Prince Georges County Public Schools (MD) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Prince Georges County Public Schools (MD) Interview Questions

2.3

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prince Georges County Public Schools (MD).

Interview

While visiting a college job fair at the university I attended, I met a PGCPS recruiter who encouraged me to submit my resume and apply online with the school district. I was then contacted by a human resources official to set up an interview with the principal of a high school. When I showed up to the interview, the principal was not there, and instead I was interviewed by one of the schools assistant principals. The next week I received an offer letter which I signed and submitted.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a teacher? How would you handle a student who will not follow directions in your classroom?   Answer Question

Classroom Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Upper Marlboro, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Prince Georges County Public Schools (MD) (Upper Marlboro, MD).

Interview

I had a one one one interview that took one day to complete with the hiring manager. Then I was sent to the school to interview with the principal. It was a one day event because there was a need at the school and the principal thought I was a good match.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Prince Georges County Public Schools (MD) in March 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application online then interviewed with someone in person at a recruiting job fair, diversity is very important to them, it was a pleasant interview and I did not feel nervous or anxious because of this.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Prince Georges County Public Schools (MD) in August 2014.

Interview

Sit in an office and answer questions. They asked me questions about students with IEP's and 504's. I also was asked what my teaching style would be like. Once then I was interviewed by the math teacher to see what I could offer on her team. She then placed me in 6th grade

Interview Questions

• What do I know about TAG students   1 Answer

Classroom Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Upper Marlboro, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prince Georges County Public Schools (MD) (Upper Marlboro, MD) in August 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with various schools and principals. One met me at Starbucks and I was offered a position onsite. I had another interview only by phone and offered a position. I think the one thing that was most frustrating was principals promising to let you know if I was going to be offered the position or not, and never following up. They have lost the courtesy and professionalism.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a disagreement with a coworker in front of others?   Answer Question

Math Teacher, Middle School Interview

Interview

I wanted to cry after I have an answer to how I handle a hard situation and the principal told me I handled the situation poorly. I felt like the principal was playing devils advocate with all of my answers. It was like he had a certain answer in mind and wasn't satisfied until i gave that answer. At the end of the interview they said they wanted to hire me...still not sure what I did right. Not sure if I'm going to take it or not.

Interview Questions

• What types of assessments do you use that don't use a pencil? Tell us about a situation that was challenging and how you handled it? How would you handled a situation where a student says f you to your face?   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Upper Marlboro, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prince Georges County Public Schools (MD) (Upper Marlboro, MD).

Interview

Panel interview. Called back for second panel interview. Interview process was very long. It took 60 days to receive a response regarding the position. The HR partner was slow in solidifying the next steps.

Interview Questions

• The interview was not difficult. Questions would not be difficult for a subject matter expert.   1 Answer

Bus Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Upper Marlboro, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prince Georges County Public Schools (MD) (Upper Marlboro, MD) in January 2014.

Interview

Very easy. Submit an application and got the job!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

My resume stood out. I did not have to negotiate anything!

Instructional Lead Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Landover, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Prince Georges County Public Schools (MD) (Landover, MD) in August 2013.

Interview

The process is well put together for the applicant in the Oracle system. The postings allow fast application. THe interview process however is not well organized. I have secondary (middle-high school subject specific experience) and I was interviewed to be a testing coordinator and reading specialist for one position, I was not clearly told what would be expected for another, and was interviewed for a position that the principal already knew who they would be hiring in another.

Interview Questions

• I was asked simple questions about my background. There were no questions that really made me differentiate myself from any other applicant.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase in this career. All salaries are based on time in service education, and are specific to the position.

Food Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Upper Marlboro, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Prince Georges County Public Schools (MD) (Upper Marlboro, MD) in July 2013.

Interview

Very easy, interviewer was extremely friendly and the process was short. the area was convenient and drug testing took all of about 45 minutes. the whole staff was quite helpful.

Interview Questions

• Name an incident where management wasn’t around and you had to make a difficult decision on your own?   1 Answer