Primerica Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Primerica Sales Interview Questions

Updated Oct 27, 2016

1.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Primerica (Tucson, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

first of all it was never clear what the position they were advertising. 2nd of all the "interview" wasn't an interview but rather one red flag after another to anyone who isn't oblivious. They play on those sick of working, hate their jobs, young and naive... Word to the wise: stay away.

Red. Flags. um, see above.

Other Interview Reviews for Primerica

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Primerica (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

I was told several times how much the ceo is making. Since I am not applying for ceo position, I am not sure why this information is thought to be relevant. I was shown the payment set up, resembling a pyramid scheme. I was shown the carriers they work with. I was told several times how much the top earners are making. I was told to recruit, recruit, recruit. When I asked what exactly I will be selling, I was told to just people in front of my recruiter.

Interview Questions

• How many contacts are in my phone?   3 Answers

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Primerica in February 2015.

Interview

get your number through a friend, then keep calling you about a job opportunity that isn't even real. the more people they "hire" the more money the 'friend' referred you makes. It's a pyramid scam. They called and asked basic questions, if i can pass a drug test, no work experience is required, ask to come to an assembly

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Primerica (Paramus, NJ) in April 2014.

Interview

I walked into the primerica building in piramus New Jersey doing some work for another job. I was approached by one of the senior sales reps in the building, we started talking at first then he asked if i wanted job. He was throwing crazy numbers out telling me i could make $700 a sale and that one of the employees in his office had closed a deal for a investment account rollover and make $40,000. Sounded like he was just trying to paint me a picture perfect fairy tail. But he backed up most of his statements with photos or other employee testimonials. He showed me some pictures of him on Hawaii with his company which he stated he received as his bonus. Seems like a great company for some one who has lot's of entrepreneurial drive and is willing to chase after leads. You are asked for $100 up front if you want to get you license so you can sell insurances and after that you receive an email saying you have to pay $25 for your online website and marketing tools. I think i will follow through with it and see how much money can be made and how legit the companies products are.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to refer three friends to work there, I don't like recommending something I haven't personally tried and been successful at.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willowbrook, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Primerica (Willowbrook, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

I feel like this company was a pyramid scam. When they called me from my resume on career builder they didn’t say their company name. They also had said they have full time positions available and that I would be hiring and training people to sell and that I myself would not be selling. I had a brief phone interview and then they invited me to have a in person interview. The interview was a 2 hour presentation about selling life insurance and stocks. They said no salary all commission and you earn money if you bring others in.

Interview Questions

• Looks like they would hire anyone. You pay a fee annually.   Answer Question

Not for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Primerica (San Jose, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

It was great and very informative.

Interview Questions

It was commission only and I needed a sure thing paycheck for now. Started school fulltime 2weeks later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Janesville, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Primerica (Janesville, WI) in May 2012.

Interview

very professional interview

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a situation where you have to manage someone who is older than you but doesn't think they should be managed by a younger person.   Answer Question

It seemed like the type of company who will hire anyone because it is a salary based position and it is of little risk to them if the employee doesn't produce.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Primerica (West Chester, OH) in March 2012.

Interview

Received a phone call and short interview during the initial phone call. Sounded like a sales job, which I wasn't looking for, so I asked and the recruiter reassured me that they were hiring for what I was seeking. Recruiter set up an in-person interview for a few days later.

Went in for the interview where the representative informed me they only had (commission only) sales positions available. He said everyone has to start in sales in this company- there is no way to make it to another position without working in sales, and that is why the recruiter said they were hiring for all positions.

I was very direct with both people and frustrated that they wasted my time and claimed they hadn't lied based on a technicality. However, I had braced myself for this to happen before going in because of similar experiences posted on Glassdoor.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lodi, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Primerica (Lodi, NJ) in January 2012.

Interview

group meetings where they show you a powerpoint

they coerce you into understanding how their business is run which is basically setting up leads for them and you are setting up your own business and working for nothing at the beginning as well as working for someone else and not having an office... of your own... using your own leads and people you know... and otherwise you are doing all the work with no support really...

Interview Questions

• typical do you want to be successful questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Primerica (Sarasota, FL) in December 2011.

Interview

Had a sit down presentation explaining what we do, our objectives, etc... then a follow up meeting 2 days after that, more thoroughly explaining our objectives and approach. After the first sit down presentation you could leave it or take it to the next step. I chose to follow up, seems like a very successful and surprisingly friendly business and I work with a great team of people!

Interview Questions

• There were no questions, rather everything was explained to you...   Answer Question

Negotiation

You were told what you were able to have, make, or earn. The money is really up to how much drive and time you want to put into this. You really do get out of this what you put into it.