Princess Cruise Lines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 26, 2017

3.1

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Compensation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Princess Cruise Lines in June 2017.

Interview

Process began with a phone screen with a Sr. Staffing Specialist who read off the most standard interview questions and listened to my answers without comment or any real conversation.

Subsequently, a video interview appointment was made through Montage with the hiring manager and another team member. I took the time to test my webcam and make sure everything was working on the interview site beforehand. However, when the appointment time came the hiring manager and team member simply never signed on. Since the appointment didn't provide any contact information for them, after about 30 minutes of waiting for them to arrive, I emailed the person who coordinates the Montage interviews to let them know and ask if they wanted to reschedule. This person didn't reply to my email at all.

A few days later, I looked up the Sr Staffing Specialist I had spoken with, in order to at least follow up and see if the position was filled. She didn't reply to my email, either, but assigned a different Sr Staffing Specialist the unenviable task of introducing herself, apologizing for the team that pulled the "no-show," and then apologizing for the Talent Acquisition team.

I guess we all earn some stories to tell, when we look for work. Thankfully I won't need to work with any of these individuals in the future. And, I'll never be stuck aboard any of their boats.

Interview Questions

• No questions asked, due to the fact that they simply didn't show up, call or email to reschedule or cancel.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Princess Cruise Lines (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

This was an thirty minutes phone interview. Human Resources Representative was straight to the interview questions. It was kind of rush and didn't gave you enough time to complete your answer.

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Princess Cruise Lines (Valencia, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I had two phone screenings, one with HR and one technical.

Then I had an onsite day where I had another interview with HR, a technical interview with some of the developers, and another interview with the Project Lead and Manager. The HR one was mostly informative for me. The technical had some programming questions, and exercises I had to complete. The last interview they didn't know what to ask me so they didn't ask me anything.

After that I had two more phone interviews which asked all the situational questions and more about what I wanted to do.

I was told I'd get a response in a week. I waited two weeks before contacting them and they finally gave me the answer.

Interview Questions

• Describe the projects and experience on your resume in more detail   Answer Question

Reservation Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Princess Cruise Lines in September 2016.

Interview

I applied on line, received email the next day for video interviewed thru Montage system. I passed it and received the phone call from recruiter to take an assessment by click on the link that they sent you. If you pass the assessment you will have an interview with the supervisor.

Interview Questions

• which computer application that you feel it is difficult?   Answer Question

Yield/Revenue Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Princess Cruise Lines (Santa Clarita, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

extremely long and painful interview process. I will mirror the write up below mine and say that their HR department is absolutely clueless and incompetent.

After 3 phone interviews, i was asked to take a day off work and come in for an in person interview. We set up a date and when i got there, everyone was painfully late. I spoke with all the directors and some some Sr. Analysts. The questions were standard and nothing was difficult.

They promised to get back to me at the end of the week and never did. i followed up with them a couple of times over the next month and never heard back. Fast forward 9 weeks, their HR called me and asked to come in for another face to face meeting. Needless to say i simply returned the favor by ignoring them.

Technical Project Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Princess Cruise Lines (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online for a technical project position at Princess Cruises in June 2016. One week later, I received an email from the HR for a phone screen appointment. She called me next day for phone screening. In contrast with my previous experience with HR phone calls, she asked me some specific questions from my resume. Although there were some other general HR routine questions in between. She also gave me the chance to ask my questions about the position and company. She was really professional and friendly. At the end I was told that she will consult with hiring manager to select the right candidates for next round.
    I didn't heard back from her in next month and after my follow up I was informed that they have selected another candidate for this position.

Interview Questions

• In what kind of work environment, do you feel yourself more comfort?   1 Answer

Consumer Insights Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Princess Cruise Lines (Valencia, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The experience was drawn out over two months and involved two full days of missed work. Web interview in late July and decision made to not proceed in late September. I interviewed with eight different people spread out over three days and had to complete a sample project as an assessment of my skills.

Interview Questions

• How do you interact with stakeholders in the research process?   Answer Question

Cruise Vacation Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Princess Cruise Lines (Santa Clarita, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Group Interview. They showed inspiring videos about the Cruise Line. They posted three questions and each candidate had to answer. Many people were nervous. I certainly was. I found this interview very difficult because I don't like to speak in front of groups of people.

Interview Questions

• What job has best prepared you for this position? What job did you have to reach goals? How did you do that?   Answer Question

Customer Service/Reservations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Princess Cruise Lines.

Interview

Interview started with a few questions from HR rep, followed by customer service test on computer, then interview with 2 department sups, ended with listening in on a reps calls. All of this was done on one day, spent way more time in the office than I had expected, They did validate my parking.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Princess Cruise Lines (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

the interview went very swell nicely very calm very pollteful kind considerate they love my resume they are very witty very smart they put a very clear message across to me.