Primerica Mid Level Management/Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Mid Level Management/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Primerica (West Chester, OH) in August 2012.

Interview

I had a horrible recruitment process. I was contacted by a man the West Chester, OH location. He said he was looking for people like me with no financial background b/c of my interpersonal skills. I came in and had a preliminary interview with the Senior Regional Leader, and a orientation of what the company does, along with other applicants. I then scheduled a followup interview.

During the weekend though I did some research and found some concerns I wanted to address before meeting . Some said online that the work was purely commission-based and did not provide a client list, requiring the use of "warm markets" or one's own family and friends. The presentation had alluded to some commission but did not mention if there was/was not a base salary. I tried calling both contacts multiple times throughout the weekend and Monday but no one picked up.

Finally, less than 3 hours from my interview, the recruiter called back and said he had received my questions and said we should not meet b/c I had concerns and did not match his background. This did not add up b/c he had told me before on the phone, and the orientation had reiterated, that they company was looking for people OUTSIDE the financial sector. ("It is much easier to teach people the proper financial skills than to teach them interpersonal skills"). Then when I called him out on it and asked for the answers to my questions he just said, "Yeah, well... have a good day, best of luck". I just wanted this issue to be resolved as it was very rude, unprofessional, and two-faced. Either he was lying to me that the company was looking for people outside the financial sector before, or he was lying to me that they weren't just to avoid answering my questions. If it was the former then he made me come in and waste my time to interview for a position he knew I could not/would not get. If it was the latter, your employees need to be more professional and also be more forthright as to if positions are commission-based and if clients are required to bring in their own markets, BEFORE an interview. It would have been a waste of time for me to get dressed up in a suit and drive 30 minutes, just to find out that there were hidden requirements to the job.