Prince Georges County Public Schools (MD) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Prince Georges County Public Schools (MD) Interview Questions

Interviews at Prince Georges County Public Schools (MD)

2.4

Art Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Prince Georges County Public Schools (MD) (Clinton, NJ) in March 2020.

Interview

It was a skype interview that was composed of multiple interview questions about my educational background and teaching philosophy. The interview lasted approximately 30 minutes and was thorough. It was also friendly and comprehensive.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Prince Georges County Public Schools (MD).

Interview

I applied on line a was contacted several months later. I asked to come in for an interview at the Special Education Administrative Office. I was interviewed by a two people. After the interview I was told the principal of the school wanted to meet me in order to determine if I was a good fit for the school. I went to the school the same day and met with several other staff members who conducted an impromptu interview. I was offered the job after meeting with the principal. HR discusses salary with you. Pay will determined by the previous teaching history, education, and the type of license you may or may not have.

Interview Questions

• What are strategies for dealing with students with behavior challenges.
      How can I help support teachers with developing a plan for students with social emotional difficulties that impact their learning.   Answer Question

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Upper Marlboro, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Prince Georges County Public Schools (MD) (Upper Marlboro, MD) in October 2018.

Interview

It's a multi-day process. You have an in-person interview, then fingerprinting and paperwork submission. Then you have to go to a day-long training. You wait in a line with everyone else apply and just sit and wait. I suggest bringing a book and patience.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you came into a classroom and there weren't any lesson plans?   Answer Question

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Upper Marlboro, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Prince Georges County Public Schools (MD) (Upper Marlboro, MD) in August 2018.

Interview

I went to a credentials session, afterwards they told me my name would be added to the list of possible teacher that principals could call. I was called by an HR partner over the weekend, I was hired on Tuesday of the the next week.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been a teacher?   1 Answer

High School Science Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Upper Marlboro, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Prince Georges County Public Schools (MD) (Upper Marlboro, MD) in August 2018.

Interview

I attended the interview fair for PGCPS, which is held in August prior to the start of the new school year. Each school had a table with three representatives from the school - typically 1-2 administrators and 1-2 department chairs (depending on the specific teaching role). During the interview, each representative asked me a series of questions. Based on my responses, I was offered a position on the spot.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prince Georges County Public Schools (MD).

Interview

easy process interview was as normal with a lot of schools its better to go to the hiring fairs
    they really want teachers so as long as you have certification you are good. Very different than dcps process pays less than dc

Site Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxon Hill, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Prince Georges County Public Schools (MD) (Oxon Hill, MD) in January 2018.

Interview

It was a panel interview. They gave you the opportunity to look over the questions and then the started the interview. I was called to see if I was still interested in the position. Then I was emailed the date time and location.

Interview Questions

• Do you believe an after school program should be an extension of the school day.   1 Answer

Classroom Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Takoma Park, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prince Georges County Public Schools (MD) (Takoma Park, MD) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied on the website and was called for an interview. The interview will be as good as the person conducting it, and the process will vary from school to school. I went on two interviews and the first was a nightmare. I was taken to a room, given unlined paper and a teacher’s manual. and was told I had 15 minutes to write a plan. I worked feverishly and completed the task. I was then taken to another room with 10-12 school employees, all sitting with their laptops, who then fired questionscat me. It was a strange process, and I knew the moment they thrust the textbook in my hands I did not like ygevschool culture. I interviewed my best regardless and decided that even if the job was offered I would not take it. I later found out the position was available because the former teacher quit because of the school culture. The second interview I was treated like a professional and not a commodity. I took the job as soon as it was offered and love my school!

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Prince Georges County Public Schools (MD) (Bowie, MD) in May 2017.

Interview

Fairly easy. I did my interview by google hangout. It seemed rushed . VP called to set up the google hangout for an interview. Asked me a few questions and told me they’ d let me know in a few days. I feel like they were unprepared to interview me.

Interview Questions

• Did a mock walk through of a lesson.   1 Answer
    • How will you help your students review the material for mastery   1 Answer

Secondary Social Studies Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Hyattsville, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Prince Georges County Public Schools (MD) (West Hyattsville, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by the vice principal first. Apparently the vice principal approved my background and answers to the questions. Then I was interviewed by the principal. After the interviews and reviewing my credentials, background checks, I was hired.