Primrose School Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.2

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Du Quoin, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Primrose School (Du Quoin, IL).

Interview

All instrument, control, and communication cables, cable accessories, cable way systems and supports up to and including the interface points as defined above shall be the responsibility of the EPC Contractor.

Teacher Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Primrose School.

Interview

Got to the interview 30 minutes early, had to fill out an application again.
    During the interview the woman who was interviewing me kept walking in and out of the room, which is very unprofessional.
    Got called the next day getting the position, declined offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What is your favorite kids book?
      Favorite children's song?
      What is a difficult situation you have had to resolve?
      What would your previous supervisor say about you?
      Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Primrose School in February 2017.

Interview

I interviewed twice with Primrose at two different locations. The first one I interviewed at twice. First interview was super easy. Standard interview questions. A few days after the first interview I was emailed and asked to come in for a second interview. When I got there, I was surprised to see that the lady who I had interviewed with the first time wasn't there and I was going to be interviewing with 2 other people. Not a big deal...but what annoyed me was that they lost the application I had filled out during my first visit (pretty irresponsible) and had me fill out another one. Interview went fine and was told they were looking to hire someone by that Friday. Well Friday rolls around and I hadn't heard anything. I sent a follow-up email to reinstate my interest. No response. The following Tuesday I decided to finally just call and ask what the status was. I was informed the position was filled. Is it REALLY that hard to send a simple email response letting a candidate you interviewed twice know that they moved forward with someone else?

The second location I applied and was invited to stop by and fill out an application that same day. I went up there, filled out an application, and had the opportunity to speak with the Director before I left. She told me all looked good and asked for my date of birth so she can run a background check. She told me it would take a couple of days and (probably on Monday) she would call me when it came in to give me the information to go do my fingerprinting, etc. Hearing this pretty much led me to believe I got the job. I send a thank you email after (no response). Monday rolls around and no phone call. I decide to wait until the next day to call because maybe the background check hadn't came in yet. I call on Tuesday to ask what was going on and she sounded pissy that I was bothering her. She told me that they hadn't hired anyone yet and that she was busy doing a party. She took my name and told me she would call me back in a little bit. I knew there was a slim chance she would call me back. Did she ever? Nope. Very unprofessional to say you are going to do something and not do it (twice!).

Moral of the story, this company left a HORRIBLE taste in my mouth with how they treat potential employees and no wonder they have such a high turn-over rate.

Center Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in League City, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Primrose School (League City, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Franchise owner found me on indeed and sent me the questions via email. Then the very same day I received an interview. Interview w with Husband and wife owners. The interview was lake taking to family members. It went smooth and I felt very comfortable with them.

Interview Questions

• Are you sensitive. I felt the question mean do you over react to stressful situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Smooth.

Assistant Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Primrose School.

Interview

got the job quickly because they were desperate for employees. got the job the day i applied and interviewed with the director then owner. asked very few questions but will admit they worked well with my scheduling at the beginning(once again because they were desperate)

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Primrose School (Round Rock, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

fill out application then sit and talk with the director. They have you go in the classroom and hang out with the kids then go back and finish talking to director and owner.

Interview Questions

• What my references would say about me.   1 Answer

Assistant Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Primrose School (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

Very warmly conducted. Management was friendly, kind, considerate & complimentary. I immediately felt a part of. The interview was comfortable and conducted in a way that gave us both dignity and respect. I have no ill words to say it was one of the best interviews I've ever been on.

Upper School Staff Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Primrose School.

Interview

Very impressed with the facility and staff. The interview process was thorough, covering all bases. We talked about curriculum, experiences, goals, motivation, personality, educational background, experience etc. Lasted about 50 minutes total. Met with the owner and then the director came to join us. Both were very friendly. honest and interested in my abilities. They went over Primrose's mission and what the company looked for in staff members. The owner called later in the day to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you relay bad news (behavior issues, etc.) to a parent?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if a child didn't want to participate in the group activity?   Answer Question
    • What age group are in interested in working with?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question
    • What makes you interested in working for Primrose?   Answer Question

Pre-K Assistant Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tri Cities, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Primrose School (Tri Cities, WA).

Interview

A few days after submitting an application online, I received an email requesting an onsite interview. The time and date were picked out already, all I needed to do was confirm my attendance.
    The interview itself was with the director and lasted about 15-20 minutes. Then I was taken into the class that I would be in, if hired, to meet the students and the lead teacher. I stayed with them for about an hour and then the director came back to get me so we could finish the interview in her office.

Interview Questions

• How would you set up your classroom? What tools would you need to have in the classroom?   Answer Question
    • What skills or talents do you have that would add to or benefit our school?   Answer Question
    • What in your professional experience makes you believe that you would be right for this position?   Answer Question
    • How do you want your students to feel in your classroom?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle 2 students fighting over the same toy?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered 2 positions on the spot at the end of the interview and I accepted the one I thought would best suit my skills and needs. I was prepared to negotiate as I was expecting to get the low end of pay rate. Especially after reading some of the salaries reported on here. I walked in there knowing I would not accept anything less than $13/hr but surprisingly they offered above that to start and I felt comfortable with the rate.

Food Service/Housekeeping Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Primrose School (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Very unprofessional staff. Several of them were standing around in the front office gossiping/talking. I interviewed with someone who had only been with the company for a couple of months. I had to fill out ANOTHER application, once I arrived. Which then showed me the company lacked organization. I was taken into an office in which the door was left open. There seemed to have been no preparation for my interview which was a huge turn off. I believe this was a waste of my time but also a blessing in disguise! Never had an experience as such.