Princess Cruise Lines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Princess Cruise Lines

2.7

Director, Executive Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Princess Cruise Lines (Santa Clarita, CA).

Interview

The process was quick and only took about a month. First was an interview with a HR specialist, followed by a second round with a HR Business Lead.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to work with ambiguity on a project and how did you navigate it?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Princess Cruise Lines.

Interview

Was ok, not very hard. Mostly the questions were regarding excel usage. They use excel and gave me an exercise on excel. It was not very hard, took me some time to complete it.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Princess Cruise Lines (Valencia, CA) in September 2019.

Interview

The onsite interview process will take 1 hour and 30 minutes.
    1. First 30 minutes, will be a chat with and RH manager.
    2. The next 30 minutes, the technical interview with the project leaders and team.
    3. The last 30 minutes, you will be chatting with the project manager.

They really care about their time. So once the 30 minutes are over they will finish the interview no matter what.

Revenue Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Princess Cruise Lines (Santa Clarita, CA) in April 2019.

Interview

Interviewed with one Senior analyst and one manager. Asked a series of questions regarding my schooling and why I had chosen my major. How I could apply that major to the job, etc.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of when you disagreed with a group of your colleagues on a work-related issue, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Princess Cruise Lines.

Interview

Straight to the point, typical interview questions. Phone interview, in-person interview, and second interview. The experience was neutral and contained questions regarding experience, why you are fit for the position, education, etc.

Compensation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Princess Cruise Lines (Santa Clarita, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

Phone screen interview. The interviewer was very nice, asked questions about my experience and what interested me about the role. The role sounded like a typical compensation manager, however, I was concerned about the way they structured the department (separating the compensation function into two), it didn't seem optimal to me. There were many negative reviews on Glassdoor which concerned me as well.

Interview Questions

• The usual questions about my experience, but one that I didn't expect - If I had taken a cruise   1 Answer

Interview

Pretty straight forward interview asking for your background in customer service settings. They also ask situational questions and how you would handle different situations. Come with a positive attitude and a smile on your face!

Cruise Vacation Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Princess Cruise Lines (Valencia, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

Applied online, got contacted for first round interview a couple weeks later. It had to be a recorded interview where you respond to their pre-recorded interview questions and record yourself with your response. You get 1.5-2 mins to respond.
    About 3-4 weeks later I got emailed to attend a “Recruiting Event.” It was a group interview setting where we had to do a computer assessment, shadow a current CVP, and interview with a Sales Coach (individually). Myself and two others were offered the position at the end.

Interview Questions

• They gave me a scenario to evaluate my critical thinking. I had to decide which hypothetical tasks to do first and why   Answer Question

Cruise Vacation Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Princess Cruise Lines (Santa Clarita, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

It was nerve wracking at first because they do a hiring "Event", so there are lots of people there interviewing for the same job. The staff that handled the Event, were very warm and encouraging, they made me feel at ease almost immediately. They exchanged in friendly banter among themselves, which helped ease the tension a lot and gave a feeling that it was a friendly place to work. You go in as a group, watch a short film about the company, then do simple computer testing. Then they take two Applicants per Sales Coach and you go down onto the sales floor and sit with someone who shows you what they do, and explains a bit. After that, you go into a private interview with two other people. They are so casual and friendly, it really put me at ease. (Don't spend too much time studying the cruises and such, they really don't ask about that, it's a very simple interview, don't be afraid!) Then everyone goes downstairs to the main room again and they give a bit more info and you watch a longer film about the history of the company. After that they thank you for coming and let everyone know that HR will be in touch. (If you get hired, they tell you pretty quickly, no long waits!) I got hired and am in the paperwork process now. It was the most fun interview I've ever been on to be honest!

Interview Questions

• They asked some questions about how I would handle things that were explained during the time I sat with the employee in the call center. I don't think I can share that info, we sign a non-disclosure....   1 Answer

Reservation Agent - Work At Home Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Princess Cruise Lines (Santa Clarita, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

Virtual Interview: Innovative
    In-Person Interview: Informative
    Overall: EASY
    Applied online then received email to do Virtual Montage interview a few days later. Once that was submitted, I received another email that I was advanced to an "In-Person Recruiting Event," and to plan on spending approximately 3 hours for interview. 25 minute drive and arrived 25 minutes early which allowed for ample time to park and check-in with security in lobby. There were already a few people waiting before I arrived and shortly after a few more checked in as well. Eventually we all headed upstairs into a room with the two recruiters and four floor supervisors. Everyone was very welcoming and kind. We watched a video that discussed the history and timeline of PCL, followed by a slide presentation (great opportunity to take notes). There was complete transparency during the entire presentation. Several items were discussed - here are few of importance:
    -Pay is $13.25 p/hr
    -Dress code is business casual while on site
    -Hours are pretty crappy but shift bids are said to occur every 6 months and are performance based, rather than seniority
    -Will be expected to commit to having perfect attendance during the training
    -First week of training is on-site with remainder of training done remotely
    -Be prepared to work EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND until - not sure as there wasn't too much clarity on this
    -You will have 2 back-to-back days off during the week (Tue&Wed or Thur&Fri)
    -Equipment will be provided to you, including a PC with 2 monitors, headset and a soft phone built into the CPU
    -A contractor will come out to your home and set up the equipment prior to your start date
    After the video, slides and Q&A, we are walked out to the call center and paired up with an experienced agent. If they are all as good as mine was, you are in luck because she was awesome. I listened in on 4 to 5 calls and every single one was different. My "buddy" would answer questions or explain what she was doing so I wouldn't feel lost. Based off of what I saw, I've got a lot to learn but I am ready for the challenge. After being paired up, the floor managers would come grab you off the floor and take us into a room to do 1:1 interviews. After asking several STAR/situational questions, I was asked if I had any additional questions and then told that I would hear back either way, once a decision was made. The next morning I got an email congratulating me on being selected for the position and a contingent offer pending criminal background check. Within days you are sent a link to provide background info for screening and pretty much just expect to show up to the office Day 1. We were told that the first week in office will primarily be for administrative purposes to fill out paperwork and such.

Interview Questions

• The floor manager was very casual and polite. He asked me around six questions in total. Here are a couple:

1) Describe a time when you had to interact with a difficult client. What was the situation, and how did you handle it?

2) Tell me about a time when you had to work closely with someone whose personality was very different from yours and how you made it work?   1 Answer