Primerica Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Primerica Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

1.6

Opportunity Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Primerica in April 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call from someone who found my resume on a job search website describing a great opportunity with a great company working in financial advising for the middle class. I'd already interviewed with Banker's and realized this line of work isn't for me but figured I'd go for an interview and see if this company did anything special. I received another job offer and decided to cancel my interview but I was never given a phone number or email address to contact.
    I received another phone call from the same person, who still didn't identify the company insisting that I still come in for an interview. I requested a morning appointment but was only offered noon (I understand why now after reading other reviews). I agreed to come in.
    As I was driving to the interview I was increasingly bothered by the fact that I didn't know what the company was and why would a recruiter insist on interviewing someone who didn't show for a scheduled interview. I Google searched the recruiters name and found out it was Primerica. I turned around immediately and went back home. I've been recruited for Primerica in the past and I know it's not for me.
    I received another call asking to reschedule followed by several texts that got increasingly unprofessional as I insisted that I've done my research on Primerica and I'm certain that this isn't the opportunity I'm looking for.

N/A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Primerica (Concord, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

So I went to an open house for a "job opportunity" in Concord, CA today. Going in, I had no idea what the company was, or what the job entailed. It doesn't appear to be something I want to go forward with.

Primerica is an insurance and financial planning company. Nothing wrong with that.

I had previously worked at an independent insurance company, as an administrative assistant. They had explained the business and what to expect. I later looked into getting my insurance license through Farmers Insurance, and they reaffirmed what I had previously learned about the business. It can have big rewards, but it takes awhile to get to that point.

I arrived early to the open house, and as I walked up to the office, I could hear obnoxiously loud music coming from inside. I thought maybe the employees were having a celebration before the open house began.

They finally opened the doors, and low and behold, it was a party atmosphere. Once inside and checked in, we stood around networking, rather attempting to network over loud rap music. I'm hearing impaired, so this was quite challenging for me. I could hardly get anyone's names and had to ask them to repeat just about everything.

Most of the people I met started subtly (or not so subtly) employing psychological sales tactics on me. "Congratulations on coming to the open house." "You could have been anywhere, but you chose to be here tonight." "Keep your mind open." I almost walked out before it even started.

While waiting for them to start, I Googled Primerica and discovered it was an insurance and financial company. After an hour of attempted networking and blaring (c)rap music, they finally started the presentation.

So what would I be doing at this job? Apparently I'd be making six figures, taking vacations, buying cars, and working as little hours as I wanted. Ok, but what do I do to make that money? You can pay to retire your parents, and put your kids in good schools. Well that's cool and all, what's the job entail?

It wasn't until an hour or so in that they told us that they were an insurance and financial planning company. Up until that point, I would have never known it, had I not Googled it. They finally briefly explained that you would be selling insurance and financial planning. They showed a video package of how Primerica helped a family who's head of household died unexpectedly. It was a heartwrenching story, that was told by bad actors.

At the end, they put up a slide with information on what it takes to get started. $100 for a California business license, background check, and other required stuff. That all seemed legit. Then a monthly fee of $25 to cover your payroll, training and other stuff to keep the business running. Not a bad deal for what you were supposedly getting.

Afterwards everyone who wanted to, filed into another room and filled out forms for background check and business license. It had a place to put your credit card information for the fees. I don't even have $100 to my name, so they told me I can skip that for now.

After coming home, I looked up the business on Glass Ceiling, a site that lets you rate the companies you work for. It had a surprisingly high approval rating and mostly positive reviews. There was one, however that explained exactly the vibe I had going in. It described basically that the insurance and financial planning is an afterthought, and your main focus is trying to get others to sign up to work under you, so you get override commission.

While override commission is something that's common in insurance companies, it was never the focus of the one I worked for, or when I spoke with someone at Farmers. To me, Primerica sounds like a reverse pyramid scheme.

It is possible to make that kind of money doing that job, but they failed to explain that it takes a long time to work your way up to making large figures. The speakers here are atypical cases.

My mother-in-law also did a bit of research, and told me that several online reviews state people have lost money with this company, because the employees are not trained well. That could open me up to civil and lawsuits. If I was responsible for losing someone's retirement fund, I'd be devastated. I don't want to be a part of that.

I've considered and would still consider working in Insurance. What turned me off from Primerica was the high pressure sales pitch, lack of details of the job, and the party atmosphere of the open house.

TLDR: Primerica is a reverse pyramid scheme, disguised as an insurance and financial planning company.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Primerica (London, England (UK)) in April 2012.

Interview

amazing a lot of energy, very positive excited and happy people. I feel good after that and also they shares a lot of financial knowledge that I never learn in University.

Interview Questions

• If you were sitting in my position right now, what make you hire yourself?   1 Answer

Broker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Primerica (Sacramento, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Described the company, showed us how things work, how to work your way up, how to be succesful, showed me the background of the company, proven track record, about the products, a little about the people in different areas, the pay, and the bonuses

Interview Questions

Negotiation

ask questions!! you need to know if this is the right job for you, its a great career for someone willing to work hard, the benifits will be great if you are willing to work for them!

Entry Level Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Primerica (Laurel, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

I was told they were looking for managers for one of their locations and i had to meet with one of the managers for an interview. I got there and realized it wasn't a real interview. Had to sit through an hour long info session with about 10 other candidates and we were basically told we had to sell insurance. Very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Who do you know that'd be interested in buying Life Insurance?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clear Lake, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Primerica (Clear Lake, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Relaxed, very informative. Even if you didn't end up working with the company, you would gain such valuable knowledge about how money works that you could better your own financial future.

Interview Questions

• Are you purpose driven or money motivated?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trumbull, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Primerica (Trumbull, CT) in December 2016.

Interview

it was a casual interview. she gave me a presentation. nothing else to write. don't know what else to write. she was very pushy and didn't like it no more words. no more words.

Interview Questions

• If I wanted to help families   1 Answer

Insurance Underwriting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Primerica (Duluth, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Met with HR hiring manager first then met with three managers from the department I would be working with. Discussed the company, the position, and work history. Everyone was very friendly and professional.

Business Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Primerica (Duluth, GA) in February 2014.

Interview

I had 3 interviews with them before being hired.
    I was contacted by HR, and I was interviewed by HR.
    The next interview was with the manager I worked for.
    I had one more interview with my boss's boss.

Interview Questions

• They basically when through my resume at the time.   1 Answer

Underwriting Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Primerica (Duluth, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position online and was called into HQ for an interview a few weeks later. I interviewed with 3 managers who told me they just started the interview process and that it would take a few weeks for a decision. It has been about 3 months now with no feedback. I emailed HR stating that I understand if the position has been filled, however I would like some feedback as to why I was not chosen. I have never gotten a response from HR. I would be nice if they would provide feedback to candidates who request it.

Interview Questions

• what test results do you look for when determining if a patient with diabetes has their condition under control?   1 Answer