Prince Georges County Public Schools (MD) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Prince Georges County Public Schools (MD) Interview Questions

Interviews at Prince Georges County Public Schools (MD)

2.3

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Takoma Park, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prince Georges County Public Schools (MD) (Takoma Park, MD) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied on the website and was called for an interview. The interview will be as good as the person conducting it, and the process will vary from school to school. I went on two interviews and the first was a nightmare. I was taken to a room, given unlined paper and a teacher’s manual. and was told I had 15 minutes to write a plan. I worked feverishly and completed the task. I was then taken to another room with 10-12 school employees, all sitting with their laptops, who then fired questionscat me. It was a strange process, and I knew the moment they thrust the textbook in my hands I did not like ygevschool culture. I interviewed my best regardless and decided that even if the job was offered I would not take it. I later found out the position was available because the former teacher quit because of the school culture. The second interview I was treated like a professional and not a commodity. I took the job as soon as it was offered and love my school!

Anonymous Employee in Upper Marlboro, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Prince Georges County Public Schools (MD) (Upper Marlboro, MD).

Interview

I had a one one one interview that took one day to complete with the hiring manager. Then I was sent to the school to interview with the principal. It was a one day event because there was a need at the school and the principal thought I was a good match.

Anonymous Employee in Upper Marlboro, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prince Georges County Public Schools (MD) (Upper Marlboro, MD) in August 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with various schools and principals. One met me at Starbucks and I was offered a position onsite. I had another interview only by phone and offered a position. I think the one thing that was most frustrating was principals promising to let you know if I was going to be offered the position or not, and never following up. They have lost the courtesy and professionalism.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a disagreement with a coworker in front of others?   Answer Question

Occupational Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Upper Marlboro, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Prince Georges County Public Schools (MD) (Upper Marlboro, MD) in September 2014.

Interview

It was very personable. The supervising therapist I interviewed with made me feel very comfortable and able to feel that I could do the job with her guidance. She was right.

Interview Questions

• How would I feel about working with a principal who could be difficult to communicate with? Did I mind driving to various schools or did I want to be in one school only?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prince Georges County Public Schools (MD).

Interview

easy process interview was as normal with a lot of schools its better to go to the hiring fairs
    they really want teachers so as long as you have certification you are good. Very different than dcps process pays less than dc

Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Prince Georges County Public Schools (MD) (Bowie, MD) in May 2017.

Interview

Fairly easy. I did my interview by google hangout. It seemed rushed . VP called to set up the google hangout for an interview. Asked me a few questions and told me they’ d let me know in a few days. I feel like they were unprepared to interview me.

Interview Questions

• Did a mock walk through of a lesson.   1 Answer
    • How will you help your students review the material for mastery   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Upper Marlboro, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prince Georges County Public Schools (MD) (Upper Marlboro, MD) in May 2013.

Interview

Interview was great, but details were not given as to what the position was really like, what hours outside of normal business hours were required, etc. Be sure to find what specific grade you will be working with, as well as any challenges they foresee with the job. Also be sure to determine how many hours are expected of you outside the normal business hours, committees, etc. Ask about the Evaluation process and what is the typical protocol

Interview Questions

• None really difficult questions. Just the same basic things, ie: something bad that happened and how you handled it, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation, they are desperate for teachers, you will likely get hired if you are a warm body

Teacher, Elementary School Interview

Anonymous Employee in Upper Marlboro, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Prince Georges County Public Schools (MD) (Upper Marlboro, MD) in January 2012.

Interview

Usual questions related to teaching, asked questions about what you'll do in different teaching scenarios, asked about preference of subjects/grade levels, asked about motivation to teaching, asked about teaching experience and background

Interview Questions

• How do you ensure that common core is implemented in your classroom.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Prince Georges County Public Schools (MD) in August 2014.

Interview

Sit in an office and answer questions. They asked me questions about students with IEP's and 504's. I also was asked what my teaching style would be like. Once then I was interviewed by the math teacher to see what I could offer on her team. She then placed me in 6th grade

Interview Questions

• What do I know about TAG students   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prince Georges County Public Schools (MD).

Interview

While visiting a college job fair at the university I attended, I met a PGCPS recruiter who encouraged me to submit my resume and apply online with the school district. I was then contacted by a human resources official to set up an interview with the principal of a high school. When I showed up to the interview, the principal was not there, and instead I was interviewed by one of the schools assistant principals. The next week I received an offer letter which I signed and submitted.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a teacher? How would you handle a student who will not follow directions in your classroom?   Answer Question