Princess Cruise Lines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Print Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Princess Cruise Lines (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Contacted by headhunter. Process took several months, once interviews were set up, where conducted over several days. Everyone was very cordial and professional during the process.

First a single interview with HR and then an interview by a panel.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. All questions related to employment history and approach to tasks and communications. Too many old standards, like "your three strengths" and "three weaknesses". Too text book.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Princess Cruise Lines in July 2013.

Interview

A senior leader in IT was disrespectful. HR disorganized. After having on-site interviews on three separate occasions, I never heard back. I had to call HR to find out the status of the position, that's when I was told that there was a language requirement which I did not have, therefore, not moving forward. On top of all this, part of the application process you are asked for your W2 from prior employers, supposedly to prove you worked for them (as I was told). When I said I should not have to produce these and provide them to anyone except my accountant, I was told I am being dishonest, I had to respond with saying the company is unethical for asking such information.

Many weeks later I was contacted by them saying they have not filled the position and if I'm still interested. I did not respond, was not interested then and will never look at this place again as a viable place of employment, nor would I recommend it to anyone.

Interview Questions

Disrespectful and dishonest interview process.

Medic Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Princess Cruise Lines.

Interview

Phone interview and then a skype interview. Flat-rate pay below US national average for a paramedic with no benefits. A great free way to see the world and meet new people, but very high turnover rates from employees with no career progression plans for paramedics. Weigh the pros and cons before accepting this position.

If travel is your goal then go for it.

Interview Questions

• Standard EMT-Basic Scenarios What do you do if someone is choking at a restaurant? What do you do if you find someone unconscious? Also really big on working customer service into your answers.   Answer Question

Technical Project Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Princess Cruise Lines (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online for a technical project position at Princess Cruises in June 2016. One week later, I received an email from the HR for a phone screen appointment. She called me next day for phone screening. In contrast with my previous experience with HR phone calls, she asked me some specific questions from my resume. Although there were some other general HR routine questions in between. She also gave me the chance to ask my questions about the position and company. She was really professional and friendly. At the end I was told that she will consult with hiring manager to select the right candidates for next round.
    I didn't heard back from her in next month and after my follow up I was informed that they have selected another candidate for this position.

Interview Questions

• In what kind of work environment, do you feel yourself more comfort?   1 Answer

Media Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mammoth Lakes, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Princess Cruise Lines (Mammoth Lakes, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied through a posting on my school job board and was phoned for an interview only 2 hours later. I had a phone interview with the supervisor/producer the next week and was phoned and offered the position a couple of hours later.

Interview Questions

• What about the description of this job and company appealed to you and made you want to apply?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Princess Cruise Lines (Santa Clarita, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Group Interview. They showed inspiring videos about the Cruise Line. They posted three questions and each candidate had to answer. Many people were nervous. I certainly was. I found this interview very difficult because I don't like to speak in front of groups of people.

Interview Questions

• What job has best prepared you for this position? What job did you have to reach goals? How did you do that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Princess Cruise Lines (Valencia, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

Applied online, got contacted for first round interview a couple weeks later. It had to be a recorded interview where you respond to their pre-recorded interview questions and record yourself with your response. You get 1.5-2 mins to respond.
    About 3-4 weeks later I got emailed to attend a “Recruiting Event.” It was a group interview setting where we had to do a computer assessment, shadow a current CVP, and interview with a Sales Coach (individually). Myself and two others were offered the position at the end.

Interview Questions

• They gave me a scenario to evaluate my critical thinking. I had to decide which hypothetical tasks to do first and why   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Princess Cruise Lines (Santa Clarita, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

It was nerve wracking at first because they do a hiring "Event", so there are lots of people there interviewing for the same job. The staff that handled the Event, were very warm and encouraging, they made me feel at ease almost immediately. They exchanged in friendly banter among themselves, which helped ease the tension a lot and gave a feeling that it was a friendly place to work. You go in as a group, watch a short film about the company, then do simple computer testing. Then they take two Applicants per Sales Coach and you go down onto the sales floor and sit with someone who shows you what they do, and explains a bit. After that, you go into a private interview with two other people. They are so casual and friendly, it really put me at ease. (Don't spend too much time studying the cruises and such, they really don't ask about that, it's a very simple interview, don't be afraid!) Then everyone goes downstairs to the main room again and they give a bit more info and you watch a longer film about the history of the company. After that they thank you for coming and let everyone know that HR will be in touch. (If you get hired, they tell you pretty quickly, no long waits!) I got hired and am in the paperwork process now. It was the most fun interview I've ever been on to be honest!

Interview Questions

• They asked some questions about how I would handle things that were explained during the time I sat with the employee in the call center. I don't think I can share that info, we sign a non-disclosure....   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Princess Cruise Lines (Santa Clarita, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted within 2 weeks. Took an online video interview and was later asked to confirm to meet on a certain day/time that would last roughly 4 hours in a group setting. Interview only took roughly 2 and a half hours and consisted of a technology test, shadowing a current CVP and a one-on-one interview.

MBA Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Princess Cruise Lines in April 2016.

Interview

I applied for an internship. This might be different for full time positions.

- Apply Online on their career website
    - Answer questions on a recorded video app where you can see the questions ahead of time, prepare, type in notes, watch your recording and re-record as needed.
    - One Phone interview with a director and a manager (the ones I ended up working with) about 45 minutes

Interview Questions

• They noticed that I put Travel in my interests and they asked about that and what it means to me   Answer Question