Primerica Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Primerica Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2017

1.8

Opportunity Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Primerica in April 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call from someone who found my resume on a job search website describing a great opportunity with a great company working in financial advising for the middle class. I'd already interviewed with Banker's and realized this line of work isn't for me but figured I'd go for an interview and see if this company did anything special. I received another job offer and decided to cancel my interview but I was never given a phone number or email address to contact.
    I received another phone call from the same person, who still didn't identify the company insisting that I still come in for an interview. I requested a morning appointment but was only offered noon (I understand why now after reading other reviews). I agreed to come in.
    As I was driving to the interview I was increasingly bothered by the fact that I didn't know what the company was and why would a recruiter insist on interviewing someone who didn't show for a scheduled interview. I Google searched the recruiters name and found out it was Primerica. I turned around immediately and went back home. I've been recruited for Primerica in the past and I know it's not for me.
    I received another call asking to reschedule followed by several texts that got increasingly unprofessional as I insisted that I've done my research on Primerica and I'm certain that this isn't the opportunity I'm looking for.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Primerica.

Interview

Called me about opening new offices. I am not new to this company and asked what role and the Regional Vice President as they are calling their selves said management opportunities. I even mentioned that I dont want to do sales. I really wish these people would stop. I have asked them not to contact me.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worthington, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Primerica (Worthington, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted directly and was told that my profile was found on LinkedIn. I was skeptical from the start, but because I'm in the beginning stages of my job search I felt that the interview practice would be helpful. I scheduled a time to meet with the hiring manager. When I showed up, I was told to fill out a profile sheet and take a seat...with the three other people also interviewing. (second red flag: cattle call) I was called back and spent about a half hour listening to my interviewer tell me how much money I was going to make using their tried and true method of changing lives (read: using my personal network of friends and family to sell insurance products). I cut it short at minute 40 by explaining the the position - whatever it was - wasn't for me.

Interview Questions

• Lots of very sales-y questions...I got the very distinct impression that I was being sold on the job rather than being truly vetted out to see if I was a good fit. A pitch rather than an interview. the only questions I was asked were rhetorical: don't I want to help people have security? People are dumb, aren't they? There is a need for us to help people see that they need insurance, right? Etc...   4 Answers

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Primerica (Boca Raton, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I was called by the head of the branch at Congress telling me that he saw my resume online and believed i am a good fit and invited me to come in to discuss my options with him. We agreed on a time and date, when i got there i was told to fill out a pre screen interview form then directed to a conference room with others waiting. It turns out to be a presentation on the company and how you can be a part of it by "owning you own business". This screams multi level marketing from all angles and when i questioned it i was told its different. It was not, you are 100% responsible for your earning and benefits. Not for me, i can think of other business to start on my own than to join this one with recurring monthly fee. I wasn't interested and others walked away too.

Insurance Underwriting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Primerica (Duluth, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Met with HR hiring manager first then met with three managers from the department I would be working with. Discussed the company, the position, and work history. Everyone was very friendly and professional.

Underwriting Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Primerica (Duluth, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position online and was called into HQ for an interview a few weeks later. I interviewed with 3 managers who told me they just started the interview process and that it would take a few weeks for a decision. It has been about 3 months now with no feedback. I emailed HR stating that I understand if the position has been filled, however I would like some feedback as to why I was not chosen. I have never gotten a response from HR. I would be nice if they would provide feedback to candidates who request it.

Interview Questions

• what test results do you look for when determining if a patient with diabetes has their condition under control?   1 Answer

Management & Trainer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Primerica in March 2016.

Interview

...so..my experience with the process

1....either the person was lying or they were coached to lie..about the title of position to get u through their door.....got a call from district lead about mgmnt & trainer positions because they were expanding....i called the guy back..to clarify positon if any sales was invovled or evening becoming an agent..he said **NO*** and that he was looking for some managers and trainers.....so had benefit of the doubt..wenr in for the interview..gave information about the company..try to use all good words to make u feel special...about ur background.

2.....attend 2part of interview....discussed more about the company..and how each person can be paid...blah..act as if they r the only company whose pays for certifications...now a days..many company would pay...

3....attend 3rd part..which i did not signed up for...as it was a complete joke and big fat lie to get my attention...dissapointed..that the person made the company image look bad...for lying about looking for managers & trainers..even after i confirmed with him.....when obviouse they r looking for reps & agent....

i was more disturb by the lying and misleading facts....dissapointed that the personn had to lie...

Recruiter Interview

Interview

No interview required. They ask for $99 and after recruiting 3 people you get a $500 bonus

Interview Questions

• If someone was selling a brand new corvette at $99 wouldn't you invest in it?   2 Answers

No Title Given Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison Heights, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Primerica (Madison Heights, MI) in March 2014.

Interview

A couple days after posting my resume online I received an unsolicited call about a job opportunity for leadership and growth in my area. The man on the phone was fairly insistent about setting up an interview with two options for what worked for his schedule.
    the interview itself was a sales pitch for learning more about Primerica, it was some softball interview questions and more about connecting on a personal level. There was no talk of salary or commission but the word opportunity came up at least a dozen times. At no point was a position title discussed, only scheduling for a client seminar.
    The whole experience had the ring of a being no different than a pyramid scheme.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that I wouldn't find on your resume.   Answer Question

Transitional Leadership Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Primerica (Madison, WI) in January 2014.

Interview

The process took two weeks with three rounds of interview. The first round took approximatelly half hour with the recruiter one by one. The second round was the presentation from Primerica's manager and took roughly two hours. After the presentation, candidates were asked to apply for the third round or decline. The third round of interview was with the same recruiter as the first one and could take from 20minutes to one hour. The decision was made after the third round.
    The interview questions were easy, mostly about resume and how you would fit to Primerica. All people I met there were very friendly and kind. It seems like a great place to start your career.

Interview Questions

• Be prepare to asnwer all questions about the company. What do they do? What is their focus? How does the market look? ..   Answer Question