Princess Cruise Lines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 12, 2017

2.8

Work At Home Telephone Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Princess Cruise Lines (Santa Clarita, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Surprisingly lengthy interview process. Online application, followed by video interview, followed by interview at headquarters (3 hours!). Very surprised at the length of the interview and hiring process and disappointed to only be offered $10.50/hr and the worst shift of nights and weekends (the latter of which you only learn at the last minute).

Interview Questions

• Via email I was asked to research a cruise I'd like to take. At the interview they asked me details about it.   Answer Question

Consumer Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Princess Cruise Lines (Santa Clarita, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

applied online and got an email back one week later prompting me to follow a montage interview online that consisted of basic information about yourself and a few interview questions virtually, in front of your camera. 2 days later, I got another email inviting me to a hiring event and was instructed through email to complete a call center test (took around 45 mins). This had to be done before the event. The event was a group interview that took about 2 and a half hours, watching product videos, taking a 10 min. quiz and even a coffee break. We got to sit with call center reps and listen in on the calls. One by one, we were called in for interviewing. It was a basic interview but the supervisors were super friendly and made you feel so at ease. Some of us in the group were hired and some weren't. It was worth the time and I was definitely excited to be hired on! Last is the background check and once that has a green light, viola! You get your set schedule!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you disagreed with a manager. How did you approach the manager and what was the disagreement?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Princess Cruise Lines (Santa Clarita, CA).

Interview

This is company adrift in indecision on one side and bad judgment on the other. I actually never was too interested in the job due to the low salary, but they keep calling and asking to talk to me again and again over the course of 8 months. The HR department is clueless as to handle a search and the hiring managers can’t communicate single criteria for the position they are looking for. This a big group of inept employees, just stay away. I have always thought that HR departments should be dismantled, Princess cruises is proof that I am right.

Interview Questions

• what about maintenance, yes, this was as director as they got.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Princess Cruise Lines (Santa Clarita, CA).

Interview

Participated in a mini-group virtual interview. Was asked 3 questions about my work history/experience. Very friendly, very comfortable. Moved onto 1 on 1 virtual interview. Was asked a little more about my employment history and experience. Moved onto simulated call center test. Took about 45 minutes, answering simulated customer calls. Moved onto a final virtual interview with some very kind women. Was sent a link via email to complete some background questions on my original online application. The whole process from application to job took about a month. My advice, be prepared with your answers, dress appropriately, but relax, they are very friendly people.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of how you reached a difficult sales goal or made a difficult sale.   Answer Question

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Princess Cruise Lines (Valencia, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I had two phone screenings, one with HR and one technical.

Then I had an onsite day where I had another interview with HR, a technical interview with some of the developers, and another interview with the Project Lead and Manager. The HR one was mostly informative for me. The technical had some programming questions, and exercises I had to complete. The last interview they didn't know what to ask me so they didn't ask me anything.

After that I had two more phone interviews which asked all the situational questions and more about what I wanted to do.

I was told I'd get a response in a week. I waited two weeks before contacting them and they finally gave me the answer.

Interview Questions

• Describe the projects and experience on your resume in more detail   Answer Question

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Princess Cruise Lines (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was great. The initial interview was with a group, then a teleconference and then sitting in on customer calls and a final face-to-face interview. A very enjoyable experience!

Interview Questions

• How have you met or exceeded a goal you have set for yourself?   Answer Question

Reservation Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Princess Cruise Lines in September 2016.

Interview

I applied on line, received email the next day for video interviewed thru Montage system. I passed it and received the phone call from recruiter to take an assessment by click on the link that they sent you. If you pass the assessment you will have an interview with the supervisor.

Interview Questions

• which computer application that you feel it is difficult?   Answer Question

Yield/Revenue Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Princess Cruise Lines (Santa Clarita, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

extremely long and painful interview process. I will mirror the write up below mine and say that their HR department is absolutely clueless and incompetent.

After 3 phone interviews, i was asked to take a day off work and come in for an in person interview. We set up a date and when i got there, everyone was painfully late. I spoke with all the directors and some some Sr. Analysts. The questions were standard and nothing was difficult.

They promised to get back to me at the end of the week and never did. i followed up with them a couple of times over the next month and never heard back. Fast forward 9 weeks, their HR called me and asked to come in for another face to face meeting. Needless to say i simply returned the favor by ignoring them.

Reservation Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Princess Cruise Lines (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

I attended a web based group interview this morning. It was so weird. There were about 12 of us. Two of us (including me) were about to fall asleep because the recruiter seemed to make it a lot more interesting that it seemed.

She kept saying that the pay was bad, and the hours were long. Way to sell the company!! Also, an odd thing about how the agents weren't valued by the company? That was very odd.

Technical Project Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Princess Cruise Lines (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online for a technical project position at Princess Cruises in June 2016. One week later, I received an email from the HR for a phone screen appointment. She called me next day for phone screening. In contrast with my previous experience with HR phone calls, she asked me some specific questions from my resume. Although there were some other general HR routine questions in between. She also gave me the chance to ask my questions about the position and company. She was really professional and friendly. At the end I was told that she will consult with hiring manager to select the right candidates for next round.
    I didn't heard back from her in next month and after my follow up I was informed that they have selected another candidate for this position.

Interview Questions

• In what kind of work environment, do you feel yourself more comfort?   1 Answer