Princeton Review Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.6

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Princeton Review (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

They have you fill out some form online and take an online quiz to test your skills in the subject you wish to teach. After the evaluation, someone gives you a call and lets you know the next steps that you would have to take. A few days later, I had to give a quick 5-minute lesson on something I choose in front of someone.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to perform a mini-lesson in front of someone.   Answer Question

SAT Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Princeton Review (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

After screening my initial application and making me take a qualifying exam to prove my competency, they sent me an email notifying me that I should set up a time for a Skype interview. Fast forward to the date of the interview, they notified me mere minutes before the set time that they had already hired all of the instructors they needed and therefore did not need to interview me. TPR seems very disorganized, and somewhat rude.

Interview Questions

• (They canceled minutes before the interview, but I've heard they mainly ask personality and motivation based questions)   Answer Question

ACT Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Princeton Review (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

After the process of doing the online application and test, I was granted a Skype interview with a recruiter and it was mostly instructional. Information about pay, hours, and so on. The next step is an in person audition where I will teach a non-academic topic of my choice.

MCAT Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Princeton Review in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter via email in early March to complete a qualifying exam for the subject I was applying to teach. I was told I successfully passed the exam and then had a phone interview with the same recruiter. After completing the phone interview, I was invited to complete an online audition, which included a 5 minute presentation on a scientific topic of my choice. I completed the online audition with another Princeton Review employee 2 weeks after the initial contact, and was told I should hear back about the position soon. About 2 months later and nobody from the company ever contacted me again! I sent numerous emails, called the recruiter, and left several messages, but they were all ignored. They never gave me a yes or a no. I never received any feedback after the audition. The only emails I received from Princeton Review since have been ads inviting me to sign up for one of the very courses I was applying to teach. This left a very bad impression of how this company operates.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience teaching online?   1 Answer

SAT Teacher Interview

Interview

A short non-education related audition, then a qualifying quiz. Then, a 2-day group audition/training session. Before the 2-day session, you will be required to prepare certain sections in the workbook to teach the rest of the "class".

MCAT Chemistry Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Princeton Review (Irvine, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online for MCAT instructor. It took around 3-4 weeks. first there was a phone interview where they asked basic questions about past tutoring experience. then I had to take a subject test and score minimum 80%. This was followed by a teaching audition where some pre-selected topics were provides and I had to give a presentation for about 8-10 minutes. Very polite and well behaved staff.

MCAT Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Princeton Review (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Went to job fair to receive packet of information. Filled out an application online. Was invited to a group "audition", wherein we had to lecture on any nonacademic subject. Took an online content exam.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Princeton Review in June 2016.

Interview

The first step is a 30 minute phone screening.
    The next step is a two weekend training/interview. You learn the materials for the course, retake the SAT again and must participate in sample lessons where your instructor evaluates your progress, style, and skills at teaching.

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Princeton Review (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and they emailed a couple weeks later. I did a phone interview where they just asked me basic questions about myself, my career goals, and told me about the process of getting hired, what the job was like, etc. After the phone interview they asked me to do an in-person (Skype) interview where I had to give a 5-minute presentation on a non-academic subject. I heard from them a couple weeks after that and got the job. Then I had to take an online exam and go to training before I started tutoring a class.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions, 5-minute presentation on non-academic subject.   Answer Question

Marketing/Outreach Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Princeton Review (Edison, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

I passed a phone interview about five days before attending the in-person interview. I arrived at the office about five minutes early. Upon entering, I waited in a conference room for a couple minutes and met with the Marketing/Outreach Manager I had the phone interview with. She didn't seem completely prepared with questions or comments, taking a few moments to think of questions while looking over my resume. She did answer all of my questions thoroughly though. When I finished asking my questions, she told me the Executive Director would be coming in to talk to me which I didn't know would be happening. I waited for a couple minutes while he finished a meeting. He was extremely personable. We talked casually about our alma mater and our opinions about higher education. He said he prefers to have conversations rather than ask typical interview questions. Both interviews took about two hours with waiting.

Interview Questions

• What's your greatest strength?
      What's your greatest weakness?   Answer Question