Princeton Review Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Princeton Review Interview Questions

Updated Jan 8, 2018

2.6

SAT Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Princeton Review.

Interview

After filling out the application online, you have to pass a Diagnostic test. Afterwards you schedule a skype interview where they basically go over availability. After passing the skype interview you then do an in person 5 - 10 minute presentation.

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Princeton Review.

Interview

For each instructor position, you take a different online test. Teaching SAT is one test, GRE is another. If you pass the test, someone from the office will contact you. I've been through this process twice (having worked for the company in two stints). Because you have already gotten through one of their screening processes they will take you seriously as an applicant and explain the rest of the process up front.

If you live close to the local office they may ask you to come in and demonstrate teaching something simple to the office staff (this happened on my first stint). They will be looking to see if you are friendly and if you involve your audience. Do not stand and talk at them. Do ask questions, get responses, create conversation and use it to get your point across.

After this point, they will sign you up for a training based on what you want to teach. The training is paid and it may require travel (they will reimburse all expenses). It usually is scheduled over weekends and may take as many as two weekends. Mostly you will be taught the content and you will give practice lessons back to the trainer. Your job during this phase is to learn the material and demonstrate that you can teach it to the trainer's satisfaction. Generally, if you are teaching anything other than MCAT the trainings are pretty laid back. Teaching MCAT demands more from the instructor, and the intensity of the trainings (those I have been through and those I have heard about) reflect this. If you are an inexperienced teacher, I recommend starting with SAT or ACT and then migrating over to other subjects as you get some experience.

Interview Questions

• They ask about prior teaching experience.   1 Answer

Physics Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Princeton Review.

Interview

1) A online physics test which you need to pass and get 2 attempts to do so.
    2) Once you've cleared the online test, there will be a skype interview.
    3) Next, will be a teaching demo so determine if you can convey subject matter clearly.
    4) If you pass the teaching demo, you will be put through a 2 day physics teaching training. Irrespective of how you do on your first day, you must show improvements on the second day to be considered for receiving a teaching certification.

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Princeton Review (Tallahassee, FL) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview process (by phone) was short, casual, and relatively easy to prepare for. However, you have to take an exam on the subject you want to teach, and must receive a high score on it before getting to the interview. Interviewers ask the typical questions that one would expect if they were applying elsewhere (e.g. qualifications, interests, availability).

Interview Questions

• What qualifications do you have?   1 Answer

SAT/ACT Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Princeton Review (Irvine, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, lasted about fifteen minutes, with some basic questions and basic information about the job. The interviewer was very nice and polite, and it was overall an easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work as a tutor for the Princeton Review?   Answer Question
    • What is an example of a time you showed leadership?   Answer Question

SAT/ACT Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Princeton Review in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and took a qualifying test. I was contacted for an interview. The phone interview took 15 minutes. The person interviewing me was very polite and it was a relatively easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in teaching for Princeton Review?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Princeton Review (Chapel Hill, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

The Director of Institutional Planning set up and conducted the phone screening, which lasted between 15-30 minutes. You learn more about the position duties and the company during the screening. They also ask you to tell a little about yourself. Then, you have an in- person interview, which lasts for about 45 minutes. The interview was conducted by 4 people. It was pretty laid back. You can expect to respond to typical interview questions. However, I felt that some of the questions weren't in any way related to the position. I was thrown off about them asking me about my favorite boss.

ACT Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Princeton Review.

Interview

I had a phone interview followed by a teacher audition at the princeton review office. It was very low pressure and conversational and altogether a positive experience. it took them a while to get back to me, but I was offered a position after emailing them.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good candidate for the princeton review.   Answer Question

SAT Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Princeton Review in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online and had to pass a subject test. Scheduled a skype interview appointment time for 3 days later. 15min interview with info about pay/training and questions about you and your qualifications as well as a mock tutoring presentation on subject of your choice. Afterwards paid training in person on a weekend

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Princeton Review (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

They have you fill out some form online and take an online quiz to test your skills in the subject you wish to teach. After the evaluation, someone gives you a call and lets you know the next steps that you would have to take. A few days later, I had to give a quick 5-minute lesson on something I choose in front of someone.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to perform a mini-lesson in front of someone.   Answer Question