Princeton Review Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Princeton Review Interview Questions

Interviews at Princeton Review

2.6

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Princeton Review.

Interview

Extremely curt and unprofessional.
    If the HR Rep did not pick the scheduling, I feel for them and they should have voiced an idea/ideas for the phone screening format. If the HR contact did choose the format, than that is their opportunity to learn to speak up as I could immediately sense stress/hurriedness in their voice.
    The phone screen was 15 minutes and 2 times during the conversation I was told something to the effect that "I have back, to back, to back appointments."
     As a sales professional, I understand that everyone's time is scarce, but I sincerely felt that their HR/Recruiting is a 'check the box' organization. If you're newer to sales and would like to work on your "elevator pitch" than I'd recommend accepting the phone screen to help your skills and perhaps it will lead to a sales role.
    Otherwise, I'd say this organization is a "pass"

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Princeton Review.

Interview

There was a phone interview and then after you are called in to teach a five minute sample lesson. Mine was on how to win every-time at tic-tac-toe. This part was fairly easy, do not over think it as I tried to do. Make sure you plan to use a white board

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Princeton Review in December 2019.

Interview

After application was submitted, I was asked to answer a questionnaire from the hiring manager. Had three separate phone interviews. The last interview was with a senior manager who was curt and appeared to be in a foul mood. I attempted to reach the hiring manager after the last interview but did not get a response. I never received a rejection letter, but assume the position was filled.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Princeton Review (New York, NY) in November 2019.

Interview

It was a phone interview. Walkthrough of my resume, and simple questions about the languages I mentioned I knew. Also asked for elaborations on my experience like "can you tell me more about this project?"

Interview Questions

• Name some sql joins, what is a javascript prototype, what is a css inline block, what's the time complexity of getting a value from an array?   Answer Question

SAT/ACT/GMAT Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Princeton Review (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

A 2-part interview process that included a phone interview and a panel presentation took approximately 90 minutes collectively. Past teaching/educational experience are beneficial to address the phone interview questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you interact with the students' parents?   1 Answer

SAT Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Princeton Review (Washington, DC) in April 2019.

Interview

I started the interview process while I was abroad, so this may not be what everyone does: it started with an online application. After I submitted the application (all about basic stuff: education, resume, etc.), I received a message from a staff member in the DC office. She then had me set up a Skype interview. I assume this would have been in person if I had been in the country. Lastly, when I came back to DC I participated in a teaching interview where I taught the subject of my choice to one of the office managers for about 15 mins. After those three stages, I was hired and I started the training process.

LSAT Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Princeton Review in March 2019.

Interview

I used to teach for this company and thought I'd come back again and teach a few classes for fun, but the company has really gone downhill; I found the staff to be rather incompetent. I decided to teach elsewhere instead.

Interview Questions

• If I was working anywhere else?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Princeton Review.

Interview

I first received a phone interview that lasted maybe fifteen minutes. Then a week later I did a Skype interview that last about thirty minutes. The hiring person then called me about six days later letting me know I was being offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What Microsoft office products are you most comfortable with.   Answer Question

SAT/ACT Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Princeton Review (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

First you have a phone interview where you get asked some questions about motivation, tutoring experience, organization, etc. Then you have to go in to do a demonstration class where you teach something you are interested in. They give examples like baking a cake, cheese and wine pairing, etc. Something Non-academic. Then you have paid training where you learn the TPR methods.

Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Princeton Review (Washington, DC) in December 2018.

Interview

The job is simply a part-time Administrative Assistant position. The company first asked me by email to compose three writing responses based on scenarios for customer service experience which I do not have any customer service skills or customer service experience at all. The Princeton Review told me the position is entry-level. I was then asked to come for an in-person interview. The company was simply reading questions from a worksheet made by Princeton Review and Tutor.com. Some of the questions I couldn't answer as I did not have experience, skills, and/or employment work scenarios to answer it.

In Early-January 2019, I reached out to the company to know if there was a status update of the position. and I never heard back. All it reads on my application status which went from "Thanks for expressing your interest in the position of Operations Assistant. If additional information is required, this space will indicate next steps." to "Thank you for your interest in Operations Assistant." An email or a phone call would have been nice as opposed to the company's website. I really had no interested in the job at all.