Princess Cruise Lines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Princess Cruise Lines Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2017

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

It felt like a time share presentation. Didn't stick around long enough I had heard enough.
    It wasn't for me .....hi pressure sales for minimum wage? Your kidding! Wasn't what their ad implies.

Interview Questions

• I didn't stay long enough for the interview I could see it was not for me. I am not a used car sales personality.   Answer Question

Consumer Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Princess Cruise Lines (Santa Clarita, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied for the job in May 2017 a few days later I was emailed with a link for a video interview. I completed it and then 2-3 weeks later I was invited to a recruiting event. Before the event you need to complete a call center simulation and research a cruise you would want to go on.
    When I arrived to the recruiting event I was joined by 10 other people who were getting interviewed as well. We were taken into a meeting room where the sales director gave a brief overview of the job description and benefits. A quick Q/A time and then we were transferred to the call center floor. We were allowed to listen to some of the calls and ask questions. They then brought us in for one on one interviews and finally we were brought back to the same meeting room for a final Q/A. Whole process took 3.5 hours

Interview Questions

• When was a time where a customer rejected your product? How did you handle this?   Answer Question

Senior Staff Accountant Interview

Application

Interview

Phone screen with HR. Two weeks later got on site to take Finance Assessment Test and interviewed by HR and department manager. Received phone calls later of the day to schedule another video interview with Director the following week.

Interview Questions

• Phone screen involved basic questions such as Talk about yourself, Why apply our company, If referred, are they in the Finance department? What was my salary range, what will your supervisor comment on you, and Describe the most challenge situation you had. The HR was nice and honest. She asked if I would work in a noisy environment since there are a lot of people work in the same floor. Assessment test has to work on computer to answer some practical questions. Not hard.   Answer Question

Video Producer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Princess Cruise Lines in June 2017.

Interview

First sent in my resume, got a response back in 2-3 days. Then I was asked to fill out and return a couple of application forms. They answered me the next day, with a follow up video/webcam style interview with 6 questions.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to promote or sell your own work? If yes, please provide an example. If no, describe a project you worked on and how you would sell it to a client.   Answer Question
    • Tell us a little about yourself. Why are you interested in working onboard?   Answer Question
    • Briefly describe your videography experience   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have in sales/retail?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about any experience you have in hospitality or customer service.   Answer Question

Senior Compensation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Princess Cruise Lines in June 2017.

Interview

Process began with a phone screen with a Sr. Staffing Specialist who read off the most standard interview questions and listened to my answers without comment or any real conversation.

Subsequently, a video interview appointment was made through Montage with the hiring manager and another team member. I took the time to test my webcam and make sure everything was working on the interview site beforehand. However, when the appointment time came the hiring manager and team member simply never signed on. Since the appointment didn't provide any contact information for them, after about 30 minutes of waiting for them to arrive, I emailed the person who coordinates the Montage interviews to let them know and ask if they wanted to reschedule. This person didn't reply to my email at all.

A few days later, I looked up the Sr Staffing Specialist I had spoken with, in order to at least follow up and see if the position was filled. She didn't reply to my email, either, but assigned a different Sr Staffing Specialist the unenviable task of introducing herself, apologizing for the team that pulled the "no-show," and then apologizing for the Talent Acquisition team.

I guess we all earn some stories to tell, when we look for work. Thankfully I won't need to work with any of these individuals in the future. And, I'll never be stuck aboard any of their boats.

Interview Questions

• No questions asked, due to the fact that they simply didn't show up, call or email to reschedule or cancel.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Princess Cruise Lines (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

This was an thirty minutes phone interview. Human Resources Representative was straight to the interview questions. It was kind of rush and didn't gave you enough time to complete your answer.

Work At Home Telephone Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Princess Cruise Lines (Santa Clarita, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Surprisingly lengthy interview process. Online application, followed by video interview, followed by interview at headquarters (3 hours!). Very surprised at the length of the interview and hiring process and disappointed to only be offered $10.50/hr and the worst shift of nights and weekends (the latter of which you only learn at the last minute).

Interview Questions

• Via email I was asked to research a cruise I'd like to take. At the interview they asked me details about it.   Answer Question

Consumer Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Princess Cruise Lines (Santa Clarita, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

applied online and got an email back one week later prompting me to follow a montage interview online that consisted of basic information about yourself and a few interview questions virtually, in front of your camera. 2 days later, I got another email inviting me to a hiring event and was instructed through email to complete a call center test (took around 45 mins). This had to be done before the event. The event was a group interview that took about 2 and a half hours, watching product videos, taking a 10 min. quiz and even a coffee break. We got to sit with call center reps and listen in on the calls. One by one, we were called in for interviewing. It was a basic interview but the supervisors were super friendly and made you feel so at ease. Some of us in the group were hired and some weren't. It was worth the time and I was definitely excited to be hired on! Last is the background check and once that has a green light, viola! You get your set schedule!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you disagreed with a manager. How did you approach the manager and what was the disagreement?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Princess Cruise Lines (Santa Clarita, CA).

Interview

Participated in a mini-group virtual interview. Was asked 3 questions about my work history/experience. Very friendly, very comfortable. Moved onto 1 on 1 virtual interview. Was asked a little more about my employment history and experience. Moved onto simulated call center test. Took about 45 minutes, answering simulated customer calls. Moved onto a final virtual interview with some very kind women. Was sent a link via email to complete some background questions on my original online application. The whole process from application to job took about a month. My advice, be prepared with your answers, dress appropriately, but relax, they are very friendly people.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of how you reached a difficult sales goal or made a difficult sale.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Princess Cruise Lines (Santa Clarita, CA).

Interview

This is company adrift in indecision on one side and bad judgment on the other. I actually never was too interested in the job due to the low salary, but they keep calling and asking to talk to me again and again over the course of 8 months. The HR department is clueless as to handle a search and the hiring managers can’t communicate single criteria for the position they are looking for. This a big group of inept employees, just stay away. I have always thought that HR departments should be dismantled, Princess cruises is proof that I am right.

Interview Questions

• what about maintenance, yes, this was as director as they got.   1 Answer