold on the job rather than being truly vetted out to see if I was a good fit. A pitch rather than an interview. the only questions I was asked were rhetorical: don't I want to help people have security? People are dumb, aren't they? There is a need for us to help people see that they need insurance, right? Etc...   4 Answers

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Primerica (Boca Raton, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I was called by the head of the branch at Congress telling me that he saw my resume online and believed i am a good fit and invited me to come in to discuss my options with him. We agreed on a time and date, when i got there i was told to fill out a pre screen interview form then directed to a conference room with others waiting. It turns out to be a presentation on the company and how you can be a part of it by "owning you own business". This screams multi level marketing from all angles and when i questioned it i was told its different. It was not, you are 100% responsible for your earning and benefits. Not for me, i can think of other business to start on my own than to join this one with recurring monthly fee. I wasn't interested and others walked away too.

Insurance Underwriting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Primerica (Duluth, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Met with HR hiring manager first then met with three managers from the department I would be working with. Discussed the company, the position, and work history. Everyone was very friendly and professional.

Underwriting Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Primerica (Duluth, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position online and was called into HQ for an interview a few weeks later. I interviewed with 3 managers who told me they just started the interview process and that it would take a few weeks for a decision. It has been about 3 months now with no feedback. I emailed HR stating that I understand if the position has been filled, however I would like some feedback as to why I was not chosen. I have never gotten a response from HR. I would be nice if they would provide feedback to candidates who request it.

Interview Questions

• what test results do you look for when determining if a patient with diabetes has their condition under control?   1 Answer